Need some help with coco grow, over-watered?

Lungren

first time in coco!
so i got some clones about a week ago, said they are about 2 months old
transplanted them to 3g airpots in a 70/30 coco to perlite mix
feeding AN veg A+B root excelurator, b52, calmend by dutch nutrients after flushing the plants at around 500PPM
under a california lightworks 550 in a 5x5 tent
temp 25
rh 45%
been feeding them twice a day, about 500 ml each, tons of runoff each time
when they came it looked like they had phos/calmag defeciencies, but they were praying up to the light alot
i just switched them to 18/6 on saturday and when i got them they had just had a heavy defol done to them
from my extensive 10m search on google...it looks like overwatering?? thought that wasnt a thing with coco?
unsure if i should keep watering as much or let them dry out a bit
o and PH at 5.7

When fully saturated in water coco will still maintain approximately 30% air so I doubt if overwatering is the issue here. As hjayu94 mentioned, it appears that there are some nutrient deficiency and/or toxicity problems that are occuriing. To my eye it looks like either a magnesium and/or potassium issue. More often than not the nutrient manufacturers dosing rates are based on building big fat buds by pumping up the volume to danger zone proportions which often results in toxicity issues. So often times ,especially with younger plants the more likely culprit is overdosing resulting in toxicity issues rather than deficiencies. Reducing dosing rates by 20% to 50% will often times solve the problem while still delivering adequate nutrients to the plants.
Another important aspect to consider is the ph of your solution. Do make sure that you're checking the ph of your water both before and after mixing in your nutrients and adjusting as needed before watering. As you probably already know, proper ph of your water/nutrient solution is critical. If ph is out of range then nutrient lockout will start to occur. Checking the ppm's of your runoff versus ph of what went in can also tell you a lot about whats going on as well. :peace:

It isnt overwatering mate. it is a deficient element. The veins in the dark green leaves and the clawing are a very good indicator. PH to 6.2 with the water , this allows the roots to pull trace elements from the top of the range too. As the ph drops in the medium, it should allow the roots to feed throughout the available scale of elements down to the lower 5.6 too. Try a flush with just Ph'd 6.2 water to reset the roots for uptake again. Overwatering coco is virtually impossible as it can also have a continuous watering and still maintain 30% oxygen within it
good luck . if you start a journal then we can follow along too. In the links in my signiture is a thread " useful links for new members" and it will help you navigate the site and start a journal too. Welcome to 420. good sense on asking for help early enough

It does look like a calcium deficiency, what is your base water ppm as if it under 150/200ppm you will need to add a supplement to help, also if your using LED they crave calcium like crazy.

Also they do say water daily but if found if you water ever 2 days at the beginning you end up with a better result.

thanks for the tips everyone!
i just calibrated my pen and it was low by 0.2
i'll try the flushing at 6.2 with some michoriza, just cause it sounds good
then ill drop the PPM's down
and i've been hitting them pretty hard with the calmag, so maybe locking something out? or the PH was off? wouldnt think it would be that much though!!
and i do have a journal for this grow! its my second sig, black kush
runoff was reading 600 PPm and 6.0 PH

Back
Top Bottom