Need info on using CO2 in grow room

High there, I just bought a 50-lb. Co2 Tank, Regulator & 25' of laser drilled tubing. Found the complete set up on Offer Up for $100 with a Full Tank so couldn't pass it up.
Anyways, I want to use it in my 4' x 8' x 7' tent. My tent will reach into the low 90's if I close it up completely. I usually leave it open some to keep the temps down in the low 80's. For this reason I decided it might be beneficial to use Co2.
The problem is, .... I'm not sure how to use it. Hoping you guys will help me out with that.
1st off, Do I hang my drilled tubing from the Top of the tent or closer to the Top of the Plant Canopy?
What kind of Temps does my tent need to be for Co2 to be beneficial?
What range does the RH need to be in the tent? This I have a lot of trouble with. I run a small 1-Room House Humidifier 24/7 but play hell trying to get the RH over 25%.
How do I know how much Co2 to give them? I don't understand how the PPM thing works because I haven't found any info on it.
Somebody please post a thread "Understanding PPM & how to adjust it".
I still need to buy a Co2 Controller with timer.
Do you run the Co2 24/7 ? Just when lights on ?
Do you use Co2 during the entire grow or just during Flower?
Anyways, I need any & all info I can get on this. My current grow will be done in about 7-10 days so I'm looking to get this hooked up & working for my next grow.
I just started 6 clones for a side by side test. Going to use GH Products on 2 clones, AN Products (Voo Doo Juice, Big Bud & Overdrive) on 2 Clones & on the last 2 I'll just use the 3 Base GH Nutes until the last couple weeks of Flower & then I'll use Molasses Water.
Just want to see what the difference is if any at all. Figured it best to do it with clones so all plants will be equal from the start.
Looking forward to your replies & learning how to use Co2.
Thanks All !!!
I never was able to get big yields until I brought my temps down low 90s is up there , learned through the years cannabis in the flower stage like 75 to 80 degrees, co2 without proper lighting and air flow it wont help much that's my experience, but when u find the right combination its golden.

High there, I just bought a 50-lb. Co2 Tank, Regulator & 25' of laser drilled tubing. Found the complete set up on Offer Up for $100 with a Full Tank so couldn't pass it up.
Anyways, I want to use it in my 4' x 8' x 7' tent. My tent will reach into the low 90's if I close it up completely. I usually leave it open some to keep the temps down in the low 80's. For this reason I decided it might be beneficial to use Co2.
The problem is, .... I'm not sure how to use it. Hoping you guys will help me out with that.
1st off, Do I hang my drilled tubing from the Top of the tent or closer to the Top of the Plant Canopy?
What range does the RH need to be in the tent? This I have a lot of trouble with. I run a small 1-Room House Humidifier 24/7 but play hell trying to get the RH over 25%.
How do I know how much Co2 to give them? I don't understand how the PPM thing works because I haven't found any info on it.
Anyways, I need any & all info I can get on this. My current grow will be done in about 7-10 days so I'm looking to get this hooked up & working for my next grow.
I just started 6 clones for a side by side test. Going to use GH Products on 2 clones, AN Products (Voo Doo Juice, Big Bud & Overdrive) on 2 Clones & on the last 2 I'll just use the 3 Base GH Nutes until the last couple weeks of Flower & then I'll use Molasses Water.
Just want to see what the difference is if any at all. Figured it best to do it with clones so all plants will be equal from the start.
Thanks All !!!
I never was able to get big yields until I T my temps down low 90s is up there , learned through the years cannabis in the flower stage like 75 to 80 degrees, co2 without proper lighting and air flow it wont help much that's my experience.

Hiya buddy I'd like to give you some friendly advice and please don't take it the wrong way.
But co2 isn't going to improve your yields. It's a tool that's there for growers that already have everything dialed in to push things that bit further. If you're struggling to get good yields then theres many more important things to worry about first before thinking about running a closed circuit for the sake of co2. Closed circuit adds in lots more complications that I can't even comprehend right now.
If yield is what your after then would you consider hydro growing? That's the easiest way to improve. Need to be a bit more Jedi to get yields in soil. It's a bit out of my skill range too. I do though have a £30 NFT hydro reservoir that turns autos into 1lb monsters with ease. Don't even need an air pump for it.
My record in 3-5gal pots is 4oz. Same strain in the reservoir got me 22oz in the same time and I'd been growing for a year less than you when I got that one.
Let the Res do the hardwork and feeding so all you gotta do is tie the plant down n trim it.
Hi.. in what space did you achieve 1 lb plant on nft?? And did you do 1 plant on reservoir? That's a crazy achievement.. I'm fan of nft to and want to know how you do that :)

But co2 isn't going to improve your yields. It's a tool that's there for growers that already have everything dialed in to push things that bit further.
I was gonna say something similar.

