Need Opinions/Suggestions On This Soil And Nutes! Plus Other Questions!

OGxToka

Hello Cannabis Smokers And Growers!.So I Have A Couple Ideas For Myself And Need Your Opinions And Any Tips+Help.I Currently Have 2 Sativa Female Plants In Flowering Stage,1 Plant In Miracle Grow And The Other In PRO-MIX.I Know Miracle Grow Is Bad Because Time Released Nutes But I Was Rushing And That Was All I Had So I Used It And Regret It,But Not Too Worried Because I Have Another 500 Seeds To Use.Anyways The Plant In PRO-MIX Isn't Doing Bad At All,So Im Wanting To Buy Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil And The Fox Farms Tiger Bloom,Grow Big And Big Bloom Nutrients.But Below I Have A Few Questions For Tips+Help.

Questions:
1.If I Use Fox Farm Soil And Nutrients,Should I Add Any Other Nutes Also?

2.When I Use Fox Farm Soil,Should I Add Perlite And Vermiculite?How Much?

3.I Wanna Experiment With Soils,So Can I Mix Fox Farm OF With PRO-MIX Without Any Problems?

4.Also What Is Good And Bad Temperature For Soil Indoors And Outdoors?

5.For Watering,I Only Have Tap Water,Distilled Water And Is That Water Okay If I Keep PH At 6.0-6.4?Also Anything Else I Can Add To The Water For Good Results From My Plant?

6.What Is Reversed Osmosis Water??Where Can I Get It?!

I Know I Have Alot Of Questions And My Apologies,But I Want To Know Everything 100% Correct.Im Wanting To Do Indoors And Outdoors But Only Indoors During Summer Because I Can Control Temp And Humidity Indoors, And Do Outdoors When Cooler Etc.

Anyways, Thank You 420Magazine!!! This Is The Best Place To Get Help And Most Resourceful Site For Cannabis Growing Tips And Help!

Hey OG - good questions. Sounds like you're just getting started! I'll try to knock these off in order:

1. Those three nutes are all that you need to grow. There are lots of additional ones you COULD use, but probably won't help much until you get a few runs down. Also note that the Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil already has enough nutes in it to last 4-5 weeks. You don't want to plant seeds directly in it though. You should probably start them in your ProMix or something lighter and transplant to the FFOF after a few weeks.

2. Yes, I would add perlite, as it can be a little thick. I wouldn't use vermiculite as it seems to retain more moisture, at least for me. I'd do about 1:3 ratio of perlite to soil. You may also consider adding some lime to the soil, as many people have issues with the FFOF having too low of a pH. If you do, just follow directions on the bag.

3. Yep, there is no problem mixing soils! ProMix is mostly just peat-moss and some perlite, so it is mostly inert. Mix them in whatever ratios you want!

4. I would say it is good to be anywhere from 65-85°F indoors, if you can. It can vary more in vegetative growth, but once you get to flowering, temperatures outside of that range can create more undesirable results. Lower temperatures will stunt growth, and higher temperatures cause issues and fluffy buds. Try to stay around the temperature you find comfortable - the low 70s..

5. Tap water should be just fine for them, depending on how 'hard' it is. I only use tap water, and it has trace minerals like calcium and magnesium that the plants can use. Your pH range sounds pretty good too. You shouldn't need to add anything to the water either, unless you feed - that's what you'd add the nutrients to. If you do use tap, make sure you let it sit overnight in an open container to let the chlorine evaporate or use aquarium/pond drops to eliminate it.

6. RO water is just water that is really well filtered. The filters pretty much ONLY let pure water through. If you're in soiless medium, you probably don't need this - it's more of a hydro thing. If you do use RO water, you have no trace minerals, so you would have to add some cal/mag supplement.

Hopefully that helped and I hit everything! Sounds like you're about to have some fun!

Hey OG - good questions. Sounds like you're just getting started! I'll try to knock these off in order:

1. Those three nutes are all that you need to grow. There are lots of additional ones you COULD use, but probably won't help much until you get a few runs down. Also note that the Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil already has enough nutes in it to last 4-5 weeks. You don't want to plant seeds directly in it though. You should probably start them in your ProMix or something lighter and transplant to the FFOF after a few weeks.

2. Yes, I would add perlite, as it can be a little thick. I wouldn't use vermiculite as it seems to retain more moisture, at least for me. I'd do about 1:3 ratio of perlite to soil. You may also consider adding some lime to the soil, as many people have issues with the FFOF having too low of a pH. If you do, just follow directions on the bag.

3. Yep, there is no problem mixing soils! ProMix is mostly just peat-moss and some perlite, so it is mostly inert. Mix them in whatever ratios you want!

4. I would say it is good to be anywhere from 65-85°F indoors, if you can. It can vary more in vegetative growth, but once you get to flowering, temperatures outside of that range can create more undesirable results. Lower temperatures will stunt growth, and higher temperatures cause issues and fluffy buds. Try to stay around the temperature you find comfortable - the low 70s..

5. Tap water should be just fine for them, depending on how 'hard' it is. I only use tap water, and it has trace minerals like calcium and magnesium that the plants can use. Your pH range sounds pretty good too. You shouldn't need to add anything to the water either, unless you feed - that's what you'd add the nutrients to. If you do use tap, make sure you let it sit overnight in an open container to let the chlorine evaporate or use aquarium/pond drops to eliminate it.

6. RO water is just water that is really well filtered. The filters pretty much ONLY let pure water through. If you're in soiless medium, you probably don't need this - it's more of a hydro thing. If you do use RO water, you have no trace minerals, so you would have to add some cal/mag supplement.

Hopefully that helped and I hit everything! Sounds like you're about to have some fun!

Dude!!! You Answered Spot On!!!!!! You Just Made My Life Easier! LOL Thank You For Your Fast Response And Detailed Answers!I Really Appreciate It!

Back
Top Bottom