Neikodog's High Brix Sativas

In Cali I see a ton of marketing with pot that some of you may not get in other places e.g. things like pre/post workout (jesus), sleep cartridges, arousal cartridges, study/ focus, etc. - this is the type of shit I see Phylos going after... massive marketing plays for the “new” consumer with “scientifically” backed data. That along with the promise to investors to dial in genetics for commercial scale growing that will ensure consistency across every seed with very specific traits in mind. But like conradino alluded to, marketing pitches and execution are two very different things and won’t happen overnight.

If you think about Gorilla Glue #4 for a second, that was/ is really a strain designed for commercial growing... but a lot of people ended up liking it quite a bit. So it’s possible the same will happen with some of what Phylos produces in the future - never know, they may not become the enemy.

Phylos will be around, but it won’t affect us that much. Especially in the US, we’re too far gone and as long as capitalism exists no ones owning cannabis, some players will just be bigger than others. Think beer, wine, liquor.

I went to a rev shop in SF that was like an Apple store for ppl who had never tried pot. Everything was in these neat little jars, you couldn’t hold/ smell the weed, the store employees knowledge only went as deep as “have you tried blue dream” and everything was quaintly identified as daytime/ nighttime with labels like relax, energize on the front. That’s a store for Phylos weed, and one none of us will likely be shopping in...but a lot of other ppl will be, and that’s OK.

My favorite part of that experience was the joint my buddy bought for $20. LMFAO, so good, it kills me every time. This came in like a 6” tube btw.

9F9732FD-F8B6-4AD0-AFC4-4C33D792C074.jpeg

I’ve beat this horse enough so you won’t hear anymore from me about it. On the Haze topic however, Nigerian Haze is killer if you ever come across it and I’m running eagle Bill right now from Sensi which is all old school (Jaimacan, Thai, Columbian, Mexican). Hasn’t finished flowering yet but so far it has a great old school smell so well see how she smokes in about a month!
I just ordered some Eagle Bill and the Mexican Sativa from Sensi......Looking forward to running them both next year. Also grabbed some of the Destroyer seeds that Graytail loves. I was doing good until recently.

I just ordered some Eagle Bill and the Mexican Sativa from Sensi......Looking forward to running them both next year. Also grabbed some of the Destroyer seeds that Graytail loves. I was doing good until recently.
Haha, me too. I'm waiting on my 2nd Destroyer to break ground. The 1st sprouted and died before busting through the surface.

I relapsed last week with AK Bean Brains. He has a bunch of blueberry x's and something called Vintage Blueberry. Told him to send me 2 packs of his most blueberry flavored cross. Not sure which he chose, But he said he has something for me. Gonna be a surprise in the mail box.

You’ll like it, almost has zero smell for most of the grow outside of stem rubs, and then you’ll start getting wafts come week 5 flower. To me it smells like Mexican Sativa crossed with that “cool” Jack Herer earth scent. I’ll def be able to help you identify phenos during veg just by the leaves if that’s of interest.

I got 4 females out of the 10 regular seeds (lol via a Phylos sex test, sorry everyone, don’t burn me at the stake!). 3 were clearly different so I kept them and culled the 4th. If you draw a straight line from the bottom left to the top right through the 3 colas, those are the different phenos I encountered. Lower left will be the biggest yielder, middle will have the best bag appeal with a ton of shine, upper right is what looked like an all-star in veg but became the weakest in flower.
E2FBCE31-52EB-46D9-9988-46249CB86160.jpeg

lol via a Phylos sex test, sorry everyone, don’t burn me at the stake!

:rofl::rofl: I think you’re safe here! Strain sounds interesting! I’ll have to slide over and check it out :thumb:

@neikodog - while cruising Aces website, I noticed several of the landrace strains with “phylos certified” stamps. But I don’t seem to see (m)any on the crosses/hybrids. I’d be curious to know what Dubi’s opinion is on the Phylos subject, if he was willing to share it with you obviously.

Since we are talking about different strains here, I’d really like to find a great Hawaiian strain. Any help would be most appreciated!

Yeah, me too. Back in HS, we used to get Hawaiian Kona Bud and it was pretty much the highest quality weed you could get. Better than Skunk and Northern lights but that was when I was a punk teenager so take it with a grain of salt. Grams in aluminum foil for 10 bones.

:rofl::rofl: I think you’re safe here! Strain sounds interesting! I’ll have to slide over and check it out :thumb:

@neikodog - while cruising Aces website, I noticed several of the landrace strains with “phylos certified” stamps. But I don’t seem to see (m)any on the crosses/hybrids. I’d be curious to know what Dubi’s opinion is on the Phylos subject, if he was willing to share it with you obviously.

I don't think ACE sends in their hybrids for analysis. I think they just wanted their land races mapped out. I'd be interested in hearing what they think too. I'll send Dubi an email and ask him.

Ok @Pjs420 I got a response back from Dubi about the Phylos Galaxy. Here is the part of his response to me about the Galaxy:

Hi Neiko,

Yes, i'm aware about the Phylos controversy ....
honestly i don't know what to think yet .... controversy is still to hot to have a final opinion about it .... i prefer to let the things calm down a bit .... as far as of now i have decided not to submit more genetic samples to them until the situation is more clear.. definitely i don't want to see ACE genetics patented by others.

Bringing this up here because we talked about it for a while in this journal. A friend told me he was talking to a friend in Key West (yes a friend of a friend, ha) who said he just got 2 zips of nice golf ball sized nugs in glass jars with rx labels delivered for $68! How is that even possible? I said that doesn't sound right, there is no way to make money at that price. He said, "growing weed is easy." I bit my tongue. Another buddy of mine was offering zips for $170! That's as low as I've heard around here. Also assuming my buddy marked it up a bit. Still, I said no thanks, ha!

:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom