Need some advice about strains

Ruhaa

Ok I live in Northern Michigan and its cool up here year round. Winters are brutly. My new garden is out in the garage. I do have heaters but Im looking for some high-yeild strains that grow in cooler temps. My search has been unsussecefull. So with so many people growing I would like to heard what you guy think or have growen in cooler weather that way I can plan accordingly.

Re: Need some advice about strains.

Oh Canada!! Are neighbors up north have your answer they have Indicas and hybrids that work NYC Diesel, and blue dream seem to handle colder temps in experience. And the seed companies claim that autos do good I had a big bang auto that didn't purple in cooler temps.

Your question does not make sense. If you are growing indoors with heaters you can grow any strain you want. Some strains do better indoors but any strain will grow... what kind of lights will you use?

Well in the garage is only like 10 degrees and i only have a 1500watt heater to heat a 6'x8'x9'. Its divided with 6inch duct work with inline fan to move the heat around but this time a year the highs in there are about 60-70 in veg and 65-75. when the temp outside changes.It get no warmer.so these are the temps i have to deal with during winter.and in the summer I have a big grow cage outside that 14x14x14. summer are cool.

Those temps are fine. I live in WA state and it gets cold up here too. I use a small space heater to keep my grow box the right temps. My temps are 75 during the day and drop to about 68 at night. Haven't had any problems with any strains with these temps. But, it is a bitch to get clones to grow with lower temps. They tend to just go dormant.

Ya Im having that problem now. tring to talk to the wife to let me bring them in judt until rooting takes place. The last few weeks my room has been in low 60 and very dry. Tring to figure out how to get the humity up to par with out buying anything.

ya I had 2 1500watt heaters going and it cost me like $250 more in my electric bill.So now it just 1 and i shraink the rooms up.
Those temps are fine. I live in WA state and it gets cold up here too. I use a small space heater to keep my grow box the right temps. My temps are 75 during the day and drop to about 68 at night. Haven't had any problems with any strains with these temps. But, it is a bitch to get clones to grow with lower temps. They tend to just go dormant.

As in light I'm using 1 1000watt HPS magnicet ballest. I do have the hood glass out to help with heat to. And I switch my veg lights to. From 12 bulb t5 to a 400wat MH mag. ballest. For heat issues to to try to help things.

And Im sure some strains due better in colder weather then others. cause last week it was like -27 wind chill. so temp where very low and 15% humidity.
Your question does not make sense. If you are growing indoors with heaters you can grow any strain you want. Some strains do better indoors but any strain will grow... what kind of lights will you use?

I dont know a whole lot about strains but i am also a northern michigan grower, My grow space is smaller so a space heater works great for me.

What ive read and been told is that most strains can handle down to 50 F (night time temps) without hurting them or stunting there growth. (obviously not ideal, im hoping for an early spring) Herb in the wild is known to handle even colder temps

Early in my grow experiences i constructed a frame and put blankets over it and grew in the blanket tent for a bit, it worked probably a little hazardous tho

I cant afford 2 heaters. I want one cause thats what I can afford. BUt with winter it get around 15-20 degrees out side. and my room can get around 65 degrees on a good day with the way I have it. Right now I do have Blue Dream. I need some others that are for giving with cooler weather during the spring and fall months to.

My space is alittle bigger. But I just need some differnt strains that are forgiving to the cooled weather.
I dont know a whole lot about strains but i am also a northern michigan grower, My grow space is smaller so a space heater works great for me.

What ive read and been told is that most strains can handle down to 50 F (night time temps) without hurting them or stunting there growth. (obviously not ideal, im hoping for an early spring) Herb in the wild is known to handle even colder temps

Early in my grow experiences i constructed a frame and put blankets over it and grew in the blanket tent for a bit, it worked probably a little hazardous tho

I am currently growing haze in cold conditions. I can get it up to 75-80 at lights on but it falls to 60 at night. The only thing it did was to bring out her purple side :cheesygrinsmiley:

edit-- I just re-read I thought you were going down to 60. :hmmmm: you still should be ok. I heat my clones with my magnetic ballasts but you could get a seedling heater mat... should work fine.

DSC_0596_buds.jpg

DSC_0580_buds.jpg

DSC_0602_buds.jpg

Thanks Buckshot. Ya clones are taking for ever to start the roots. I am now using dirt so I dont have to worry about water temp cause I currently was DWC. The lowes temps that I have seen with one heater with out lights on in my budding room was 50 degrees.

One of the strains that was metion above was Blue Dream. Well that what I currently have. Here is a pix of the last DWC grow that I have currently harvested to. And the link to my journal.

Querkle & Blue Dream

fg.JPG

P10107432.JPG

The wet weight was 1lbs and 6oz. cant wait until dried to fined out dry weight.
I am currently growing haze in cold conditions. I can get it up to 75-80 at lights on but it falls to 60 at night. The only thing it did was to bring out her purple side :cheesygrinsmiley:

edit-- I just re-read I thought you were going down to 60. :hmmmm: you still should be ok. I heat my clones with my magnetic ballasts but you could get a seedling heater mat... should work fine.

DSC_0596_buds.jpg

DSC_0580_buds.jpg

DSC_0602_buds.jpg

Back
Top Bottom