Neiko's High Brix Garden Powered By NextLight

Hi neikodog,
Just been skim reading through your journal, will have a proper read through today, going to hang about and see what materialises out of the rks if that's cool?

Also seen your having issues with water. Is this because of clorine/chloromide? Can you not use a neutralise product?
Welcome farmer, glad to have ya. My well water is too hard to use. I get about 100% of my water from my AC and dehumidifier but during the winter/early spring the RH is too low to produce much water so I buy 2.5 gallon jugs to get me through. All the grocery stores are constantly sold out of those jugs and even if they get some in they limit the purchase to 3. I got rid of all my flowering plants except 2 (Sour Bubba and Black Cherry Bop). I may take a trip into a different city and see if I can find some water to hold me over. I want to pop more of the skunk beans as well. I'm looking to clone a few veg plants then kill the mothers and then pop a lot of those beans. I want to run the strawberry haze x skunks as well.

Welcome farmer, glad to have ya. My well water is too hard to use. I get about 100% of my water from my AC and dehumidifier but during the winter/early spring the RH is too low to produce much water so I buy 2.5 gallon jugs to get me through. All the grocery stores are constantly sold out of those jugs and even if they get some in they limit the purchase to 3. I got rid of all my flowering plants except 2 (Sour Bubba and Black Cherry Bop). I may take a trip into a different city and see if I can find some water to hold me over. I want to pop more of the skunk beans as well. I'm looking to clone a few veg plants then kill the mothers and then pop a lot of those beans. I want to run the strawberry haze x skunks as well.
What a nightmare! maybe distilling your own water could be a option?
Will be intresting to see them, I'm currently in two minds whether to make a purchase with him.

What a nightmare! maybe distilling your own water could be a option?
Will be intresting to see them, I'm currently in two minds whether to make a purchase with him.
I get it, he can be a little abrasive to say the least but the plants I've seen coming from his seed stock have been pretty impressive and there are quite a few different growers showcasing them and they've all been as described. For what we spent on those seeds I think it's worth it to give them a try.

Heart breaking to hear about your culling, nobody ever wants to kill a flowering cannabis plant... well... an unfinished, flowering cannabis plant.

glad to hear you kept the Sour Bubba around. My SB is coming up on the end of week 5, I know yours is a good bit ahead of mine. How’s she lookin’?

Heart breaking to hear about your culling, nobody ever wants to kill a flowering cannabis plant... well... an unfinished, flowering cannabis plant.

glad to hear you kept the Sour Bubba around. My SB is coming up on the end of week 5, I know yours is a good bit ahead of mine. How’s she lookin’?
Mine finished week 5 yesterday. She definitely looks like a bubba plant. Here she is at day 36 from flip.

Your bubble looks to die for. I just want to take a bite of that top bud like a corn cob :drool:

Im not sure exactly by those pics, but I think yours has a lot more leaf finger overlap. i think (hope) mine is a tad more Sour D. Check her out

She looks more narrow fingered right?

Thank you for confirming what I was hoping for all this time. This means some very happy things for me. Namely that I’ve probably got my keeper here.. and also my Star Pupil x Sour Bubba that Im working on is gonna have some very interesting potential.

There's so many great strains to run. I really want to pull the trigger on the new Katsu original OG crosses too. I'm still not sold on mass medical strains. I've run GDPupil and Deadly Sativa, neither one really did it for me but others liked them. I like his philosophy and his breeding goals I just haven't found one that lit me up. I have Lambs Pupil and Heavenly Sativa to run still but they keep getting bumped. The colab between Katsu and MMS looks like there will be some fire in those beans. Hopefully you get a good one.

I can understand what you mean. If you’re looking for super heady effects that blow you away, the star pupil isn’t exactly that. That’s sort of what I’m hoping to inject with the Sour cross, the Grandpa Glue also, maybe more so, has that potential.

I can understand what you mean. If you’re looking for super heady effects that blow you away, the star pupil isn’t exactly that. That’s sort of what I’m hoping to inject with the Sour cross, the Grandpa Glue also, maybe more so, has that potential.
I ran the grampa glue and it's a really nice strain. I just get bored with gorilla glue after smoking it a few times. It tastes good but the buzz is a little muddy for my liking. The wife really likes it but I think she's moved on for now. She'll circle back around to it. I think the Supreme Grapes has replaced the GG for her.

