Nemysys' - Multi-Strain Aeroflo Grow

Nemysys

Nemysys' - Multi-Strain Aeroflo Grow - 1000W - Hydro
What strain is it?

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
?

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Veg.

If in Veg... For how long?
Just started.

Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor.
2 4x8x7 Tents.
One for 18/6 veg
one for 12/12

Soil or Hydro?
Hydro. Areoflo2

Size of light?
1 400w MH in veg room
2 1000w HPS(new) — the ballast adjusts at 600w-750w-1000w-1150w in 12/12

Is it aircooled?
Yes. Shielded hood, 6" inline fan.

Temp of Room?
76F

RH of Room?
56%

PH of res?

Any Pests?
None.

Type and strength of ferts/supplements used?
General Hydroponics Flora series

Bucket Size?
3" net pots

Medium?
Areoponic. Fired clay pellets.

I'm new to growing. I have always loved to smoke, but have not tried growing until recently.

After a strange series of events, I inherited 2 Sun Systems 1000w reflectors, ballasts and bulbs...and rather than let them go to waste..i decided to set up a grow room.

First things first...i filed the proper paperwork, and saw the right doctor to become "legal".....then i got to work...

My background is in industrial engineering and spent way too long in clean rooms fabricating semiconductors, so when it came to indoor gardening, I decided not go with dirt. wanting something "clean" and like you would find in a lab.....after considering my space and budget, i bought 2 4x8x7 grow tents and 2 areoflo2 20 systems.

I will post pictures of my progress...

20151212_082743_1_.jpg
20151212_082432_1_.jpg

this how it is shaping up. one shot is of the 12 12 side...it is set up but empty. no water or power yet.
the other side is just starting, seedlings are peeking through.

12/13/15 Sunday afternoon

The first time to truly sit all week….

The system I have came with nutrients. They are the Flora series… Grow, Micro and Bloom. The directions are on the back of the bottles of how much to mix per gallon. So far I followed the directions of 2.5 ml of each per gallon. I have 14 total gallons so 35 ml each….makes me crazy they swap back and forth this way, stick to one unit grr….

The seedlings I “planted” on 12/8 are starting to emerge in most of the spots. As you can see in the photo the pots that are uncovered are ones that are starting to form. Some of the seedlings look like the leaves are browning on the tips.

20151213_143338_1_.jpg

On 12/11 I went to a friend’s house and she let me take home 2 clones. She called one “Hawaiian” and the other “Headband” I put them each in the last spot of the system. However the Hawaiian didn't like that spot and i put her more in the middle of the row

20151213_143355_1_.jpg

I wanted to pause and talk about the nutrients I am using. Deciding that I didn’t want to “reinvent the wheel” i am following the flora series simple recirculating schedule.

If I look in the book and follow the feed schedule it changes every week and recommends that I flush and reset the system every week. Also, it calls for additional supplements that are not with the kit. They are rapid start, Koolbloom and floralious plus. I went to the local grow shop and after some discussion he gave me 2 30ml bottles of rapid start and 2 floraliious….the bloom I won’t need until week 5.

It’s my intention to transfer the plants in the cups from one room to the other…I have heard there might be an issue with root entanglement…time will tell.

Awesome setup you have going, those girls are going to love their home.

I'll be looking for tips and tricks for my future grows, in sunshine #4 right now, but looking into more advanced systems in the new year.

12/15 Tuesday afternoon
Veg room
Temp:79F RH: 40%

20151215_134512_1_.jpg

Happy 1 week birthday to my seedlings! I am amazed at their development after just 7 days....most of them have grown into full sprouts...

As in following GH feeding schedule, I flushed the system out today, and refilled all the nutrients...I waited about 15 min in between each set of chems so that each was mixed well before adding new...

20151215_134721_1_.jpg

I am worried about my clones, well one of them...she has been wilting since day 1 and now she is starting to look terrible.

Flowering Room

20151215_134258_1_.jpg
20151215_134341_1_.jpg

Not plugged in yet. However I made some progress this week. I added odor control. Hung the filter up in the back corner of the tent, hooked through my lights and up to the fan. apologies for the upside down photos...

20151215_134432_1_.jpg

The fan is "hung" by one of the tent ports and sits on top of the tent and vents out a window.

One day at a time...

The holidays are over... time to get back to life…

I’m now into week 5 with this grow... here’s how we stand.

Veg Room: 18/6
400W color: 4000K
Temp: 86 RH: 31%
PH: 5.1 PPM: 1300

20160103_110537_1_.jpg

the rooms side by side: showing the different colors of light.

20160109_113508_1_.jpg

I currently have 2 mothers to clone from, 4 cloning attempts, and 14 new seedlings. All put in on the 5th.
The mothers were picked up from a friend when I started this project, and they were never intended to move to the 12/12 room.
The cloning attempts were, cleaning a blade with rubbing alcohol and popping the cutting into the net pot. Then filling in clay around it. This leaves the cut in the nutrient water.

The seedlings are from my last outdoor crop that seeded up…as you can imagine, there are tons of them. The problem, as we all know is keeping an eye out for males later on.
The other project I am trying is this little container…. Taking a leaf from one of the mothers, cut it up with cleaned scissors and dropped the clippings into nutrient water. The next step, after letting it sit for a week, is to pour it into soil and see what grows.
I am still following the recommended schedule set out by General Hydroponics. The flora series simple recirculating schedule, but keeping the nutrient level perpetually at “week 3”

Now onto the 12/12 side
2 1000w color: 2000k
Temp: 72 RH: 30%
PH: 5.8 PPM: 1610

20160109_113609_1_.jpg

These were transferred over on 1/5 they sat in the veg room for an extra week because I thought they were too small still to transfer….well that and the room wasn’t quite ready yet….electricity issues…
I wanted to hire an electrician, but my wife wanted me to do it myself. In the end, I did it all myself except for the final connections… 2 20 amp circuits up to the room. The only work I left for the electrician was the installing the actual fuses and inspecting the rest. Took all of 10 minutes of his time…$80

20160107_163453_1_.jpg

This side is already making me crazy. The plants stated developing brown spots on them, and some were wilting.

After much research, I decided to make a few changes. 1, to lower the water level of the lines by ½ inch. 2 add an air pump and stone. 3, thinking my PH was the issue, as it was sitting at 6.1 so I added a touch of PH down… 30 ml.

Waking up this morning the PH was 3.8…I flipped out and started to drain the system to start fresh at the week 5 levels.

This week I am also excited to be on the lookout for the sex of these plants…

The holidays are over... time to get back to life...

I'm now into week 5 with this grow... here's how we stand.

Veg Room: 18/6
400W color: 4000K
Temp: 86 RH: 31%
PH: 5.1 PPM: 1300

RH is low for veg, no?

20160107_163453_1_.jpg

This side is already making me crazy. The plants stated developing brown spots on them, and some were wilting.

That looks like a nutrient spill to me.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom