need temp control help please

1stimer

my closet is 2 by 8 the mh light 400wtt is pretty much in the middle now becuase i could not control the temp in the closet so i got a can fan with duct hose to push the heat from the MH lamp out the closet i now have that set up and i have my 3by3 foot fan sucking out of the closet as well and any dead air out and one of the sliding doors is just open enough to alow the fan to fit i put up mylar foil in the closet, on the doors and the 3 walls. i have a "sunleavestheromometer" dual with humidity and temp of course it comes with a little probe that hangs form it. where in the room do i put the probe? by the plant? next to light?(the light is 2.5 feet away from my plant the plant is about 3 inches tall) in the middle of the closet? to make sure the temp is correct? because if i put it to close to the light wont it still get hot and give me incorect temp reading? i cant seem to keep the temp under 80 gdreesFH, hopefuly now with the new can fan and duct hose it will control the temp i juist got them today, just wanted to get any thoughts from anyone if the temp will be ok now i also have my AC runing into the rroom howvever i cannot open the window, i also have to keep the bedroom door closed.
thanks for the help
1stimer

80 deg is just fine for you grow room; keep the temp probe as far away from the light as you can to get accurate readings,

2.5 feet is a little far away from your the tops of your plants, you could lower that a little, around 16 inches, a good rule of thumb to go by is hold your hand over the top of your plant for 1 min, if its to hot for your hand its to hot for the plant.

Back
Top Bottom