Need some advice about grow setup & lighting

Ok, sorry for triple post, but need help urgently!!
After a long reading about vents and ducting...
I can get ruck rk 100l fan, which is 4” (i am thinking of going 4” ducting and 4” carbon filter in my tiny grow area) and which does 270m3/h, use reducers to connect ducting to cooltube and to fan. Will this truly be enough??
I will put another fan for cold intake, but not that powerrful. Advice on this please as need to accept or not to accept the deal. The fan i am getting for 20 quid though
288CDE48-8729-4887-958B-E866521BA927.png

Why 4 inch not 6? As this could save me some space..

And about tent, why I still consider buying 80 x 120 x 180. Because it has air vent on the side not in the middle on the top, that would suit my cooltube perfectly! Please any advise... i can still stick to 120 x 120 but if that worth it?

You need a bigger extraction fan, like 150mm and +350 m3/h.

Tent is whatever suits you, just keep in mind that 120x120 is quite a bit bigger than 100x100cm (1,44m2 vs. 1m2)
120x80cm tent is the smallest of the 3, but with that layout you can fit 6 plants of +medium size where only 4 of such plants would fit in 100x1000cm.
Make sure you buy from a trusted seller and check some reviews, some of those cheap tents light up like a lantern

I am thinking of sugar black rose 3 and green ninja 3 from heavyweight + they gives 2 diesel drift freebies, but probably i will go with 3 sugar roses and 2 green ninjas and those 2 freebies, it is 7, but if shit happens i will have 6. 80 x 120 x 180 is same m2 but it is a bit lower, also i have found 1m3 tent which has venting on the side, i have that ruck fan 4 inches, it does 270m3/h so i think that should be enough??? I will put another fan for fresh air intake (smaller one). In the worst case scenario i will use 400w but i believe that i wont need to do that :)
About vents, I am thinking of going as straight as possible, that fan is a bit loudy so i am buying acoustic ducting 4inch and go with 4 inch ducting and reducers. Ohh and NOW is the question, plastic reducers from cooltube no good? They r cheaper, but r they any good to go off from cooltube?
Carbon filter 4 inches 100x300. Rhino or ram or fox which is better??
Venting: carbon filter - ducting - reducer - lamp tube - reducer - ducting - fan - ducting - out
And on the bottom fresh air in !
+ one or two fans inside the tent
It will fit 6 plants in 1 x 1 tent, i have found one with vent holes on the sides with D type doors abd 2m height, but still cannot decide 80 x 120 x 180 oor that 1 x 1 x 2 . That 80 x 120 more suits to my place, buuut 1 x 1 is good too. Those plants should be pretty short, soo. What do you guys advice? Btw any opinions on strains? :))

Probably will go with smaller tent... No reviews on 80 x 120 x 180 models, but they state that is mylar 600D and metal poles. And they call those tents BUD DARK.

Bought seeds:
1 x Delicious Black Russian
2 x Delicious Sugar Black Rose
1 x BOMB THC Bomb
1 x Heavyweight Green Ninja
2 x Heavyweight Diesel Drift (freebies)

Tried to get some from Barney's but after long googl'ng I found that they offer poor genetics female seeds, so decided to spend a bit more on the seeds, but at least to be sure that my plant's won't fail... Seeds costed me 45£ with delivery costs.

really wanted some variety in my garden. :))

checked seedbank reviews, really love how my Delicious Candy Cheese autos are doing, so got some strains from Delicious, also good reviews on heavyweight seedbank and BOMB, as recommended. :)

So I have some indicas, some sativa dominants. Most of them are short flowering time which is pretty cool in my case. :) Soon I will open a new topic - my grow diary.

Anyone can help with the vents? :D Thanks...

I'd go with the 80x120cm over 1x1m any day, almost same m2 and the layout of 80x120cm is better suited for most growing styles.

Sure, you can use reductions, but I think that fan is too weak to pull air through a carbon filter and sufficiently cool a 600w bulb.
Make sure the carbon filter has bigger capacity than the max flow of he fan.

Fine seed choices, should be easy to grow and yield some decent herb :)

Hello !

Just got my growing tent and forgot to buy lamp hangers :D so can't start my setup now, waiting for hangers.
Still don't know what to do with fan / reducers.

