Need opinions for my mother <pic>

Hackk

Ok, so here is my situation... The plant on the front right (OG kush) is going to be taken out of this grow space in two days (the 15th) to become a mother, the other 3 plants are starting their new schedule. My problem is however, that in two weeks I will be setting up a clone/veg room with a T-5 eight bulb rack, and a T-5 six bulb rack. Starting the 1st of september, I will have the flower room prep'd and ready for the vegging clones. I plan on starting with a 16 clone cycle each month, possibly expanding once I dial in the rooms.

Now to my main question: I have to put mommy under cfls until I have the T-5's setup in two weeks. In your opinions, how many bulbs can I go for? Dont say "more is better", because Im trying to essentially slow growth of the mother so she can fit in the new space in two weeks, and still provide me with enough healthy clones to fit my system. *** I forgot to mention, I will also be taking a few cuttings from "the cheese" on the front left, so I can play around with her, and possibly change my strains in the future if I like it*** So I will also be having a few cheese clones to keep mommy company, and hopefully root well.

I think I explained my question well enough, if you guys dont understand, please ask me to clarify. Thanks ahead of time for your opinions.

rsz_dscn1020.jpg

Well, I went out and got two 150w soft whites for now. The idea of dropping almost $70 for a little over a week worth of light sounds a bit crazy to me. I will probably just push up the date that I will be getting the T-5's running

Well, I went out and got two 150w soft whites for now. The idea of dropping almost $70 for a little over a week worth of light sounds a bit crazy to me. I will probably just push up the date that I will be getting the T-5's running

That should work ok. Very little food and light watering until the better lights are ready then up the nutes and she'll perk up and get going again. Cooler temps will help slow growth as well. Just leave the lights on at least 18 hrs/day. 24 would likely be better as the lower light levels could trigger some flowering behaviour in a mature plant. At least for the first week or so to accustom her to a slower pace.

Nice looking girls. Good luck.

I decided to go for a few more lights. Running 6 cfls at 100w rating each. 4 blue 2 red. It should work I hope. Ill take a pic right now

Mirrors... They Do Not Reflect Good at All, & Cause Hot Spots Also.
Try Getting Some Mylar It's Good Shit
Besides That Shes Looking Alright

I'd drape some tin-foil or mylar over the bulbs to direct more light downwards. Or move some of the lights lower to fill in the middle of the plant but if it's only a little while longer it shouldn't be an issue.

soda can reflectors already done, Lst'd them to fill into the empty space complete. Thanks though

Tomorrow she goes under the newly constructed veg space. 4' 8bulb T-5 and keeping her company will be the 2x4 tray for perpetual clones and veggies.

Back
Top Bottom