Need to find sex as soon as possible from clones...

berrydizzle

Ok, so here is my situation. I have 11 clones I have taken from vegging plants. I want to determine their sex, so I can cut the male vegging plants down and take as many clones from the females for my next run. They have been rooting under 24 hrs floro light for 9 days now, and all of them are showing signs of rooting(yellowing tips). Can I go ahead and throw them under my 1000Hps on 12/12, in the corner of the room so they will go ahead and start showing sex, and far away from the light so it is not too intense. Or should I wait for them to root and then flower them after I have seen that they are showing signs of growth?

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ok, well I just checked the clones...4 of the 11 have rooted through the bottom of the rockwool. I just put them in 4 inch pots with soil and will throw them under 12/12 today. I guess I will do that with the rest of them as they root. 3 of the first 4 to root were my own WRxBB cross, and one was a BB. Lets hope for some females!!

I have now actually just put a timer on the floros over the clones, its on 12/12, so even the clones that have not shown roots will start to flower. I figure I just put them in soil as they root. I will definately be revegging the females, but I will also have their mothers to take clones from. I cant wait to see how this turns out.

Take care when mixing that soil, and you can up your chances of females drastically. Actually with clones it won;t matter, never mind ;-)

Actually since they are clones of un-sexied seedlings,
keep the N high for a week or better
and you may get more female clones than mothers.

If the High N before and first week of flowering rule/opinion holds true.

I have taken one clone from each plant(from seed) that I have vegging right now. 11 clones total. 3 WCF, 4 WRxBB and 4 WR plants from seed. All 4 WRxBB have been put in 4 inch pots, they have all rooted. 2 more are in pots as well. I am trying to determine the sex of the parent plants and then will take numerous clones off of the females, after the clones show their sex. Make more sense now?

All clones have been on 12/12 light cycle since yesterday. How long till they show sex??

I understand what you are trying to accomplish, but I have always been able to sex my plants using preflowers that are distinguishable anytime between 4 and 6 weeks of veg.

Hopefully after seeing what the plants sexes are, I will be able to see the pre-flowers for future reference. I just dont want to flower 5 male clones on accident instead of females, its not worth the time.

One of the clones, WR, plant #5 has shown that it is a male. 1 down, 10 more to go. i will be hacking him down.

Back
Top Bottom