Need me some nutrients

At that price, I'd be asking it to do a lot, lol.

I have never used it. Because, frankly I can't afford $80 dollars for 3 lbs of rock phosphate, potash, and kelp.

The roots organics uprising dry nute line has those and about 10-12 other essential nutrients in it. And only cost $20 or less for a 3 lb bag.

It seems to have a high potassium content. That's not really good. Because too much of one Macro nutrient, and not enough of the other Macro nutes can possibly cause lockout issue with nutrient uptake.
What element is better in bloom: P or K?

What element is better in bloom: P or K?
Both and all Macro and Micro nutrients In the right ratios. The Roots Organics Uprising bloom dry nute I use is a 3-6-4 npk, the foundation Uprising is a 2-1-1 and is basically a Cal/Mag blend.

Both and all Macro and Micro nutrients In the right ratios. The Roots Organics Uprising bloom dry nute I use is a 3-6-4 npk, the foundation Uprising is a 2-1-1 and is basically a Cal/Mag blend.
Not saying you're wrong. HOWEVER. Why does the fertilizer you listed have a higher P ratio than K? (3 6 4)

Furthermore, there's this nutrient I'm interested in using. Gaia Green Power Bloom, it's NPK is 2 8 4, similar to the one you mentioned, albeit a bit different (barely).

Both are 'bloom' type fertilizers, why is the Phosphorus element contained in both higher than that of their potassium counterpart? If I didn't know any better, just looking at the NPK ratios of both bloom fertilizers I'd reckon P was more important in bloom. Am I wrong in my observations?

Not saying you're wrong. HOWEVER. Why does the fertilizer you listed have a higher P ratio than K? (3 6 4)

Furthermore, there's this nutrient I'm interested in using. Gaia Green Power Bloom, it's NPK is 2 8 4, similar to the one you mentioned, albeit a bit different (barely).

Both are 'bloom' type fertilizers, why is the Phosphorus element contained in both higher than that of their potassium counterpart? If I didn't know any better, just looking at the NPK ratios of both bloom fertilizers I'd reckon P was more important in bloom. Am I wrong in my observations?
That's a Great question that you ask. The reason is cannabis wants/needs a little bit more phosphorus than potassium during flowering. Also it still needs some nitrogen also. But at much lower levels during flowering as compared to when it's growing in its Vegative Stage.

Also cannabis needs the micro nutes in the right ratios also. Along with an even keel Macro nute regimen. Trace elements like copper, boron, silica, manganese, zinc, iron and whatever else I forgot, lol :bong:

Let me add that I have seen many growers use the Gaia Green dry nutes and there buds were some of the best I've ever seen!! No kidding! But Gaia Green is not available in the U.S. so Roots Organics Uprising line is the next best bet for me..:ganjamon:

Phosphorus is essential in root growth. Of course neutrino uptake increases with the mass of roots. Potassium is for bloom, aka "Da Bud". I run an organic feet high in phosphorus the first two to three weeks of bloom. From there out I switch to a higher potassium and usually a booster by the end of the bloom cycle.

Keep feeding nitrogen all the way through the flower cycle. You should be feeding appropriately 1/4-1/8 the amount you feed in vegetative state. You still be feeding varing amounts of N-P-K throughout the all stages. You do not want to devolope a defiency and stress the plant in its final stages. You want every ounce of energy to feed buds, not correct a mistake caused by lack of feeding. Figuring out the amount of additives for your organic soil mix? No biggie there, a little research and you will have your ratios. You probably will not even have to leave this website. That kind of money is steep for an organic soil enhancement. You have so many options probably just sitting around that you never even considered. If you get a chance look into Korean Natural Farming (KNF). Just don't go all the way down the rabbit hole like I did...lol!

"neutrino uptake" - Oh God no. Please, just no.

LMAO. Neutrinos are like ghosts - a plant isn't taking any up through its roots. It has been postulated that, if you had a piece of lead that was a light year in length, and you sent a neutrino in one end... that it might get deflected instead of eventually exiting the other end of that huge and dense chunk of lead without ever hitting any of it.

Something like 100 trillion neutrinos pass right through each of us every second.

Who was it that posted a general element (amount) recommendation for cannabis? Doggone it, it's a good thing that I put my pants on because it's a habit, at this point, or I'd surely get arrested soon after leaving my house.

@FelipeBlu ? @MrSauga ? Someone else?

Both are 'bloom' type fertilizers, why is the Phosphorus element contained in both higher than that of their potassium counterpart? If I didn't know any better, just looking at the NPK ratios of both bloom fertilizers I'd reckon P was more important in bloom.
The Phosphorus (P) is very important during the development of the flowers in all plants. That is one reason we see the Cannabis "finishers" from most recognized fertilizer companies having a high P number from about the start of the bloom or flowering stage until the last few weeks. Up until then the P amounts will be lower but everything changes when the flowers start.

The Potassium (K) is needed throughout the life of the plant. We need to kick up the amount during the flowering stage because that nutrient is important for the overall health and vigor of the plant and that includes all those flowers which are now the major part of the plant's life cycle.

Going back to the 'finishers', and following the recommendations from these fertilizer companies, the P drops off for the last couple of weeks because the plant is pretty much done with producing new flowers. But it is still building all those flowers it has already grown and the K comes in to keep those, and the remaining leaves and roots, as healthy as possible.

Yeah typo. I don't think it was that hard to figure out. Sorry if you think it was funny. It wasn't meant to be.
It wasn't that I thought it was funny, or making fun of you. I just simply pointed out to the other members who were flippin ya crap about a simple Typo.

You're advice was Spot On in my book! :thumb: :snowboating:

Yeah typo. I don't think it was that hard to figure out. Sorry if you think it was funny. It wasn't meant to be.

I figured it was an "oops," but also thought it was funny - mainly Delps8's reaction to seeing it (that's when I cracked up).

I assumed you were trying to enter text on one of those &*%$ing "smart" cell phones, and it's automangle feature reared its ugly head. Mine is a Samsung, so I have to redo anywhere from every fifth to every third word, on average. What's really annoying is watching the blue "trail" that shows exactly where my finger has been, meaning I can see that I hit the right sequence of letters, and it'll still produce the wrong word. Occasionally... I'm pretty well-read, and some of them, I've never seen before; I'm not even sure they're all in English :rolleyes: . And I know that I don't catch all of mine, because it's kind of hard to read text on the little display with 20:120 vision.

So... yeah, I chuckled. And was sympathetic.

Back
Top Bottom