CO2 is the LAST thing ya do.
When EVERYTHING else it tuned in, and you want to get another 10% or less bump ... it's worth it.

OP: You got all the equipment. You're asking the right questions. But, I believe that you would be better served by dialing everything else in, and then going with CO2.

I'm uber late to this conversation but over 90f is too hot, if thats the ambient temp in the tent overall, thats also the root temp, meaning that if the pots are watered the oxygen in the water is barely there and dispersed quickly. Also potentially too hot for ideal and fast growth... canopy, maybe.. root area.. nope.

Ppm is not an area,mit is a relative measurement.
E.g 1500 ppm ( part per million ) in an environment is 1500 ppm in the given environment
If you had a 1ft/3 area separated by a wall and 1 side had 1500 ppm and the other 0 ppm, pulling the divider would yeild 750 ppm since the total volume has doubled while the amount of gas has remained constant.

1500 ppm is 1500 ppm in a room weather you measure 8 the room or in a not air tight tent in the room, at 1500 ppm you better make sure your plants are breathing enough of this and supplYing enough oxygen after , in a basement younmay also experienc furnace and hot water tank issues if the co2 ppm is too high ( im seriously not joking here, a grow room IN a mechanical room was a call I responded too once.. using co2 commercial tank.. the call was a 3 am no heat cal, )

If you want simple, pretty much free co2 that will not kill you ( also could kill roots since its heavy and they breathe air ) then
1x 4liter milk jug
1x 2liter bottle
3 cups sugar into 4 liter jug
1 tablespoon yeast
2 liters hot water
Shake it..

Drill 1 hole into the cap of this jug
Dril, 2holes into the cap of the 2 liter bottle

Run a tube from the cap of the 4 liter into the bottom of the 2 liter. hot glue them in place ( you want air tight )
Run a tube from the top of the 2 liter bottle to the back grill of a fan ( again hot glue tubing through cap )
Fill 2 liter bottle with plain water

Shake 4 liter jug.. co2 wil, be produced in a few hours, you will see the water 8 the 2nd bottle (/the 2 liter ) bubble as it works..shake this up once a day, replace it after a week

1100 ppm co2 in my tent ( 4x4 ) with 2 of these . Total cost is about $4 a week at most.. sugar is cheap. So is yeast.

See attached photo
20201026_144435.jpg
20201025_215808.jpg

Plus if the world ends you can drink the jail brew in the 4liter :) :) ( I don't recommend this :) )

If you do use a tank style co2 tank i HIGHLY recommend you get a decent oxygen meter with an alarm. When i did that no heat call my saturation meter started screaming when I was going down the stairs, meaning that if I were to lay on the floor In the basement, I likely would not have gotten up ever. It displaces air, which in large volumes is the same as drowning.. you also get giddy from lack of oxygen, pretty dangerous.. the bottle method is near impossible to overngas from.. ifmits any considerable concentration you will smell the fermentation first ;)

Worth noting that proper use of co2 in proper conditions can and has increased yeilds by near 50% in some cases, usually by people who have everythingnd8aled i though

I'm uber late to this conversation but over 90f is too hot, if thats the ambient temp in the tent overall, thats also the root temp, meaning that if the pots are watered the oxygen in the water is barely there and dispersed quickly. Also potentially too hot for ideal and fast growth... canopy, maybe.. root area.. nope.

E.g 1500 ppm ( part per million ) in an environment is 1500 ppm in the given environment
If you had a 1ft/3 area separated by a wall and 1 side had 1500 ppm and the other 0 ppm, pulling the divider would yeild 750 ppm since the total volume has doubled while the amount of gas has remained constant.

