Need Help...

Viracocha711

Does anyone know much about "Anti detection film"? You are suppose to line the inside of your grow room with it like you do with Mylar...It is suppose to block(reflect) the detection of heat sensing devices used by helicopters...I think it is refered to as "forward looking infrared"?

Is it worth the extra bucks or is Mylar good enough?

As always thanks for the input.

And the tech costs big bucks. I can't imagine local authorities being able to spend that kind of money, big city or otherwise. . . I also think I had read what AP is referring too. . . so maybe unless they are already looking in your diection, and your worth the expense, would it be used. I wouldn't waste my money. . . unless of course, I was growing a couple hundred plants. . . knowin me, that would make me paranoid enough to look it to it. I never heard of it bein used anywhere but the national parks too. Looking for large patterned crops. . .:peace:

Yes, it was declared unconstitutional by the high court a few years back...However, prior to my injury I worked for a well known criminal defense "lawyer" here in the ATL. And the story goes like this, the police/US Mashals/FBI/ATF whoever, fly around in their hi tech choppers and look around, well, once they find something then it is reported as an creditable "anonymous tip" and the judge signs off on the search warrant! How many times have you heard on the news about a big drug bust from an "anonymous tip"?

Or they claim they were in hot pursuit of a suspect and then they run accross your glowing house and then begin surveillance of your house or go ahead and get a warrant...Or they simply send an officer out to your house to walk around your house and he "will" report that "...there was a strong odor of marijuana eminating from the residence at 420 happy lane"

So, I think I will spend the money if it actually works? I will not have that big of a grow 6-10 plants, but better safe than busted.

I just wonder if the stuff actually works, does anyone know?

...And yes that FLIR tech is expensive but where do you think all that money goes from "Asset Forfeitures"?

Just look what is posted on the US Marshalls web site...

"There are three goals of the Asset Forfeiture Program: enforcing the law; improving law enforcement cooperation; and enhancing law enforcement through revenue. Asset forfeiture is a law enforcement success story, and the Marshals Service plays a vital role.

This is the sole reason Marijuana is illegal!

I don't use one, abd they do work, but I have heard they don't eliminate odor 100%. My last grow I flowered 2 plants, during the last 4 weeks, is when the odor escaped my basement. I had a vent at the time but it vented in the basement, thinking the cold air would keep the odor down. I was sooo wrong. . . I vent thru a chimmney now. I still don't expect to eliminate 100% of the escaping odor, and without a filter, I know I won't. But it should be managable for me.:peace:

So, the odor does get really bad, huh? I really wish I could get more people to talk about odor prevention? I guess it is not an exciting topic, but I have not done a grow yet and i would like to hear from those experts who have and who know the odor prevention measures I need to take...I really need some advice on this topic.

Well, there are strains that have low odor. and there are other odor eliminaters, but their debatable. O-zone, which is debated a lot, seems to remove the odor from the bud. But, its dangerous to humans, and quite possibly the plants too, I have seen other things like, Ona Block Odor Control, you'll have to do a search online for it, its about $10. You place it in the cab and is suppose to neutralize the odor, but its scented, not sure if that would effect your grow. . . . . Carbon filter's do work, don't get me wrong from my previous posts, I have seen plenty of grow rooms setup with one, always vented to the outside though. See, IMO, tats your best bet. Get it vented outside. Like I said before with my first grow, the last few weeks are the worst. . . and my problems started when my vent broke down. I built my own fans, and I used old adapters, and they just stopped working one day. The wires probably snapped somewhere along the cord from being bent and shit. And slowly over the next couple of days, the smell crept into my dinningroom from the basement. if my vent hadn't of broken, The odor would have been mostly controled, just could smell it a few feet around my cab. I took care of this on my second grow, I built my box mostly out of plywood, and a part of an old wardrobe cab. I siliconed all non-moving joints, and rubber tube weatherstriping around the doors and hinges. and I built a better intake and exhaust system, vented in a chimmney. I expect that the odor won't be much of an issue for me. Even without a carbon filter. I do plan on incorporating one, when I build a bigger cab. Is there anyway you can vent out of your house? :peace:

I guess I could...Where my growroom is there just happens to be a bathroom right next to it that has a "fart fan" with a 4" flex duct that runs to a vent on the outside of the house about 8' off the ground, it does not run to the roof. I could easily have someone remove the 4" duct off the fart fan and cut a hole in the ceiling of my closet(growroom) and run the 4" duct to a fan inside my growroom and then it would vent to the outside...Do you think if I put a 4" inline carbon filter on this exhaust and do you think this would be enough for 4-6 plants of northern lights? Is NL a stinky grow?

