Need suggestions on new light! Help!

When I was looking at lights I was very interested in those t5 led bulbs. If I need any supplimental lighting I think they would be great! I too was having difficulty locating them though. Thanks for posting the source. I'm lucky enough to be in Canada too!

I believe these LEDs are strong enough to grow weed. I suspect I am waiting on the Canadian Post for these lights, I am anxious to try them out and make sure they fit properly in my light fixture and they work as was stated on the website. Growlight.ca also sells fixtures called Fusion Bright which are T5 Fixtures.

Right now my pepper plant seems to be bushing out, rather than growing into the light. I am using 2 blue and 2 red LEDs, arranged 2 red in the center rows and 2 blue on the outside rows. I may have to change the plant layout, 1 plant under a 24"(61cm) x 12"(30.5cm) fixture. The plant is also prolific with flowers. Growing under LEDs is new to me, so am using the learn by doing method.

I am also growing a pablano pepper from seed, I want to see how it performs grown entirely under T5 LEDs. Right now it has germinated and has it's first set of true leaves. Actually, additional leaves are appearing.

I received the T5 LED tubes today. There was a caution that these tubes require a 24W E-ballast, not sure what the E stands for, but my fixture is for F24T5HO 24W Florescent Tubes and the LEDs worked fine. I am posting a pic showing the condition of the plants under the new LEDs, I will be posting changes that happen to the plants, if any, in several weeks or so. I have only replaced half the tubes in the 8 tube fixture as I will buy more LED tubes later on. I have an inexpensive light meter, but it showed that the LED lights were a bit stronger than the T5HO tubes.

Back
Top Bottom