Need some advice now on how to fix cal/mag deficiency in Canna Terra Pro: Photos included, not a new grower

Foto

Hi everyone.

So my current grow is 9 ladies that I cross bred last year and are now in 4.5 liter pots of canna terra pro under two 400 watt led lights.

I am close to the end of week three of flowering but am running into some problems but not with flower development.

I use Biobizz nutes at half strength and calimagic.

Two weeks ago I read the bag of canna terra pro and it said to water at ph 6.0 and previously I had been watering at 6.5 with some nitrogen uptake issues.

I watered with calimagic at ph 6.1 and the plants looked great for a week and then I fed them nutes etc and reduced the ph to 6.0 and this week I am seeing signs of cal/mag deficiency.

my pots are probably a quarter full of water at the moment and I am thinking I don't want to do anything until they dry out a bit and I then plan on raising the ph to hopefully aid the uptake of the calcium and magnesium.

Am I thinking the wrong way? Should I be leeching the medium and fixing this now instead of waiting for it to dry out
DSC03965.jpg
DSC03969.jpg
DSC03980.jpg
?

Some of my plants are fine and others are a bit more sensitive

Hi foto, I use biobizz nutes and had a similar problem in my last round of plants... My issue was caused by too much nitrogen which was causing lock out. I use magne-cal + which I hadn't realised also contains nitrogen... After a good flush everything was fine

Thanks Ozmo.
How did you flush? What medium were you using?
Thanks.

Hey foto, sorry I hadn't seen this until now...
Medium= soil with about 60 percent perlite
To flush effectively you need to run approximately 3 times the volume of your pot through with ph'd water (so if using 1 gallon pots, flush 3 gallons through it) this will remove all the built up nitrogen and salts in the soil so you can start a fresh.. a tds or EC meter and a way of checking pH is also handy if you've got them. I check the pH and tds (total dissolved solids) of what I am putting in, then measure what's coming out, repeat the process until what's coming out is close to what's going in.
Another thing I think may be causing you a problem is the pH you're using.. 6 sounds too low, that sort of pH is close to what hydro needs, but as far as im aware you should be aiming for 6.2 - 6.8 as it is more similar to a soil medium (I appreciate it isn't soil, but it behaves in a similar way, it just doesn't have its own pH which helps our cause!), If I am right, this would also deny your ladies the food they need... Good luck man, I hope you sort it

If anyone is interested this one plant that was really bad with rust spotting, curling up of the fan leaves and crisping got worse.

It's now just bud leaves really so I flushed 15 liters of water through the 4.5 liter pot and kept lowering the ph of every 5 liters I was flushing.

The first test had the runoff at 6.8 and the the last at 6.3 and I still think it might need to be lower for this one particular plant but will find out over the next few days.

Canna Terra Pro seems to be just peat and perlite with some nutrients and lime and because I messed up by keeping on adjusting my ph to 6.5 when it should have been 6.0 I believe I have slowly raised the ph of the medium until it is too alkaline and that's why there are problems.

Some plants aren't as fussy as others though and I would be pretty sure if test the run off the ones that are staring to show spotting it's going to be because the ph is too high and the other plants just don't care.

I can't flush them all though and only have 20- 30 days left so I am going to reduce the ph of the water going in on the spotting plants and leave the ph on the plants that are just losing their lower leaves naturally in flower.

I reckon I may have learnt some good things this time round with this medium and really want to just keep a few bonsai mothers for next year and will probably just buy a super soil although I have 60 liters of canna terra pro that I might use when I take cuttings next year.

I'm guessing I will end up with enough smoke for a year this time as I only really smoke in the evening a few hours before sleep and that's my goal.

Enough meds for a year and one grow a year.

Hi everyone.

So my current grow is 9 ladies that I cross bred last year and are now in 4.5 liter pots of canna terra pro under two 400 watt led lights.

I am close to the end of week three of flowering but am running into some problems but not with flower development.

I use Biobizz nutes at half strength and calimagic.

Two weeks ago I read the bag of canna terra pro and it said to water at ph 6.0 and previously I had been watering at 6.5 with some nitrogen uptake issues.

I watered with calimagic at ph 6.1 and the plants looked great for a week and then I fed them nutes etc and reduced the ph to 6.0 and this week I am seeing signs of cal/mag deficiency.

my pots are probably a quarter full of water at the moment and I am thinking I don't want to do anything until they dry out a bit and I then plan on raising the ph to hopefully aid the uptake of the calcium and magnesium.

Am I thinking the wrong way? Should I be leeching the medium and fixing this now instead of waiting for it to dry out
DSC03965.jpg
DSC03969.jpg
DSC03980.jpg
?

Some of my plants are fine and others are a bit more sensitive
You are seeing a mag only deficiency dude . Not calcium .

Back
Top Bottom