Need some advice reg. what to do...

PEACEQUEST

Hi there,
I have a couple of plants outdoors, and since I'm close to the equator, the days are about 12 hours and 15 minutes long, and the day length is actually increasing these days. Should this be a problem, as my plants have just started vegging. (they are actually seedlings just 3 days old) Might they automatically shift into flowering, as the hours of sunlight are just above 12 hours? If so, can I just harvest them after a couple of months? Also, probably when should I start examining with a magnifying glass for sex? -This is a little tricky, as if I go on everyday going and examining my plants with a magnifying glass, then somebody might see me and wonder whats going on. Otherwise, I have enough other plants around it, and not many people who have much of a clue about the J plant, who may be able to see the plants itself. I was wondering, if I should maybe, cover up the plants with black plastic garbage bags, just before or after sunset, for half an hour, to reduce the hours of sunlight by say an hour, when I want to trigger flowering, but then I read somewhere, that plants can flower even with 13 hours of sunlight. So, now, I do not know, whether I need to do anything, to make the plants flower, and also do not know when I need to start checking for sex. I would be okay, even if the plants themselves decided to start flowering very early, resulting in short plants, that can also be harvested quickly - that would actually suit me. This is my first real grow, which I might see till the end, as my last 2 grows ran into situations, where I had vacate the area of growing , and as a result, loose my plants. Ouch! If it helps, I am using seeds that I got from inside my weed, which I scored from a couple of different places, and so I have no clue about what strain. Somebody please sort out my confusion!!

Hi Peacequest,

I don't live on the equator, but from my understanding, the equator receives a little over 12 hours of sunlight each day throughout the year. Your plants won't automatically go into flower. They must reach sexual maturity first. The plant's side branches will start step-laddering upon sexual maturity. At the point, your plants can be sexed and they will automatically go into flower.

Hope this helps.

No problem Peacequest. It also saves you from making daily trips to the grow site, thus causing less suspicion. Make sure that you have a little wire cage around them so they don't get munched on by some critters.

Back
Top Bottom