Need Some Advice - Story Inside

bubblekarma

Hey peeps.

Back on Halloween, my buddies and I were planning on gettin stoned. I usually always am the supplier, and then was no different. One of my friends, John, has a bitchy wife, and doesn't let us do shit. She doesn't know John smokes weed, but she had plans that night to go out with some friends of hers. So when she left, we lit up. We did this in his apartment, because he was convinced that she would not smell it when she got home, against everyone else's advice. There was an almost 2 year old kid in the other room (hers, not John's).

Well, when she got home, the very first thing she said was "What the FUCK is that smell? That is pot!" She storms off to her room. What was worse is she had someone with her who's mom works with my mom. My friends (minus John) and I jet out of there (what a buzzkill, I don't want to deal with his bitchy wife, and we warned him).

Well now, apparently she is mad at ME, and will not let him hang out with me anymore. They have only been married 1 year and she already has such a tight whip on him that I just want to ...!

So now I have not been able to hang out with him, haven't been able to talk to him, I can barley txt him. Because he doesn't want her to divorce him.

So I guess my question is what should I do in this situation?

I reckon you need to keep your distance like you have been, at least until things settle down a bit.

Sounds like he rushed into the relationship and now it's blowing up. Married couples are 'supposed to', according to popular culture, accept each other for who they are and love unconditionally.

She needs to learn to accept him for who he is and let me have his pot. Marriage is about compromise and she's not being reasonable, it sounds like she's being selfish and controlling.

I do frown upon smoking around an infant, no good can EVER come of that. I just pray the door was shut tight at least.

Honestly I think he probably should have thought it through before taking the plunge. Marriage cannot be based on love, it just can't.
Marriage is a commitment between two parties to be there and support each other till death do them part because those initial feelings of love and lust don't last forever.

Hope that helps ;)

ok.... they are maried and he has a wimpy ass secret that he likes pot!!! this is why you get to know everything about each other before getting married. and was she raised in a church? i really get tired of outdated endoctrinated BS, all it does is slow progress and hinder communication. look at all the trouble it has caused your circle of friends. i say let them be miserable together... that seems to be the popular fad in mariages today.

some people you just cant reason with. dont be the cause of a divorce, sounds like she will make him miserable soon enough and maybe he will get some balls and tell her to screw off and give you a call.

What should you do? Go apologize to her.

Seriously.

I am a 40-year-old married woman and I am not a "bitchy" wife.

What you and your friend did was childish and immature regardless of what kind of "personality" his wife has. Regardless how we (we meaning "pot smokers") feel about weed, let's take a step back and analyze this situation without the emotional attachments...

First and foremost, there should have NEVER been a child present when weed was being smoked. I would have been pissed too. Grow up and take it outside or into the garage. I'm sorry, but that's the ultimate in laziness. Who smokes with a little one in the house?

Secondly, any miscommunication between the two of them is a result of him not being honest with his wife. HE broke that trust by going behind her back. Can you imagine what a shock it would be to think you know someone and then to come home and find out differently? Put yourself in her shoes for a second.

Lose the "bachelor" attitude. At some point, it's imperitive that you grow up and realize what's important. Your friend is married now and as such, his responsibility is to his marriage and his child. HE needs to work it out with HER, first and foremost, by being honest with her. Then, if HE decides that it's not possible to be in a relationship with someone who doesn't accept his smoking habits, HE can decide what to do about that.

This is Dr.Phil. Make up some nice tasty brownies and give them too her as an apology. SHe'll get so high she won't be bitchy any more, until the next morning of course.lol

She needs to learn to accept him for who he is and let me have his pot. Marriage is about compromise and she's not being reasonable, it sounds like she's being selfish and controlling.

ROFL I can't believe none of you caught what StonyGeoff (accidently?) said here. I laughed my ass off for like 10 minutes!

You should keep away for a lil' while then call him when she's not around...

one thing i hate is when people let their partners run their lifes and make their decisions for them. It's like bein a kid back at home. Whats worse is when the person is too afraid to say anything!

Mate you should tell her what you think, i always tell people what i think whether or not they happy bout it. In fact, i'll come tell her for you lool! ;)

Thanks for the idea's guys. I do realize it was foolish to smoke whilst a child was in the other room sleeping. However, that was his idea, not mine. I wanted to go outside, but he insisted on smoking in the house since it was so cold outside.

But, things are progressing just fine. My friend and I have hung out the last 2 weeks, and his wife has been mad each time. I think things are going downhill for their relationship.

But look where this has ended up. Nothing against my friend or his wife directly, but if they were completely honest with each other up front, they would not be in this predicament.

For all we know, she is getting ready to ditch him and is now in the process of collecting crap to use for reasons for break.
Then, when you go to apologize to her, you can take a shot.

I thought I ought to bring this excellent post back (edited for brevity):

...childish and immature...
...miscommunication between the two of them is a result of him not being honest with his wife.

Lose the "bachelor" attitude. ...grow up and realize what's important. Your friend is married now and as such, his responsibility is to his marriage and his child. HE needs to work it out with HER, first and foremost, by being honest with her...

My thoughts were, "Who is he married to, his wife or his smoking buddy"?

And this one seems to answer that question...it's as if qtipextra is next in line and the the relationship going downhill is considered "progressing just fine". WTF?:

But, things are progressing just fine. My friend and I have hung out the last 2 weeks, and his wife has been mad each time. I think things are going downhill for their relationship.

qtpextra, it's like your friend is cheating on his wife and you're the other woman, dressed as Mary Jane. Don't worry...nothing personal, it's just an analogy.

Ahhhh,the problems of the young.

Never,ever do anything in a woman's house unless you ask her,even if you see her doing it.

Your buddy's place became her house when she moved in. He now just lives there,pay no attention to anything he tells you.

You're now Dr. Evil. Apologize and hope your pal doesn't use you as his general excuse for all his screwin' up.

"Q got me high and the next thing I know we're at the pelt bar. That's when your sister spotted me from the pole."

Back
Top Bottom