Need info on using CO2 in grow room

Hey Smokey, I have to agree with you 100% on what you said in your closing about the roots. After 1.5 years of growing in soil & only getting 2.5 - 4.5 oz. per plant I came to the conclusion it's all about growing the roots & not the plant itself so much. I've done everything I can possibly think of to try to increase yield in soil but haven't had a lot of luck. Then it hit me .... this is about growing the roots as big as possible. Because of this I decided to change my whole tent. No more soil in 3 - 5 gal. pots. No more GH Nutes. I ordered a 4 - 5 gallon Auto-Pot system that I'll be using Coco & Perlite in. Switched all my nutes to Advanced Nutrients Coco Formula. Added a 6 gal. Humidifier & will soon be adding Co2 if all my temps & humidity are right once it's all set up & tested for a couple of days. Sure hope this increases yield as it's costing me about $500 - $600 to make these changes. The cost is mainly in the nutes. AN stuff is quite expensive compared to GH products. Sure hope the changes I'm making help.
You have that right on the Advanced Nutrients, I have a spreadsheet in my last grow showing the nutrients at 100% cost verses 25% cost and Pennywise got me to use them at 25 % did it the whole flower cycle . At the 100% nutes all those grows I can taste the nutrients (even did the two week flush thing , no still taste nutrients) the 25% no nutrients taste at all!
I bought the CO2 tank $125 amazon and $10 to fill it! The controller and the regulator from amazon also . Before I came to 420 I used the Co2 the first two weeks of flower only . Got that from grow weed easy and followed it . When I got to 420 I did it in veg and was no slowing them down ! You learned as I have bulk roots and what I see light is the main food !

What size tank did you get & how long did the tank last; in what size room ? Trying to get an idea of what size I'll need.
Thanks !!!
The tank is 20 lbs , I ran it two weeks in veg at 18 hours and used 40 psi . They filled it to 880 psi . The controller I set it to 1475 ppm so I never go over 1500 ppm . Auto off at dark . Fresh air fan comes on 15 minutes every 2 hours , when lights out runs 6 hours on with the exhaust fan .
The tent is a 5’x5’ gorilla in a 12’x16’ building. Kind LED K5 XL750

There is alot of chatter about autopots in this thread... I'm another fan (lazy grower) of them, i used the normal square ones for several grows and have just switched to the Smartpot so will see how much better it is soon.
Now throw in the air dome and you have a very easy to manage hydroponic or soil grow bit of kit, one of the main advantages for me is i have 3 reservoirs and could easily go away for a couple of weeks without having to get a friend pop round to water... highly recommended :)

The tank is 20 lbs , I ran it two weeks in veg at 18 hours and used 40 psi . They filled it to 880 psi . The controller I set it to 1475 ppm so I never go over 1500 ppm . Auto off at dark . Fresh air fan comes on 15 minutes every 2 hours , when lights out runs 6 hours on with the exhaust fan .
The tent is a 5’x5’ gorilla in a 12’x16’ building. Kind LED K5 XL750
How many plants were you able to grow in a 5 x 5 ? I'm wondering if I could yield 16 oz. off 2 plants in a 4 x 4 if I put all my lighting into an area 1/2 the size it is now. If I could do that I'd be more than satisfied.

There is alot of chatter about autopots in this thread... I'm another fan (lazy grower) of them, i used the normal square ones for several grows and have just switched to the Smartpot so will see how much better it is soon.
Now throw in the air dome and you have a very easy to manage hydroponic or soil grow bit of kit, one of the main advantages for me is i have 3 reservoirs and could easily go away for a couple of weeks without having to get a friend pop round to water... highly recommended :)
I ordered 2 - 2 pot systems for now so I'll have 2 - 12.4 gal. Reservoirs. Only $10 more to buy it that way.

How many plants were you able to grow in a 5 x 5 ? I'm wondering if I could yield 16 oz. off 2 plants in a 4 x 4 if I put all my lighting into an area 1/2 the size it is now. If I could do that I'd be more than satisfied.
I’ve got too many right now , I like 3 I have more control with them ! OG is still my biggest grows 17 the first time second 19 oz. don’t know why candy kush ,rainbow kush , white queen and now white Widow are 11-15 oz in the 5x5 tent .

That is absolutely possible with the right amount of veg time and lighting if you can keep the temps under control. I grew that much in a 2x4 one time running a 1k watt double ended hps back in the day before leds were the thing. Running twice as much light as a normal well lit grow room (4x4 was the standard size for a 1k hps) can do some amazing things if you can pull it off. If I remember correctly I didn’t really get a noticeably bigger yield when I moved that light into its permanent 4x4 home than i did in the 2x4.

You might be better off with four plants though jt would take less veg time and possibly be easier to manage. A 2x2 space is just about perfect for most plants without a ton of veg time. You could fill the entire space with a single plant if you really needed to with lots of training and veg time but it’s faster and less work to grow a few plants instead of a single monster.

How big are your pots, Duggan has fantastic success flowering two plants of the same strain in a single big pot and trains them that they look like one monster perfectly trained bushy plant with lots of tops. The way he does it is quite impressive! Maybe that would be a good option to cut down veg time and not need more autopots and still end up with the extra yield.

That is absolutely possible with the right amount of veg time and lighting if you can keep the temps under control. I grew that much in a 2x4 one time running a 1k watt double ended hps back in the day before leds were the thing. Running twice as much light as a normal well lit grow room (4x4 was the standard size for a 1k hps) can do some amazing things if you can pull it off. If I remember correctly I didn’t really get a noticeably bigger yield when I moved that light into its permanent 4x4 home than i did in the 2x4.