1500 ppm is 1500 ppm in a room weather you measure 8 the room or in a not air tight tent in the room, at 1500 ppm you better make sure your plants are breathing enough of this and supplYing enough oxygen after , in a basement younmay also experienc furnace and hot water tank issues if the co2 ppm is too high ( im seriously not joking here, a grow room IN a mechanical room was a call I responded too once.. using co2 commercial tank.. the call was a 3 am no heat cal, )

If you want simple, pretty much free co2 that will not kill you ( also could kill roots since its heavy and they breathe air ) then
1x 4liter milk jug
1x 2liter bottle
1 tablespoon yeast
2 liters hot water
Shake it..

Run a tube from the cap of the 4 liter into the bottom of the 2 liter. hot glue them in place ( you want air tight )
Run a tube from the top of the 2 liter bottle to the back grill of a fan ( again hot glue tubing through cap )

Shake 4 liter jug.. co2 wil, be produced in a few hours, you will see the water 8 the 2nd bottle (/the 2 liter ) bubble as it works..shake this up once a day, replace it after a week

1100 ppm co2 in my tent ( 4x4 ) with 2 of these . Total cost is about $4 a week at most.. sugar is cheap. So is yeast.

See attached photo
20201026_144435.jpg
20201025_215808.jpg

Plus if the world ends you can drink the jail brew in the 4liter :) :) ( I don't recommend this :) )

If you do use a tank style co2 tank i HIGHLY recommend you get a decent oxygen meter with an alarm. When i did that no heat call my saturation meter started screaming when I was going down the stairs, meaning that if I were to lay on the floor In the basement, I likely would not have gotten up ever. It displaces air, which in large volumes is the same as drowning.. you also get giddy from lack of oxygen, pretty dangerous.. the bottle method is near impossible to overngas from.. ifmits any considerable concentration you will smell the fermentation first ;)

Worth noting that proper use of co2 in proper conditions can and has increased yeilds by near 50% in some cases, usually by people who have everythingnd8aled i though
I’ve ran the Co2 tank with the meter in a 12’x16’ portable building. I still had to service the girls like you said a little giddy when you come out of the building. My copd doesn’t help either . My 750 watt led I believe wasn’t enough but the 1000 watt hps had the closest nodes and stacking with Co2. Enjoyed the write up :peace:

hope it works well for you --- some years ago I made my own "generator" and even used Green Pads, ExHale bags, TNB, ect. for me it was a waste of money --Hope it works out better than you 1500ppm for a 2by2 area is good TNB products has video's maybe for small areas never really seen any difference - you know every grower grows different

What a crappy useless answer he is trying to get temps right he's asking general help with CO2 not ur input on whether he can get his temps right ur post is useless and shouldn't be on here
if you don't have air tight room and temps co2 is hard to implement - that's why I done use co2 -- some body on aute wil help you - remember you need 1500ppm's

CO2 is only effective in sealed environments, meaning no exhaust. CO2 falls on plants and they absorb as fuel during lights on.

In a nutshell, what I’m saying is there’s no point adding CO2 to your room because your exhaust fans are going to pull it out almost immediately, long before your plants can ever use or benefit from it.
Thanks All !!!

In my opinion and experience, extra CO2 is benificial to the plants in any grow.

The question is affordability. If you can generate enough co2 to keep levels above 1200 ppm during lights on, it’s going to help the plants, and ultimately increase the yield.

That said, if it costs you $250 over a 9 week grow to produce one extra ounce, was it a good investment?

It’s not necessary to have a sealed room. That’s bull. It’s more effective in that you’ll use less co2, but it’s not necessary.

I use co2 in a tent grow, and tents are far from sealed. You just use more co2 as you have to replace it every time you exhaust heat.

I do that by running a 6 inch exhaust out of the tent, and a 6 inch intake bringing in cold air from my basement. The set up exhausts the heat rapidly, and my co2 use is affordable.

A 20 pound tank lasts 2 weeks and a refill is $11. That’s $55 for a ten week grow.

The other handy thing to realize is that co2 is most effective in veg and early flower. The yield increase doesn’t come in the form of bigger buds. It comes in the form of bushier plants with more bud sites.

In fact, in late flower co2 doesn’t help at all.

