Need quick opinion on possible zinc deficiency

Its about a week old, the leaves look real fluffy and there rounder then what ive ever saw. It will be helpful to try to identify this strain also. I have a journal that is active now with 5 unknown strains. The new growth is starting bend curl down at its sides. Its starting to seem real bunched up to me. The medium im using is croutons, its organic with coco fibers. Im growing it in a hydro system, solution used is "Age Old kelp, Super Thrive, FloraNova Grow." PH of solution is 5.5. Lights are 100w CFLs.

I just want to catch this problem before it goes any further. Also notice the blue around the leaves. I had a over load hydro system yesterday, the jet sprayers were spraying the solution threw the lid and on to the leaves. I wiped them off softly with tissue.

IMG_0074_1_.JPG

I don't think it's the zinc.. Zinc(Zn)- Zinc is another lesser nutrient, and plays a similar role in enzyme reactions to Magnesium and Manganese. Like Mg, Zinc can be locked out at high levels of pH, so make sure your fertilizing water is between a pH of 6 and 7. Foliar feeding completely bypasses the roots, though, allowing you to avoid dealing with pH concerns.
Google Image Result for https://www.420genetics.com/faq/IronD-1.jpg

I don't think it's the zinc.. Zinc(Zn)- Zinc is another lesser nutrient, and plays a similar role in enzyme reactions to Magnesium and Manganese. Like Mg, Zinc can be locked out at high levels of pH, so make sure your fertilizing water is between a pH of 6 and 7. Foliar feeding completely bypasses the roots, though, allowing you to avoid dealing with pH concerns.
Google Image Result for https://www.420genetics.com/faq/IronD-1.jpg

I just figured zinc because of the tight bunching of the new growth. And the blue color on the leaves, solution had sprayed on them so I dont know if thats behind the blue color ya know. Im about to check out that link tho. Thanks I just read a forum on that I plan on printing out and putting up around my grow room. Just a little still curious to the blueish color. and the small fluffy round leaves. Wonder if its the strain

Back
Top Bottom