You might be better off with four plants though jt would take less veg time and possibly be easier to manage. A 2x2 space is just about perfect for most plants without a ton of veg time. You could fill the entire space with a single plant if you really needed to with lots of training and veg time but it’s faster and less work to grow a few plants instead of a single monster.

How big are your pots, Duggan has fantastic success flowering two plants of the same strain in a single big pot and trains them that they look like one monster perfectly trained bushy plant with lots of tops. The way he does it is quite impressive! Maybe that would be a good option to cut down veg time and not need more autopots and still end up with the extra yield.
My next grow I’m 1000watt hps with three OG Kush seeds in the cloner waiting for the white widows to finish .
The 12’x16’ building is insulated from floor to ceiling , also climate controlled environment. It’s the only way I could keep the temp down to 86 degrees! If the room wasn’t 75 degrees when the Co2 came on it was hard to keep at 86 degrees. When we were having 112 -115 degree days I just give up with it . That 10 ton a/c couldn’t keep it below 97 degrees. Co2 to me turned into a win- lose I don’t know what to do anymore!

My next grow I’m 1000watt hps with three OG Kush seeds in the cloner waiting for the white widows to finish .
The 12’x16’ building is insulated from floor to ceiling , also climate controlled environment. It’s the only way I could keep the temp down to 86 degrees! If the room wasn’t 75 degrees when the Co2 came on it was hard to keep at 86 degrees. When we were having 112 -115 degree days I just give up with it . That 10 ton a/c couldn’t keep it below 97 degrees. Co2 to me turned into a win- lose I don’t know what to do anymore!

Are you running that light with cool tubes exhausting outside if not that would help you a lot!

If your growing in a tent with the cooling in the room not the tent and want to run co2 you have to accept that you need to pay for enough co2 to fill the entire parent room. My room is saturated to in tent co2 level about an hour or so after it turns on but the room is mostly filled with grow space and is completely sealed so I’m not wasting much.

Are you running that light with cool tubes exhausting outside if not that would help you a lot!
6” outside exhaust and taking air from outside the tent is what I’ll be doing . Have been using this Kind k5 750 watt with the Co2.

I’m a little confused exactly what you mean.

For ideal setup with an hps in a tent in a climate controlled room that you want to run co2 in assuming your ac isn’t exchanging the air with outside air you would want to put the hps in a cool tube that pulls air in from outside and exhausts it outside, the real outside for both This is cooling the actual light wich also helps keep the in tent temp increase from the light down without exhausting your co2 out of the room. The tent itself needs to take air in and exhaust to the parent room which is climate controlled for its cooling so you will still need to use enough co2 for the room size the tent is in but it won’t be exhausting and wasting it. If you can’t keep the room sealed or your ac pulls air in from outside co2 is kind of a waste. I get a month out of my setup running a 20 pound tank filled to 4300 psi with 41sqft of grow space and the room itself is 10x11’ and completely sealed to give you an idea of usage amount.

I’m a little confused exactly what you mean.

For ideal setup with an hps in a tent in a climate controlled room that you want to run co2 in assuming your ac isn’t exchanging the air with outside air you would want to put the hps in a cool tube that pulls air in from outside and exhausts it outside, the real outside for both This is cooling the actual light wich also helps keep the in tent temp increase from the light down without exhausting your co2 out of the room. The tent itself needs to take air in and exhaust to the parent room which is climate controlled for its cooling so you will still need to use enough co2 for the room size the tent is in but it won’t be exhausting and wasting it. If you can’t keep the room sealed or your ac pulls air in from outside co2 is kind of a waste. I get a month out of my setup running a 20 pound tank filled to 4300 psi with 41sqft of grow space and the room itself is 10x11’ and completely sealed to give you an idea of usage amount.
Too warm and hot outside , spring just started . I’m pulling 75 degree air from the room outside the tent and putting what got heated from the lamp outside. The tent is sealed quite well and the fresh air fan has a damper that holds real well. Four fans on each post keeping the the co2 in the tent . I’ll be wanting the hps 1000w to shine the light not its heat ! I most likely will not use the Co2 unless I get a wild hair !

Well, I ended up buying new lights too. I bought 2 of the P 900's so hopefully this will be plenty of light. Still waiting for the Auto-Pots to get here & need to buy a couple smaller items but almost ready for a whole new set up. Can't say what temps & humidity will be till I get it all together & test it for a week. Then I'll know if Co2 will be beneficial or not.
The Auto Pots are 6.6 gallon.

I'm currently running a small co2 dispenser in my 4x8 tent, has a variety of settings and if noticed better growth using co2, only down side to using co2 is having to have high temps, I plan to use co2 until the week 2 of flower, reason being soon can get the best out of the stretch as well as pre flowers, after that I lower my temps to help in Richmond production.

I'm currently running a small co2 dispenser in my 4x8 tent, has a variety of settings and if noticed better growth using co2, only down side to using co2 is having to have high temps, I plan to use co2 until the week 2 of flower, reason being soon can get the best out of the stretch as well as pre flowers, after that I lower my temps to help in Richmond production.

80 degrees = temp for co2 ? what are you using Green Pad, TBN, Exhale, bottles ?

I'm currently running at around 28-30c so around 82-86f.

I'm using the Airbomz co2 dispenser, if your in the UK the refills are £6 per 1000ml tin, one tin can last up to 1 week, not a bad price really if I had to get a genuine setup i be looking at £35 for a small bottle on my has account with a £7 charge per month for rental of the bottle then upwards of £150 for a regulator setup then there's piping after that, where this is plug and play, loads of settings on the controller to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom