Need some help identifying sex

Theuincnt

so this is my first grow. I'm working with nirvana autoflower feminzed seeds. Ive read that fems can still turn herm or male. what confuses me is this looks like a male but there are white hairs coming out of the one sac. what do you think?

20151115_165735.jpg

Male all day.....Kill it and take a closer look at the seed supplier. If they are reputable then maybe you stressed her into a him but it looks straight male to me! A good seed supplier will make it good.

I just complained to Nirvana about my Femd seeds being male. They asked me if I was sure it wasn't a hermi. They said no one from that batch has complained. Like I care...

I almost punched my monitor reading that...like that makes it okay?

I sent them a pic of the male pollen sacs. Haven't heard anything back. I will update this if they man up.

here are some more pics and why its confusing me. I see a lot of female traits but those sacs are really worrying me. can you guys clarify is this a straight up male or a hermie? the first pic is the plant in question. the second pic shows female traits on one side of the node and male traits on the other. the third and fourth are of the hairs coming from the sacs. (i thought only females had the two white hairs? can anyone clarify this?) also there are maybe 6-8 of these sacs on the plant. the rest look like the regular female growth with white hairs. If this is a herm it will still produce wont it? Id rather not kill it if I can just move it out of my room to another area and still get something out of it. It will just have to go under cfls instead of my 1k watt light.

20151115_210428.jpg

20151115_211703.jpg

20151115_211900.jpg

20151115_210536.jpg

Nirvana got back to me...Now I have been growing for more than 20 years. This is my first Femed seeds. When they said something about it being a Hermi I replied with basically "well tell me about that...why should I expect a hermi when I paid for a female". This was their reply...

"Feminized plants are a little more sensitive to stress and can cause the plants to hermie. So you have had hermies before? Where you able to find the cause of your hermies in your previous grows?"

I aint buying from them again. What the hell does a hermi I grew 15 years ago in a different state have to do with their poor genetics? They keep trying to say it is just fine that my seed is a male because I must have screwed up.

I am just gonna get my seeds from the local medical shop from now on. Not the best selection but I can pay in cash and walk out that day with them.

Nirvana got back to me...Now I have been growing for more than 20 years. This is my first Femed seeds. When they said something about it being a Hermi I replied with basically "well tell me about that...why should I expect a hermi when I paid for a female". This was their reply...

"Feminized plants are a little more sensitive to stress and can cause the plants to hermie. So you have had hermies before? Where you able to find the cause of your hermies in your previous grows?"

I aint buying from them again. What the hell does a hermi I grew 15 years ago in a different state have to do with their poor genetics? They keep trying to say it is just fine that my seed is a male because I must have screwed up.

I am just gonna get my seeds from the local medical shop from now on. Not the best selection but I can pay in cash and walk out that day with them.

In all fairness you your plant is very stressed. It's easy to see and high stress can make any plant hermie out and some strains more than others. That being said breeders should do anything and everything they can to breed easily hermied traits from their seeds.

Relax guys it is normal. It is a swollen female calyx. If you are lucky they will be oozing with goodness.

2015-11-16_11_45_06.jpg

Rifleman is 100% correct. While your first picture screamed nut sack all of the rest of the pictures you put up show it's a female for sure. That first picture is very very questionable. I wish folks would put all of the pictures up in the 1st place so helping would be easier.

You have a female indeed!

In all fairness you your plant is very stressed. It's easy to see and high stress can make any plant hermie out and some strains more than others. That being said breeders should do anything and everything they can to breed easily hermied traits from their seeds.

In fairness My plant has no pics up here. This is not my thread. :thumb:

He was specifically asking about Nirvana Seed Bank which I was actively talking to about this. I was just trying to help this guy with part of his question. Sorry to confuse others.

:Namaste:

Thanks guys i got i got it under control it just scared me as this is my first time and didnt want to risk pollinating the ladies with one bad egg. the plants are doing well in their 6th week. 3 til harvest and it looks as though it will be a very merry christmas. Thanks again for all the replies. I plan to start a journal my next time. I didn't join until the site until i was already 4 weeks in so i thought screw it, i'll just gain some experience and share the next one with you all.

Back
Top Bottom