Need Ventilation advice

Wolfbuddie

I am in the process of building a 2'X2'X5' Grow cabinet. I have it framed out and I am about to put the sides on. I was going to cut 3 small 2" holes about 4" up from the bottom of the box for the passive air inlets and then cut one 6" hole for an in-line fan and carbon filter for an outlet. My question is, how do I cover the intake holes to make the box light proof for flowering without restricting the air flow? I will be using 4 ft flourescents on 3 sides and a few hanging CFLs so heat should not be a big problem.

Any help would be appreciated!! :thanks:

You will not be able to make the holes 100% light proof, just cove holes with a breathable
dark coloured material.

When u switch to flowering just make sure the room yr cabinets in is dark during the time you lights are off if that possible.

This is going to be hard to describe...

You can make light dampeners by having vent tubing inserted in the holes. Put a 90 degree bend on either side of the wall & have the edge of the tube extend a few inches below the bottom of the hole cutout. You will be minimizing any direct light as it will be required to reflect off several surfaces b4 getting into the box, if it will at all.

To help with idea, use tubing with black interior lining to further reduce reflection. Place a black cloth around the outer part of the tubing, though not restricting the air flow to block even more light. Combined, no real light, if any, will get in.

Can you picture this? Best.

Use 90 degree black pvc elbows, after about 2 or 3 turns you'll cancel the light from hitting inside your box, but keeping the room dark if possible always helps too!

Just remember the more turns you put in the supply pipe or the exhaust pipe for that matter the more noise you will induce.
Straight flow=less noise
add one turn to it=noise
More turns=more noise
Etc.

Back
Top Bottom