Needing guidance with making RSO / Rick Simpson Oil in the UK

Hotplates are good Chaisha. What I do basically (this is the end of a long process lol) is crank the hotplate up to boil the ethanol. The ethanol will evaporate (boil) at about 74 deg C. Add a few drops of water. When the ethanol is pretty much all gone, bubbles will disappear and the temperature of the liquid will rise rapidly. Turn your hotplate down to 110 deg C. Use a digital thermometer. Never let the material go hotter than 120 deg C. After an hour at 110 deg C your oil will be decarboxylated if you're into that, or just leave it at 110 deg C for a little while if you plan to vape it.

Search for "Food grade IPA 99.9 % on eBay. Shiny hardware. That's the ISO I use. We don't have everclear in the UK but you can get Spirytus. Trouble is, it's so expensive. I've used ISO for years without any issues.

Freeze ya green freeze the ISO mix together 30 seconds for shatter and 5 mins or oil pour trough a 30 to 50 micron filter leave to evaporate or use heat to do it quicker easy peasy that's what I do anyways I'm from uk

Thank you GoneMad for responding and for your help! (I don't know how to reply directly, still new to this haha sorry!)
I had read mixed reviews on using isopropyl alcohol, a lot of articles saying that using any alcohol that isn't suitable for human consumption should never be used for RSO, incase any of the solvent is left over within the oil? As I'm totally new to the making process am a bit worried I'd end up doing that in error? Thank you all the same though and if you know of anything else let me know : )!
Rick Simpson uses Isopropyl alcohol. It has to be 99% tho. He says benzine is best. A solvent that will totally evaporate from your finger after dipped into it in 30-45 seconds is acceptable according to Rick Simpson. Check out his YouTube video. He discuss the solvent you can use. He actually doesn't use everclear.

Hi! I was wondering if you ended up making the oil and how it went ? I am going to produce the oil myself this Friday for my father with cancer. I have all the supplies but am still nervous. Would love to hear how your experience was and how it turned out. What solvent did you end up using ?

Hi, I apologize if I'm not posting in the correct area. I am still new at navigating this site.
I am hoping someone can give me some advice ? I made he oil for the first time yesterday I was concerned that the alcohol hadn't completely been boiled off. When it was at about 2 inches I added 10 drops of water and did the swirling. My rice cooker has a cook and warm setting. The only time it switched to warm was after I picked up the pot and set it back in there bc there wasn't much weight. I then transferred to a steel cup on a candle warmer. I checked the temps the whole time and it never got above 150-200 in the rice cooker and was lower than that on the warmer. I kept it on the warmer for about an hour or so but the bubbling never stopped but alcohol smell was less and less.I then put in oven at 250f for about another hour. When I would take it out there was still some bubbling. Wouldn't it still bubble if it's that hot? I ended up putting them in the Syringes and got about 5 1/2 10 mg full. I used a lb of flower to begin with. I am still worried all of the alcohol didn't evaporate. Any advice on how I could know would be great. I know I already have them in syringes but if there's something else I can do,please share with me. I planned to start my father on it Tuesday morning when I get to TN where he is, but don't want him to get sick from the alcohol. Thank you so so much for any help you can provide!

I've made oil using this method and it's pretty simple and effective. I used 99% ISO. Takes a while to evaporate the alcohol but be patient and don't rush it. Also make sure you evaporate on a hot plate and not an open flame. The best I've used is a 3D printer bed as you can set an exact temperature. :)

Thank you for your help Blue281! The printer bed sounds like a great idea! This was my first time making it yesterday. I just made another post a minute ago with questions about the alcohol evaporating. If you're able to give me your input there I would be so grateful!! :)

Yes the printer bed works a treat :D. By the sounds of how long you cooked it for and the temperature I can imagine it is evaporated. I know you can check by taking a small dot of your RHO and see if it lights, but this will only show if there's still high amount of alcohol in it. Also alcohol should evaporate off at 158F so if you were to get it to that temperature it shouldn't bubble at all if the alcohol has gone.

Back
Top Bottom