And ... NOW I"m gonna throw a new twist at ya'll.

As you may know I manage a 24 light legal grow in N. Cali. These are two, twelve light rooms each. We turn a room every month.
One of our scientist geek types was trying to convince me that 1500 ppm is not necessary. That the plant doesn't use it all and that a concentration of 850 would make no difference to the plant.
So, we tested it.

Ran one room as usual.
Ran the other one at 850 ppm.
Nothing else was different, feed, genetics ... same.

Know what the difference in weight was?
None.
Negligible.

We now run the rooms at 800 - 850, save 40% on gas.

As you may know I manage a 24 light legal grow in N. Cali. These are two, twelve light rooms each. We turn a room every month.
One of our scientist geek types was trying to convince me that 1500 ppm is not necessary. That the plant doesn't use it all and that a concentration of 850 would make no difference to the plant.
So, we tested it.

Ran one room as usual.

None.
Negligible.

interesting !! never considered that - alway thought that 1500 ppm was the"magic: number. one can get simmular results using the PVD ? method (forget the name of - The Swamp Boy's swear by this method it's Pressure something smoething. will get the correct name of

interesting !! never considered that - alway thought that 1500 ppm was the"magic: number. one can get simmular results using the PVD ? method (forget the name of - The Swamp Boy's swear by this method it's Pressure something smoething. will get the correct name of
Yea, me too.
But, hey, we buy these kids books and send them to school, every once in a while it actually pays off. I just ate paste and tried to kiss the little girl with pigtails. (Not in that order though.) In my defense, she was cute, and I think she liked me.
This guy is smart. Way over qualified for our operation; he just needs some hands-on experience. He will be in great demand soon. I'm trying to utilize him well as long as I have him.

I wonder sometimes how many things are like that - we just accept what we've "always known", and "everybody knows that." He doesn't. He is curious ... I encourage his questions, and many of them with him begins with "why".
I admire people who can say "who says so?" and "where is that written?"

So, we tested it.

Ran one room as usual.

None.
Negligible.

Thanks for sharing your research I have 880 psi left . Do you run co2 just in veg ?

Thanks for sharing your research I have 880 psi left . Do you run co2 just in veg ?
No, we run it throughout, sometimes it gets turned off during a turn but, usually it just runs.
It is on a timer that turns on an hour before lights on; and off an hour before lights off.
They don't need it when they sleep.

No, we run it throughout, sometimes it gets turned off during a turn but, usually it just runs.
It is on a timer that turns on an hour before lights on; and off an hour before lights off.
They don't need it when they sleep.
I always quit once I hit flower , I’ll run it through the whole grow . I have the controller that comes on with the light sensor and goes off at dark . I need to see if I can cut the sensor off have plenty timers to adjust. Like hearing I can cut the ppm in half I always ran 1475 as not to go over .

I always quit once I hit flower , I’ll run it through the whole grow . I have the controller that comes on with the light sensor and goes off at dark . I need to see if I can cut the sensor off have plenty timers to adjust. Like hearing I can cut the ppm in half I always ran 1475 as not to go over .
i haven't heard anything about their co2 need going down during flower.
You have a newer controller than the ones I use. I'm sure they fine the way they're set.

Let us know how you do at 800ppm.

Most
i haven't heard anything about their co2 need going down during flower.
You have a newer controller than the ones I use. I'm sure they fine the way they're set.

Let us know how you do at 800ppm.
Most definitely will let you know . Good thing is I don’t have to pay for co2 we all grow and smoke together. I’m still growing out mother plants but it looks like purple punch and alcapulco gold will the first up to make clones . I’ll continuously make post throughout the grow and thanks again .

1x 4liter milk jug
1x 2liter bottle
1 tablespoon yeast
2 liters hot water
Shake it..

See attached photo
20201026_144435.jpg
20201025_215808.jpg

never though tof hooking my fan like you ---use ties - how simple !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started a sponsor grow and as communicated with @Auggie on running CO2 at 800 ppm from the start , has been running since 08/26/21 .

I started a sponsor grow and as communicated with @Auggie on running CO2 at 800 ppm from the start , has been running since 08/26/21 .
thought that 1500 ppm was necessary ? 800 ppm is great !!

Back
Top Bottom