The GDPupil I had was the only bud I grew and had 2 different people complain it was not nearly as strong as my usual. I dropped it for that reason and never looked back at Mass Medical. I grew out Chupil also which was Cheese x Star Pupil. That stuff was purple and I did not like the smell or flavor at all. Star Pupil stuff is not for me.

Fair enough. My experience with sharing my star pupil has been the opposite. All of my buddies I’ve shared with have really enjoyed the effects. Just goes to show there’s no accounting for taste.

Fair enough. My experience with sharing my star pupil has been the opposite. All of my buddies I’ve shared with have really enjoyed the effects. Just goes to show there’s no accounting for taste.
Full disclosure I do not like purple weed usually. I like the Tropicana Cookies cut I have ,but even then I have several cuts I like more. And the Tropicana only hit 18% when I pressed it. Everything I press hits over 20%. GMO hit 31%. I have just found purple stuff usually lacks potency. And most has a floral, earthy, lavender flavor going that are not my favorite. I like super fruity, or super dank. Not too much in the middle. I don't like Root Beer or Dr. Pepper, or watermelon either, so I won't deny I am probably the odd guy here with flavor preferences. I listened to a Potcast with Mass Medical and he seems like a cool guy, and I wish him nothing ,but success.

The GDPupil I had was the only bud I grew and had 2 different people complain it was not nearly as strong as my usual. I dropped it for that reason and never looked back at Mass Medical. I grew out Chupil also which was Cheese x Star Pupil. That stuff was purple and I did not like the smell or flavor at all. Star Pupil stuff is not for me.

It was your cut of GDPupil that @neikodog and @TheGreenYeti had. Have to agree is was okay but not an keeper by far.

Full disclosure I do not like purple weed usually. I like the Tropicana Cookies cut I have ,but even then I have several cuts I like more. And the Tropicana only hit 18% when I pressed it. Everything I press hits over 20%. GMO hit 31%. I have just found purple stuff usually lacks potency. And most has a floral, earthy, lavender flavor going that are not my favorite. I like super fruity, or super dank. Not too much in the middle. I don't like Root Beer or Dr. Pepper, or watermelon either, so I won't deny I am probably the odd guy here with flavor preferences. I listened to a Potcast with Mass Medical and he seems like a cool guy, and I wish him nothing ,but success.

That Trop Cookies is looking nice, but so are the rest. Still a ways to go and waiting to see how they develop.

How are you heating your flower room? When I switched to using my mini split to heat at night and started running a dedicated dehumidifier to recoup moisture my capture increased quite a bit. When my mini split heats, it raises the RH in the room into the 80s without anything drawing the moisture out. I can pull 4-5 gallons out of the air a day this way.

It was your cut of GDPupil that @neikodog and @TheGreenYeti had. Have to agree is was okay but not an keeper by far.

That Trop Cookies is looking nice, but so are the rest. Still a ways to go and waiting to see how they develop.
Yes, I thought it was the same cut. That was back when I sent you the Warbird I think. The Trop is 10 out of 10 on bag appeal. Just low return on pressing. I only pressed it once though.

Yes, I thought it was the same cut. That was back when I sent you the Warbird I think. The Trop is 10 out of 10 on bag appeal. Just low return on pressing. I only pressed it once though.
Mochi is looking and starting to smell very nice.
The White is starting to develop how do I describe it, perhaps a lemon lime green funk smell to it. You flowered this one out didn't you? How would you describe it?

How are you heating your flower room? When I switched to using my mini split to heat at night and started running a dedicated dehumidifier to recoup moisture my capture increased quite a bit. When my mini split heats, it raises the RH in the room into the 80s without anything drawing the moisture out. I can pull 4-5 gallons out of the air a day this way.
I don't heat my room. I have my veg plants in the same room as my flowering tents. The veg lights stay on 5 hours longer than the flowering lights so they provide some heat. In the winter the coldest the room gets is about 65. I will pull 3-5 gallons a day in the summer but it takes about a week to fill a 5 gallon bucket in the winter even when I run the humidifier full blast.

Mochi is looking and starting to smell very nice.
The White is starting to develop how do I describe it, perhaps a lemon lime green funk smell to it. You flowered this one out didn't you? How would you describe it?
It's fruity for sure. Like a light melon with lemon maybe. Hard to describe. I have not grown a plant with it's exact terpene combination, so definitely unique in that regard.

Back
Top Bottom