Need Hydroponic Guru assistance

VAGUEtrain

hey guys, vague here :ganjamon:

dad just got back from his trip today and has gotten 2 clones from a dispensary in nor cal. we got one gran daddy purp, and one recon clone.

anyway one looks to be in soil the other in perlite or something, a kind of soil mix... anyway my grow room is hydropinc.. i have a drip system for veg (so vegging wont be a problem for them) but my flower enviroment is EBB n Flow..

what do i do when it comes time to transplant? keep them in the plastic pot of soil, and drill tiny holes into the pot its in... and drop it in the hydroton we use? maybe put some tin foil over the top of the soil to keep it from spillin into the reservoir..

not too sure, and was hoping for some innovative ideas from ya guys. lets ponder :bongrip:

hey racefan thanks, a few questions on top of that though..

does it matter when i transplant... because i want to keep the strain around..

i guess my best bet would to be clone it and go ahed and put the initial clone that was soiled in the ebb n flow for flower.. so i then have a new mother that can start out as hydro in rockwool cubes.

hmm kinda figured my problem out as i was typing this and asking a question (this sour diesel got me a bit high at the moment :ganjamon:

once again thanks racefan, youre a huge help

acccttuuualllly i need another answer :[ so we got them from a club. they are in really small containers... like a 2 or 3 inch plastic pot.. and one of the plants is already 7-9 nodes high. its not even a clone anymore -.- but i still need to veg them for a few week until harvest is done. what do i do?!

well, i had an idea.... i have 4 inch rockwools.... would it create root bound if i were to cut up the inside of the rockwool, making the hole bigger... and transplant the soil straight into the rock wool....? because the plants in our flower room are.. 6 weeks old this sunday.. were going on 10 week flower period probably... and these clone/plants need to get transplanted soon and i dont know a good way to put them into something stursdy for veg... and ive never taken a plant out with no rockwool and put it ion ebb n flow....

so i might just jump, and hope i have a parachute....

the Recon we have... is in a small little plastic pot... with thick walls... were going to carefully cut the walls... and put it into a rockwool.... (treating the soil its in like a rockwool peice trying to keep it together) and placing it in our modified 4x4 rockwool... we basically bored out the inside to make a larger opening/resting area in the cube.

ok well that worked well for the recon.... now we got the grandaddy purple.... and damnit! its not even soil... its like a sand type mix...with white rocks and such. and i dont know what to do with it >.< i just need to sack up and transplant it.. but i dont want to mess this up guys, especially for the Grandaddy... we just got these clones today from Ca ;[

you think the rockwool idea was good? im thinking maybe having to do it for the grandaddy... but the soil at least stayed solid for the Recon.

EH ILL KEEP YALL UPDATED ON HOW THEY DO.. TRANSPLANTED BOTH...INTO ROCKWOOL CUBES... THAT WERE CUT UP ON THE INSIDE TO MAKE ROOM. THANK YOU. :GANJAMON:

VAGUE

If you haven't moved them yet. The white balls are basically the same as growing in soil. They just are a different product that will hold water better than soil.
Anyways, if you want to keep the genetics around. You should grab like a 5 gallon pot and move them into the bigger pot for a mother. Then you will be able to clone. You would have to wait a few more weeks to move a plant into vegging/flowering but you would be able to keep both the plants genetics.
Since you are able to buy a mother, I am sure you can find a hydro store. Where you should purchase either rockwool or a similar product. I have had GREAT success with a product called rapid rooters.
GL man
Peace :peace:

thanks alot cubs... we ended up doing what i said,,, not sure if it was the best but i didnt have a choice.. were not doing soil and it would have interupted our whole growroom for what we have built it for... and the plants we have living already.

we had 4x4 cubes of rockwool... The recon clone was in a 2"x2" plastic pot... we cut the sides of it and put it into our modified 4x4 rockwool.

(OUR MODIFED ROCKWOOL) was a 4x4 inch grodan rockwool.. that we cut up... where u put the smaller rockwool... we cut to hold a 2-3 inch area... and just transp[lanted whatever soil they were in,... into the rock woool..

its been a few days since this has taken place. four almost 5 to be axact, and theyre looking great.. i have pictures needing resizing and uploading.. ill post em. thank for your support cub! :ganjamon: cheers! vague

mmmeehhhhh ;[ i was just reading around and i got a bit nervous now.... what about rooot rot? have i sucepted my plants to potential root rot? im going to try and keep the irrigation drippers,,, on the outside of the soil.. and check the ph in the res. and pots.

i am going to clone them though Cubs to get the best clone i can... and keep that as a mother.

The rockwool should be fine. You always have the potential for mold though. I personally have found the annoying algae way more than mold.
Anyways, before the plants get a massive root system, you could purchase the buckets that they use for flood tables. They are like 9x9 baskets and you would fill them with hydroton and then you wouldn't need to worry. I have seen them in the shop in my town. They look awesome because you are able to move plants around that are in a flood and since you are doing drip I assume you have a way you can fit these in with the drippers.

Here is a pic of what I am talking about, hope this is cool. We can't buy from this company without a retailers license.
Hydrofarm - Hydrofarm HG9SQBK 9" Square Basket, bag of 24

With the rockwool if you are doing drip though, they wont need it very frequently. Rockwool holds moisture amazingly well. Hope the thought above gives you some ideas to run with...

GL
Peace :peace:

that really does cubs, i wish i had known about that before i tranplanted them... i beleive im just going to push it out, and Take clones from them.. the clones i have now arent that important... especially if ill be able to clone them..and create a mother..plus id like to get some decent clones to make the mothers... the clones we got have super thin stems..id like to get it heathier before making mothers. but thank you cubs, that does help :peace:

Back
Top Bottom