Need some advise for a 1st time grower

A gentle breeze from a fan will help strengthen the main stem. Keeping flouro. bulbs 2-3 inches away from the tops will prevent stretching.

Other than that, leave them alone and let them do their thing until they are old enough to begin feeding (2-3 weeks old).

One of my plants is doin great, but the other one not too good, its growing very slow and looks weak but i think its because its lacking light. thats about it

tell us the specs on your room / setup!

temps, lights, space, nutrients, all that good stuff.

the more we know the more we can help, if you need help.

Its in a cabinet about 4 by 2 feet, I covered the sides on the inside with alluminum foil to help to reflect the light. The temperature is normal room temp. I got the doors opened and fan blowing on the them. Im not sure the type of light i got but its very bright and dont get hot, the lightbolb is swirly, I got it from a freind that used it to grow before. I havent gotten a chance to get any fertilizer yet so they havent had any nutes. This friday it will be a mounth since I planted them.

ahhkk!

aluminum foil is terrible! it causes hotspots and it's so flimsy.

just get a some mylar or some flat white matte finish paint and paint the walls.

your light is a CFL, and if you've only got one, i suggest you run out to lowe's or home depot and get a 3 pack for like.. 15 $ .. maybe 5$ i can't remember.

the point is, they are cheap and you need alot, especially if that's all you plan on using the ENTIRE grow.

i'd get TONS of them. cover the entire room, make it a tanning bed.

and then get that flat white finish man!

do you know what type of soil you're using or anything?

strains? pics?

I got the soil out of a a pot that had flowers in it lol so i dont know what kind of soil it is, it looked good tho. I'm not sure what strains they are I got the seeds out of two diffrent bags of weed, the weed was decent. I would post some pics but i dont have a digital camera. How many of CFL lights would I need for just one plant? I think the other plant will end up dying because the lightbolb died on the lamp I was using for it, thats why I only got one light. And I might not be able to get the lights in time because im on 24 hour curfew.

24 hour curfew? what's that :eek:

but uh, it all depends on the lumens, you want AS MANY as you can get..

so i mean.. i literally just got back from lowes 5 minutes ago and with 4 cfl's for only 5 bucks, and if i were you i'd go get like.. 20 cfl's and rig up the entire room to all hell.

especially during flowering, you'll need lots and lots.

Im going to get whole bunch of them as soon as I get a chance. 24 hour curfew is like house arrest accept you dont have to wear an ancle bracelet.

Back
Top Bottom