I counted like that:
fan 270m3/h , my tent 120 x 80 x180 which is 1.2 x 0.8 x 1.8 which is 1.728m3. Let's say 2m3, as far as I know air should be changed 1 time per 1 minute, am I right? so to fully change air of 2m3 I need 120m3/h , correct or not? My fan can do 270m3/h, I understand that added carbon filter and ducting will reduce air movement, but still 270m3/h not enough?

That tent is pretty good made with holes, so I may be able to do almost straight extraction without lots of corners, etc. Now, what can I do about ducting? I can 4 inch carb filter -- reducer -- 6 inch insulated ducting - - lamp - - 6 inch insulated ducting -- reducer - - fan -- 4 inch ducting or 4 inch carb filter -- 4 inch ducting -- reducer -- lamp -- reducer -- 4 inch insulated ducting -- - fan - - 4 inch insulated ducting .

I like the second version more as it is a bit cheaper, but if it won't cool down my lamp, this means I have to change fan to more powerful, and I probably won't get any 4 inch fan more powerful than the one I have, so going with 6 inch ducting would be better idea, or if I change fan later on I can use my old reductions, but ducting still stays 4 inches.

Or I may put fan in between carbon filter and lamp? But probably that won't be a good idea. :D

Now as I probably still gona go with the fan I have as I am a bit short of money at the moment and I will probably won't run more than 400w in the begining, this should work, bet when it comes to flowering.. which version of ducting is better or maybe some other unheard ideas about that? There is some cheap in - line fans 6 inch on ebay, but I read that they uses lots of power and their CFM is far from true CFMS, so I thought that that 4 inch ruck fan will do a better job than a cheap chinese in line 6 inch fan. I will put another 4 inch fan for fresh (room) air.

Plastic or metal reducers? and acoustic ducting is worth the money?
Another question, do I really need a heavy duty timer?

Oh, and BTW I found some gel called NEUTRADOL (probably works like ONA GEL but it's two times cheaper), anyone used this kind of stuff?
neutradol_superfreshl_gel.jpg

Yet another question about carbon filters: RAM, FOX, RHINO PRO OR RHINO HOBBY or just cheap swiftair / unbranded carbon filter? Swift air and those cheaper carbon fitlers does about 300m3/h for 20£, RHINO HOBBY costs about 25-30£ and can do the same, and RHINO PRO starts from about 37-40£, RAM about 30-35 and FOX is the same. What's the difference, worth those few extra quids on better (more expensive) carb filter or not?

And thanks for everyone helping me build my setup, photos soon!!!

UPDATE!!!
Just switched ON my set-up. On 400W with two small fans inside temps at the bottom are 30C and ~33C at the top. Can't wait to connect my fan to everything, should easily remove heat from tube I believe.

Decided to go with RHINO HOBBY carb filter which is capable of doing 350m3/h. Any other filters I can find does 250m3/h and is 5 pounds cheapers, but probably that RHINO HOBBY is worth some extra pennies.

Bought 4 inch ducting, acoustic insulated. Will try to save few bucks on reducers as that ducting with insulation is about 6-7 inches, have some aluminium ducktape, probably will do the job. :) so basically this is it. My seeds now swimming in the water, waiting to be planted. Probably will do this job tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for helping me out!

AND in the worst case scenario I will add 4 inch booster fan between my carb filter and cooltube. Good idea or not?

Dimmed to 250W :) White Widow.
1759FDE7-13B6-4863-8E8B-DC83341DBF52.jpeg

Need advice!!!

Bought 12l root nurse pots, now need to decide about soil!!! Help me there please!!!

I had westland john innes and i didnt mix it with anything, results was pathetic!
On other plants got Moorlands multi purpose compost and mixed it with coco feom poundland, ratio about 70/30 maybe 65/35 soil / coco, put some small rocks for drainage (didn’t had perlite). Results was like 3 times better. Gave 3 part feeding from poundland, read good words about it.

Now as there will be 7 plants (i think) in 12l pots what mixture would you recommend me to use?

I was thinking about two choices:
coco coir 30% and terra canna professional+ compost 70%
Or
Coco coir 20-30% +10-15% perlite + 5% vermiculite + moorlands multi purpose or any other compost (????) 50-60%

Advices, ideas? Thank you

I would recommend 50 watts per square foot minimum so you get enough lumens to each plant, and make sure your light is evenly distributed. This will give you the potential to maximize your yield without introducing Co2 of course.

Back
Top Bottom