Need Help...

Viracocha711

I will be growing(Flowering) in a 4' x 4' enclosed but very well ventilated space. I can't decide if I should use a 430w HPS or a 600w HPS. I want to get the best results without wasting light and cash.

One more question, does anyone use a Super Sun 2 reflector? I am looking for advice on this as well.

Thank you.

Get the 600. I have (3) 400's and (1) 430. I wish I got 600's. I also recommend getting an electronic ballast. It's cheaper to run. It may cost a little more intially. But you will easily make up for it in the long run. IMO It's better to keep your electric bill down. Urdedpal had a GREAT online website out of maryland. VERY CHEAP 600 watt electronic ballasts. I'll see if I can find it somewhere.

The Super Sun 2 reflector looks very similar to the hoods I use. I love mine! Keep in mind, sometimes the price you get may not include the tempered glass. So, if you see it cheaper at one place check and see if it includes the glass.

Here, I found the website. Looks like they have a lumatek 600 electronic for $190. Looks like the sale ends today though.

EDIT. After looking through this website. I am reluctant to buy anything from them. They have broken pages all over the place and prices that don't make any sense at all to me. I sent them an email to see whats up. We'll see if they get back to me.

OK, cool...I will go with the 600w HPS then. And I will shop around for the electronic ballast...Do you know what brands are respectable? Again, I am new and do not have a firm idea of which brands of what stuff is good. And I know I have read that buying a ballast from a good company is smart for saftey reasons.

Thanks for your help and answering my questions I really appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom