Neiko's High Brix Garden Powered By NextLight

It doesn't surprise me you found that in the old haze plants. These genetics came from Oldtimer1 (ACE's Oldtimers Haze) and were the building blocks of the skunk strain, even before Sam the Skunkman got involved. This all according to the breeder of these skunk beans. He aquired these beans directly from Oldtimer and they are from the 70's. I've seen some incredible plants coming from these seeds.
Excellent. Thanks for that! Exciting genetics to have in your hands and garden. Feel lucky just to be watching it ☺
:popcorn:

Excellent. Thanks for that! Exciting genetics to have in your hands and garden. Feel lucky just to be watching it ☺
:popcorn:
I get more excited for the old genetics than I do the latest and greatest frost monster. Speaking of frost monsters, I tried the Supreme Grapes, although it has only been drying for 3 days (at time of test) it was OK. I'm not passing any judgement yet but usually when I try a strain that early I'm overly excited about it. You get all those terps that evaporate away and the effects are usually off the charts. This one was just OK. The wife really liked it and I imagine most people will find it good. The jury is still out for me.

So what is in the pheno hunters packs anyway? Is it still skunk?
Yep it was produced with multiple males as opposed to the S lines who used 3 different males. There will be more variety in the pheno hunters pack. The S lines won't have any "sweet" skunk where in the pheno hunters pack you could get road kill to pineapple terps. The S-2 line will produce the road kill skunk and pure skunk smells. I think the S-3 line is more on the sativa side. I can't remember all the descriptions off the top of my head.
I'm starting with the Pheno hunter pack and ween was doing the S-2 line.

I am so curious about the beefing and who is actually telling the truth! Not invested at all in any of it, but can't help but be interested how it plays out.

Listening to the potcast....Matt Riot seems to have some credibility there, and his stuff seems to sell out pretty quick at super expensive prices.

I don't know much about the blue skies guy. Does he actually have credibility? His Insta account only goes back to last summer......I just see some of what goes down on Instagram.

All caught up again Neiko......great looking plants bud! Hope the Supreme Grapes turns out to be a winner for you! The Paki looks amazing! Some exciting new stuff popping over here!! :popcorn: :high-five:

I am so curious about the beefing and who is actually telling the truth! Not invested at all in any of it, but can't help but be interested how it plays out.

Listening to the potcast....Matt Riot seems to have some credibility there, and his stuff seems to sell out pretty quick at super expensive prices.

I don't know much about the blue skies guy. Does he actually have credibility? His Insta account only goes back to last summer......I just see some of what goes down on Instagram.

I have seen a lot of skepticism surrounding blue skies. A lot of people that have been growing for decades are having a hard time believing that someone no one has ever heard of just so happened to get parental stock to skunk lines from old timer. That being said, I am waiting to see what people I trust find in his gear before I pass judgement. I would not have spent my money on them with them not being proven, but I am glad there are others that were willing to take the dive!

On the other side of that I have seen lots of bad be said about Riot as well. He has been the center of a good amount of breeder drama. Why I am not so sure. I just see people say negative about him but I have not really seen an explanation for why. If I have I have forgotten what it was.

So all on all it is hard to say who is more credible and I do not even know what the current issue is. The last bit of breeder drama I have seen centers around Barney's Farm. they have apparently dropped "new" strains recently claiming that they bred them out. The strains being Mimosa (a Symbiotic Genetics strain) and Wedding Cake (a seedjunky strain). Both of these strains have been around and wildly popular for a couple of years anyways. All Barney's did was self a cut of each and release them as fems, yet they are claiming the strains as their own creations.

I have seen a lot of skepticism surrounding blue skies. A lot of people that have been growing for decades are having a hard time believing that someone no one has ever heard of just so happened to get parental stock to skunk lines from old timer. That being said, I am waiting to see what people I trust find in his gear before I pass judgement. I would not have spent my money on them with them not being proven, but I am glad there are others that were willing to take the dive!

On the other side of that I have seen lots of bad be said about Riot as well. He has been the center of a good amount of breeder drama. Why I am not so sure. I just see people say negative about him but I have not really seen an explanation for why. If I have I have forgotten what it was.

So all on all it is hard to say who is more credible and I do not even know what the current issue is. The last bit of breeder drama I have seen centers around Barney's Farm. they have apparently dropped "new" strains recently claiming that they bred them out. The strains being Mimosa (a Symbiotic Genetics strain) and Wedding Cake (a seedjunky strain). Both of these strains have been around and wildly popular for a couple of years anyways. All Barney's did was self a cut of each and release them as fems, yet they are claiming the strains as their own creations.
I don't follow all the breeders and their drama. I was directed to blueskies by Katsu. I trust his work. Blueskies supposedly has a personal connection to oldtimer. The people posting pics of blueskies's plants look legit and the reported terpene profiles are pretty constitant from grower to grower. We'll find out soon enough.

I do not really follow the drama it just tends to pop up in my time line. The biggest reason i pay attention to any of it is because you can see what kind of people some of these breeders are and it helps me figure out who to support. I do not just go off of the he said she said part of it, but see how the breeders respond and see how many people come forward with shitty things to say. If they are all randoms then I do not put much stock in it. but if there are people I talk to that have been above board with me that have accounts of the breeder being a shit bag or it being documented in some verifiable way i will trust the sources enough to at least stay away until things.

That is sweet that Katsu pointed you towards Blueskies. It is good to have someone reputable vouch for him. I do think there is some jealousy directed towards him due to him claiming to have the legit stock. I now there are many that have been chasing the real deal RKS for decades at this point. Some even trying to breed their own versions of it with little to no success. As stated I am watching you folks on the mag grow them out with the highest hopes that yoou find somethign special within his gear.

Yup....seen lots on both sides. Riot has tons of stuff going on with drama. It a
I do not really follow the drama it just tends to pop up in my time line. The biggest reason i pay attention to any of it is because you can see what kind of people some of these breeders are and it helps me figure out who to support. I do not just go off of the he said she said part of it, but see how the breeders respond and see how many people come forward with shitty things to say. If they are all randoms then I do not put much stock in it. but if there are people I talk to that have been above board with me that have accounts of the breeder being a shit bag or it being documented in some verifiable way i will trust the sources enough to at least stay away until things.

That is sweet that Katsu pointed you towards Blueskies. It is good to have someone reputable vouch for him. I do think there is some jealousy directed towards him due to him claiming to have the legit stock. I now there are many that have been chasing the real deal RKS for decades at this point. Some even trying to breed their own versions of it with little to no success. As stated I am watching you folks on the mag grow them out with the highest hopes that yoou find somethign special within his gear.
For real....there has been a major hunt for the RKS and whoever finds it first is cashing in on that. I really don't care either way, but that behavior is just nonsense :rofl: I mean....if you have what you say, why participate in childish online games? Offering free seeds for people to repost an insult and tag the person your beefing with? It's kind of funny I guess.....:hmmmm: I think there are a lot of people waiting to hear the story of how and why these are just getting out and Matt is an easy person to pick a beef with cause he has a huge past with drama. Just "google his name" and there are pages and pages of negative stuff on him. If it is oldtimer1's seedstock why not just be a cool guy about it and let that speak for itself? I can understand why there's suspicion from the community. Even if it is legit seeds, there has been plenty of sketchy stories of people acquiring stuff in unfair trades or thefts.

So much faith goes into it as a buyer. I really like listening to them speak cause you can get a better sense of what they are about. There was someone on the potcast that answered the question "do you think people should bother looking at landrace genetics over the modern stuff" and he was like....don't bother with landrace stuff, just keep working on our stuff and make it better.....that turns me off on thier product and their work in general. Hearing about how some people go about thier business can change everything about how desirable their product is. Lame behavior on social media has the exact same affect, except the loudest people are the ones getting heard and drowning out a huge portion of the market.

Back
Top Bottom