Need to Buy a Clone Machine - Help

NACnCO

I'm thinking a need to buy a clone machine. I work and am out of the house at least 14 hours, 4 days a week. I can't babysit cuttings, but it's time to top.

Any recommendations for a clone machine? Any design elements I should really pay attention to? Don't be shy. Let me know what you're thinking.

Re: Need to Buy a Clone Machine. Help.

What do you think of this one?

Botanicare-HSCL48-Plant-Clone-Machine
41ALHKavDoL_SS500_.jpg

I use the EZClone system myself. It's pretty much set it and forget it, and I've achieved close to 100% success and am happy with it.

I hear the TurboKlone is another good choice. It's a little cheaper and a little bigger, but the same principle as the EZC. I don't have any personal experience with this one, but I've only seen good reviews of it.

I used to start clones in rockwool with about 67% success. They took quite a bit longer, and much more TLC, to get roots going as compared to the sprayer type system.

18 Site Aeroponic Plant Cloner
41bSQcwlOjL_SS400_.jpg

PowerGrow Cloner - 21 Site Plant Cloning Machine & Propagator
51tPuPeSEsL_SS400_.jpg

I have one made home made. If you cannot or do not wish to self -create these, buy one of these! The one I have used (the home made had a few more sprayers in the piping), but it was so successful, I used root stim in the water. Big beautiful roots within a week and the plants will start new top growth in a few weeks . I did not have them covered and I used 1 cfb white 5500k in a light hood (like a chicken brooder lamp lowes). A tight fitting lid prevented leaks and evaporation. They did NOT need much tending. They did not need hardly any addition of water after the first filling. Man, I use this to clone everything from tomatoes to coleus to any herb! I will try to find a site that has directions for making yourself..
I wish you much success with cloning, Once you master it you will be very happy. ANd keep the lovely plant gene you love going on.
happiness...
Fin

NACnCO,
I looked around on You tube and other forums but they make it very difficult or at least more complicated than it needs to be. If you look at the photos of the power cloner 21 you can see how simple it is and very easy to replicate and just add more PVC piping and joints to make more sprayers , or more holes and sprayers.
As BillC says you can just set it up and forget it. Close to 100% success.
Good luck in your growing.
fin

KISS! Heat pad, clone tray, florecent light.. fan and air flow.. use rock wool cloning cubes fill the tray of water till its a half way up the cubes... and keep a air stone stone going 24/7.. just change the water out every two days and every for days use a touch of rooting hormone in the water.. "hans" cloning methond! If you like to shop and spend money for the sake of spending money buy an EZ cloner..

If your going to be gone for 4 days at a time plant your clones in 4inch rock wool and double the water in the tray. I personal don't think hydro growing is the way to go if your going to be away from your plants 4 days at time. Growing in soil is less risky if your not keeping an eye on the babies every day!

I use the Clone Kit and have near 100% success. It comes with everything you need to clone except the mother plant. From cutting to roots in about 2 1/2 weeks. About $70

KISS! Heat pad, clone tray, florecent light.. fan and air flow.. use rock wool cloning cubes fill the tray of water till its a half way up the cubes... and keep a air stone stone going 24/7.. just change the water out every two days and every for days use a touch of rooting hormone in the water.. "hans" cloning methond! If you like to shop and spend money for the sake of spending money buy an EZ cloner..

can you recommend more reading material on the hans cloning method
I am new and dont understand how you use the air stone
I have been growing vegi seeds and have everything allready, except I dont understand the watering system here

Back
Top Bottom