Neikodog's High Brix Sativas

Florida just became legal for flower. Up until a month, or so, ago, all the dispensaries carried were vape cartridges, sublinqual drops, and topicals. My guess is that is that your friend got some 4/20 special, or grand opening special, or some other promotion at that price. The dispensaries, right now, are getting $300/oz and prices on "the street" are still around $350-$360/oz for the "good stuff". though, I expect that will decrease dramatically now that flower is legal.

Good that prices are dropping but $34 per zip seems extremely low. Why would anyone get into that business? Doesn't seem like you could make money off that.

Makes sense Krip about the special but my buddy said his buddy could get 3 more this month, that's 5 zips per month. I can't really follow up but can probably chalk this up to the old grapevine effect....

Good that prices are dropping but $34 per zip seems extremely low. Why would anyone get into that business? Doesn't seem like you could make money off that.

Makes sense Krip about the special but my buddy said his buddy could get 3 more this month, that's 5 zips per month. I can't really follow up but can probably chalk this up to the old grapevine effect....
I wonder if there's some sort of insurance coverage involved? I can't imagine insurance would pay for it, but, yeah, $34/zip is pretty unheard of, or, at least I never heard of it! :laugh:

Yeah the prices are just going to continue to fall here as the recreational market gets ramped up. You'll only be profitable if you have a large grow operation.

Yep. We're seeing precipitous price drops here. Oregon has a massive oversupply that is finding its way across state lines as well.

But the High Brix products are still getting high prices, cuz there's nothing like them out there.

The more the "legal" market gyrates into a crony market, the happier I am that we can empower ourselves to grow far better product at home.

Sounds like the deal he got was old inventory or something and, like Krip said, maybe a promotion for 4/20 or grand opening of a dispo.
The guys I know in my old state that slang are getting out of the game because all the produce being shipped from the northwest is more abundant and cheaper. They can’t compete.

When prices are that cheap, someone is dumping it, and there are a whole bunch of possibilities why someone would do that.

I’d be awfully suspicious of cannabis sold that cheap.

In this changing competitive market, I think our High brix has the capability to hold its own, especially if cheaper than the dispensary, which is easy. You just have to find the prospective clientele.

Around my way bud used to be as high as $400 a zip for really good bud. I was happy as hell to be getting Cali weed for $300 a zip and then I was happy to be getting outdoor for that too. I have heard of shops around here selling good weed for $160 an ounce and even heard that one was having a 4/20 special where they were selling quarters for $4.20, that is $16.80 a zip! But almost every one is growing around here now so the prices have dropped real hard in the last couple of years. It was not that long ago that $200 an ounce was considered cheap.... I know people that grow outside and they expect to get about $1000 a pound at most.

It is scary what people are letting it go for. I know people that used to buy commercial weed for $1800 a pound. You cannot even get that for outdoor that people used to spend $250-$350 and ounce for. I have seen how hard the outdoor gardeners work too and with shit weather in Oct every year it can be hard to pull a few pounds. After working all summer long to make that happen at $400-$1000/pound what is the point?

I hear you about the prices. Here it’s still illegal, so prices of good shit are high, but you can get cheap crap if you want, no problem!

I think on a legal market the only way for you to keep the price up is work out your way into proper craft brand.

I don’t think you’ll be able to maintain your customer base much longer without serious investment.

After the gates were open the average consumer has been free to look for the price that seems right and those who look for the quality first need to know it’s still there... and that means you have to start advertising, cause otherwise you’re gonna be left behind.

I don’t think that those ones who can’t make the leap will survive for much longer. I know this might sound harsh, but I’m trying to look at it from a business perspective.

Happy Sunday gang. It's been a few weeks since I've done an update. Everything is cruising along.

Sensi Star tall pheno Day 49

Sensi Star compact pheno Day 14

Tangie OG x Malawi Day 14

Panama x A5 Haze Tester Day 49

Thai Chi Day 49

Back
Top Bottom