Need to save a strain late in flower

Helpaguyout

So i have a bluberry strain thats over 15 years old myself and 1 other person have it but all his died off leaving only 1 i have but..... Its in the last couple of weeks flower can i clone it or whold it be better to harvest it and reveg whats the chances of saving it
Cheers all

Ill take as meny cuts from the bottem as possable them
But Do i then clip each bud off then or trim away till there only leaves left

Take everything off just like you described so that only the leaves are left. Any buds that are kept on will draw available nutrients from the stem and leaves. Instead of using those nutrients to start producing roots the plant will use them to continue to try ripening the flower buds.

As Stoned Ape brings up the later in flower the more your odds drop that you will get any cuttings to root. All you can do is try.

Take everything off just like you described so that only the leaves are left. Any buds that are kept on will draw available nutrients from the stem and leaves. Instead of using those nutrients to start producing roots the plant will use them to continue to try ripening the flower buds.

As Stoned Ape brings up the later in flower the more your odds drop that you will get any cuttings to root. All you can do is try.
Whatbif i was to clip buds off and then put back on to 24/0

Definitely clip any buds off. I have let a few plants go back to the vegetating stage but I just put them in a corner out of the way of the rest of the plants and water them when necessary. Otherwise I ignore them since the process of going back to veg can take up to 6 weeks and maybe a bit more. However, those were mature plants and and not cuttings.

What I feel will make your attempt a bit harder is that you want the cutting to do two things, re-vegetate and and start to grow a healthy root system.

As to the 24 hours a day of lights, I do not know. Maybe someone else will be have some thoughts on that.

definitely do both. think the reveg might be the best bet though. get all the buds off it before going back to 24-0 or 18-6. it's gonna be a tough slog.

Whichever you end up trying - reveg or cut from flower, you will end up with some pretty funky growth for a long time
Cuts from flowering plants don't root easily and tend to branch excessively, so reveg is probably a better bet, or try both simultaneously and see what sticks

Back
Top Bottom