And yes, I have read about ONA's and I will be trying those plus perhaps an ionic breeze? I want to have a triple layer defense for odor.

I have emailed some companies who specialize in making activated carbon for industrial applications. I found one of these wholsalers who will sale a 55 pound bag for $2 - $2.50 a pound depending on which type and if it is in pellet or granule form...So, if I can get 55 pounds of activated carbon for the price of one carbon filter from a grow store, I could make several can filters with material from Home Depot.

Does this sound like a good idea?

If you vent outside, and use a carbon filter, IMO would be fine for odor. I like your can filter approach, seems to be much cheaper. For the amount of plants you plan on growing. . . you planning to flower 6? or growing 6 and waiting for sex? Maybe I would throw the Ona in there too. . lol. :peace:

Ionizers work great, I bought one for 70 bucks at ABC, you could probably get the same thing at bes buy or circuit city. Just a little thing and is rated for 500 sq ft. Works the same as Ionic Breeze but doesn't cost a bazillion dollars.

I bought an upright reciprocating fan with filter and ion generator at home depot for $49.00 been running 24/7 for almost 2 years no problem. Best of both worlds...circ fan and ion generator...plus it has a filter. gotta clean it every couple weeks, but worth it!

Excellent Ackorn...can you give a hint as to what brand? A 3 in one type thingy sounds good to me!

Brett, I do agree that I should get an off brand as well...Always looking to save a buck.

If you vent outside, and use a carbon filter, IMO would be fine for odor. I like your can filter approach, seems to be much cheaper. For the amount of plants you plan on growing. . . you planning to flower 6? or growing 6 and waiting for sex? Maybe I would throw the Ona in there too. . lol. :peace:

I guess I would be flowering 4-6 on the first grow and then I plan on cloning...So, I will germ 10 from seed and then hopefully I will end up with 4-6 females and I can keep a mother and flower the rest.

So, to answer your question, I will not have more than 6 flowering at one time...Correct me if I am wrong, the flowering stage is the odor stage correct?

Are Northern Lights bad for odor?

And has anyone ever heard of a strain called "THE CHURCH"?

Yeah, the bud stage is more. . ."odorific" lol. . . I have seen seed banks that claim NL is a low odor strain. . . also suppose to be one of the easiest for peeps just starting out.. . I haven't heard of anything called The Church. . .

Yeah, I decided I am not going to keep a mother. I am gonna use flowering clones. I don't really have the room to keep a mother. The cab I have now, I use for veg then flower. . . but I will be finished building an attachment for my cab to give it a vegging chamber, and the bigger cab I use now will be for flowering. The ceiling's the limit. . lol and I only have about 36" left, so 3'w x 3'h x 2'd will be the dimensions of the new addition. Good luck man. . . keep us posted:peace:

"ODORIFIC"! LOL!...I like that, as long as I am the only one who enjoys the sweet smell of mother nature's finest herb emanating from my Garden of Eden! OK, "flowering clone"...I forgot about this method of taking clones. I remember reading about this in a post but i have been reading so much lately trying to soak it all in I want to be sure I know what it is...A flowering clone is a clone taken from a female ("Canna-Goddess") at 2-3 weeks into the 12/12 photic cycle, or flowering stage, or is it 2-3 weeks up until time of harvest?

If I am not mistaken about flowering clones, and it is not that difficult to do, then I too will be using this method rather than keeping a Mother "Canna-Goddess" around to cut clones from.

I have a funny story...(Male Humor)...OK, I was explaining to my brother how "sensimilla" bud is grown, and his reply was "Hmmm...So good things come from a sex starved female cannabis plant, huh...I wonder if that would work with the human species?"

I thought it was funny so I decided to share it, I hope I do not make anyone mad?

Back
Top Bottom