Need some guidance from some pros!

I think a lot has to do with the thickness of the plastic and how much white dye or whatever they use to make the colors in the plastic.

yeah the older containers were fine. they had a better grade of plastic. if you shine a light in the bucket and can see it through the sides so will the roots.

I think a lot has to do with the thickness of the plastic and how much white dye or whatever they use to make the colors in the plastic.

My stock of white pails and pots is an example. Some of the 2 1/2 white pails are a thin plastic or a translucent plastic and I can either easily see the water line in one of them or see the water line if I look carefully with the other. But I would not be able to read a newspaper held up to the sides. Then there are some white 5 gallon pails in the collection that I could not see a water or soil line no matter how hard I tried, even in sunlight.

When it comes to the white gardening post I don't remember for sure but I believe I could not see the soil line when using them.

Looked up with Mr Google' help whether black plastic will prevent algae growth. Seems the answer is "no, not completely", but it should slow it down to the point that most people will not find or notice green algae for a year or more. These comments were regarding white and black water storage tanks and enclosed containers.
The one I used was thick and you couldn’t see through it even with the sunlight. Grew a 3’ Temple Kush in it. The roots were so thick that after I chopped it I couldn’t pull it out no matter how hard I tried. CL🍀

861680BA-D833-4282-8343-245C42C1FF6B.jpeg

2313FCD8-CC95-4BFA-9D4C-2BD243AB64CC.jpeg

7B5A7034-4826-44E8-B760-B5977B6D636F.jpeg

CE94EFC0-FAB0-4913-A3D0-B0FB7ABC7B83.jpeg

9365396B-9182-4C48-A2ED-56EA371E668C.jpeg

A4AF37E1-C9AA-40B1-A66A-180406ADF989.jpeg

Check out this pic. You can literally see the soil through the side of the container. When I did my transplant the two that were lagging had a lot more algae around the surface inside the buckets and all around the root ball. I think it was a combo of over watering and light penetration. Algae can't grow without light. I have moved all 4 into black fabric pots 👍🏼

0C55C566-E17B-4DF9-989F-6AA00A907D99.jpeg

That first picture makes the plant look like a 3 foot tall flower stem cola.
Yeah I waited too long to any kind of training on it but I think for the first time growing it turned out decent. I also was using crap nutrients that I found out later were missing a lot of recommended percentages. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom