420 Magazine Background

Need some knowledge please

I am not new to dwc but I am new to the led lights. If you have a min.... Here's my delima. I started some seeds. femenized auto flower, same as i always do, as I mentioned before I am dwc air bubbles use floragrow 2 1 6 and florabloom 0 1 6 wiltguard and calmag with ro water and ph stays always 5.5. I had a 400W hps light. With that said four weeks into my grow my balas stopped working. My plants were starting to stretch. I replaced the lights with 2 led 3.0 cob 180 W that is the only change and I'll be dammed if I can get these babies healthy. They have just stretched at times over night reaching the light and actually touching it. I keep, well try to keep, the hps away from the plants 12 to 18 inches. Not sure what the deal is with the led i need help though I'm now 7 weeks into the grow and ..... I need help.

Attachments

They are not full and healthy. And stretching like I can't stop them. They are indica and starting to flower and it seems I'm going to produce popcorn. And does the led need to be moved and a certain distance away from the plants?

Chris Scorpio

Member of the Month: July 2018
U need more light, why they are stretching

Move the lights over the plants, and closer together

If the plants are too tall for the area supercrop them

I don't believe the wattage makes a difference it's the Spectrum I've had a ten watt light bulb grow light growing plants and a hundred not grow plant because of the spectrum the 3.0 means for everyone particle of spectrum from an HPS to LED eliminate illuminates three times. With all ive read its like i say tge amount if spectrum not the wattage. Now with your info i need like 400 bux more. Ugh ill get it right. Thanx ill let ya know what happens

Barney86

I don't believe the wattage makes a difference it's the Spectrum I've had a ten watt light bulb grow light growing plants and a hundred not grow plant because of the spectrum the 3.0 means for everyone particle of spectrum from an HPS to LED eliminate illuminates three times. With all ive read its like i say tge amount if spectrum not the wattage. Now with your info i need like 400 bux more. Ugh ill get it right. Thanx ill let ya know what happens
Nah wattage makes a massive difference mate. That's why when you read the details of the light, it repeats something like 40 times there that its a 180w light. Then, right at the very bottom of the description, long after most people stop paying attention, they snuck it in that it's only a 120w.
Golden rule to buying LEDs is never trust a manufacturer that does that. If they need to bump up the numbers to sell their gear then there's a reason for it.
240w of propper cobs should easily keep up with a 400w HPs. Probably blow it right out the water too.
Might just be a super stretchy plant though, it does happen. Autos can be a bit unpredictable. I've had a few that caught me off guard and outgrew their surroundings.

Nah wattage makes a massive difference mate. That's why when you read the details of the light, it repeats something like 40 times there that its a 180w light. Then, right at the very bottom of the description, long after most people stop paying attention, they snuck it in that it's only a 120w.
Golden rule to buying LEDs is never trust a manufacturer that does that. If they need to bump up the numbers to sell their gear then there's a reason for it.
240w of propper cobs should easily keep up with a 400w HPs. Probably blow it right out the water too.
Might just be a super stretchy plant though, it does happen. Autos can be a bit unpredictable. I've had a few that caught me off guard and outgrew their surroundings.
Thank you for that. Now thats more along the same mind set. Being that what i have is good for replacement and since it happened 1/4 of the way into the grow my girls are a bit wacky from it. I think ill work with what i have for now and see what i get then start another grow. Eventually I'll get it right and I could start clapping and just keep it going

Kingjoe83

Grow Journal of the Month: July 2017
They are not full and healthy. And stretching like I can't stop them. They are indica and starting to flower and it seems I'm going to produce popcorn. And does the led need to be moved and a certain distance away from the plants?
Lower lights to help slow stretching or super crop or just take some strong if you have room and tie those colas down. Lol

Top Bottom