Need some advice on my lights

Cannygrow

Hey community I have a quick question regarding lighting, I have a Viparspectra 300w led inside a 2x4 Vivosun tent I have it over two critical purple auto and I am wondering if I will need supplemental lighting? The actual power draw is around 130w. My plants have started preflower and am wondering if these lights will be enough. If not any suggestions on a cheap supplemental lights? My budget is a bit tight right now but next run I plan on using 600w hps just can’t afford right now. Thanks for any help in advance ...

Attachments

• 52B468B1-D143-465B-B29D-2A854280954B.jpeg
    52B468B1-D143-465B-B29D-2A854280954B.jpeg
    555.7 KB · Views: 230
600w HPS is to much for a 2x4 tent

And a 300w viperspectra, I had one, won't cover a 2x4 either
It will most likely cover one plant in that tent

And please, future pics in natural light so we can see yer baby

600w HPS is to much for a 2x4 tent

And a 300w viperspectra, I had one, won't cover a 2x4 either
It will most likely cover one plant in that tent

And please, future pics in natural light so we can see yer baby
Will post pics when I get home, I only have two plants under that light and I’ve heard it won’t be enough any suggestions on an affordable supplemental light ?

The 300w is a great light for the price
I'd get another before I hung a bunch of CFL bulbs all over
T5 can work well but I'd go the 300w again

My T5 didn't do so well in flower even with 2700k bulbs

To elaboate on lighting would be to neglect all of the other factors. Scorpio is saying good things regarding lights. My thought is to balance the plan.

The 300w is a great light for the price
I'd get another before I hung a bunch of CFL bulbs all over
T5 can work well but I'd go the 300w again

My T5 didn't do so well in flower even with 2700k bulbs
Yeah that’s my fear that she’s been doing so well then come harvest and have a poor yield or low potency due to insufficient lights I guess I will settle for another 300 Viparspectra until am able to upgrade my complete light set up. So 600 is to mich for a 2x4 what should be my step up for a 2x4 tent? I just want to grow the optimum plants considering my lack of experience.

I used a 600w HPS in a 4x4

Problem with a 2x4 is two fold
Probably only 5' tall so limits yer growth of a plant
Long and narrow so ends may not get the light needed

I'd look at QB lights, or Quantum Boards, all I use now

To elaboate on lighting would be to neglect all of the other factors. Scorpio is saying good things regarding lights. My thought is to balance the plan.
Appreciate the info bud I have dialed in my temps and rh,I finally got a grip on my wet dry water cycle,haven’t fed yet as she seems to still be pulling nutes from the ffof so now my main concern is lighting as I assume I have gone into pre flower. First time grower so am sucking up info like a sponge lol.

I used a 600w HPS in a 4x4

Problem with a 2x4 is two fold
Probably only 5' tall so limits yer growth of a plant
Long and narrow so ends may not get the light needed

I'd look at QB lights, or Quantum Boards, all I use now
Makes sense, I have dont some light looking into them and heard good things am particularly interested in the diy kits

Cant beat a good HPS, iv got a 600w in a 1x1m tent turned up to 660w coasting at 24c, if you can control the heat in a 4x2 then you will be fine.

Iv got a 60x90x60 tent with a 600w mh bulb in a cool tube and that is tiny compared to a 2x4, went from 250w now on 600w running at 25-27c, control the heat and your all good.

You could always buy a cheap dimmable ballast that goes from 250/450/600/660, i use a omega and its great, cool tubes around £30/$40.

Cant beat a good HPS, iv got a 600w in a 1x1m tent turned up to 660w coasting at 24c, if you can control the heat in a 4x2 then you will be fine.

Iv got a 60x90x60 tent with a 600w mh bulb in a cool tube and that is tiny compared to a 2x4, went from 250w now on 600w running at 25-27c, control the heat and your all good.

You could always buy a cheap dimmable ballast that goes from 250/450/600/660, i use a omega and its great, cool tubes around £30/$40.
Dope, will definitely look into it, when u say 24c what is that in reference to ?

Yeah the 600w hps lights are great, i pull 20+oz every 4x4 run so you should have no problem at all creating 10+oz from 2 plants ever run, you could even turn it down to 450 and still collect 10+ :).

Makes sense, I have dont some light looking into them and heard good things am particularly interested in the diy kits
The 320 xl kit is perfect in my 2x4 vivosun, although I use it for veg, it could easily put out some great flowers. In the pic, I have it dialed all the way down, so my camera would work correctly. It's seriously bright, and ALOT cooler than HID. If anything, supplement your current light with the QB "strip" they have.

Back
Top Bottom