Need Help

image37058.jpg

I can't find lineage of Lemon Amnesia. Amnesia is a sativa that is a 10 week flower if you nailed it and did not stress it. Lemon has been Breed out of Haze, Kush and Skunk. So one of those is likely the source for the other half...those are Sativa, Hybrid, Hybrid so probably in the 10 week range for a good dialed in grow.

Your buds haven't really started eating up those leaves yet. I wouldn't be surprised if that could go 3 or more weeks to hit its peak. Actually I would be very surprised if it hit its peak in less than 2. Just go very light on the nutes from here on and she will fatten up, maybe go up 1/3 in weight.

Forevermellow, welcome to :420:!

I can see from the deep green of your leaves that you have been feeding your plant very well. As others have said, there are still plenty of white pistils on these buds, but you have hit the first milestone... SOME of the pistils at the very top have turned.

This is generally my indication that we are within the last 2 weeks. Now my goal is to make those buds swell in size, and they can almost double from this point on. The trick to this seems illogical, but it is to stop giving nutes. Nothing but water from now on, and force the plant to use everything in itself and the soil. Using what is in the soil is easy, that just takes watering, but what happens next is magical. After all the nutes are gone and nothing but water is coming up the pipes, the plant begins to freak just a bit more each day... and soon, it believes that it may starve before it can pass on its genetics by completing its buds. In that last week, with no more nutes, the plant throws its all into maturing the buds... because it feels that it needs to.

If you keep feeding the plant till the end... this doesn't happen. The buds don't get as big, and they end up tasting like nutes.

The other thing to watch is the color of the trichomes, and some people prefer to harvest at a certain point of ripeness, and always go for a certain percentage of amber. The problem with this is that not all the buds mature at the same rate, and you can get a spot directly under the light that looks like it is ripe under the microscope and being anxious to get a harvest, there is a tendency to pull a bit early. This has actually been one of the hardest things for me to learn, being taught early on that it was ALL ABOUT THE TRICHOMES. Now I know better. :)

Good luck... this little finess at the end marks the difference between a duffer and a gardener of weeds who knows this plant and the product they are trying to produce. It turns out there are lots of little tricks like this, all written down and waiting for you to read them. Welcome to the forums!

Back
Top Bottom