Need roots/help

jster68

im not new but still a novice[about a year] can some one pony up some help for us ying yangs who have insuffiecient roots
i know big roots big veggies i learned how to keep them healthy when i should have been learning how to grow roots
help me grow roots i can handle the rest
im a dirt farmer:peace:

Re: need roots/hellllp

Well Bro I'm new to indoor gardening myself, but I found a cheap product that worked great developing roots on new plants. I used Jiffy seed starter mix, because its all I could find at the time. I had a few babies in some 2" pots, I had started the seeds to soon (didn't have my light up) so they stretched a little after they germinated, I buried the plants deep to to cover the extra stem. I knocked off 2 of the plants by mistake on day while moving them, they fell about a foot, and hit the floor, I just knew the stem had snapped, nope, not even close, these plants had rooted themselves to the bottom of that pot in less than 2 weeks, the main root at the bottom was almost as thick as my pinkie!! the fall didn't hurt the plants at all, I'm sold on this stuff! PS a fan blowing on the plants also made them stronger and help with the root growth by the plant protecting itself.

Also there are some pots out there called smart pots, they also have other brands that are about the same from what I read. I followed a thread on them and plants seem to love them, one person had problems with them, but it turned out to be the way it was being used. When using inside you have to set them on a grading of some kind, like a grill or a bread tray (large plastic) what happens if these are sat on a solid surface is air can't get to the roots on the bottom and they start growing out of the fabric, and the pot doesn't work as designed. With the bottom lifter or open, the roots are air pruned and this is a good this, this pot allows maximum air to the roots, I'm waiting for some to come in now, do a search and check em out

Begin with a good medium, i use organic soil n water and fert regularly. Is your question for pre-planted or already planted?

Well I finally found a camera! LOL so I'll try to get it over to my boys house and have him take pics of the roots from a plant that has just been in Jiffy and one that was in FF Ocean Forest and Light Warrior mixed..I', interested to see the results myself. :peace:

Well I finally found a camera! LOL so I'll try to get it over to my boys house and have him take pics of the roots from a plant that has just been in Jiffy and one that was in FF Ocean Forest and Light Warrior mixed..I', interested to see the results myself. :peace:

Hahaha me too! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom