Nepalese Highland x Indian Himalayan - Indoor - LED - Organic - Soil

Some seeds take a while to germ. It can take up to 10 days. Did you just throw them in the soil or did you germ them with paper towel method first?

I prefer to always plant directly to medium and out of all my seeds planted, these are the only to not pop using this method.

OG-1_2_Transplant-Day.jpg

OG-1_Transplant-Day.jpg

I decided to stir the pot a bit and added some OG #18 Clones to the mix today! They will share a space with my Nepalese Rocket seedlings, if and when they pop lol

NPR-2_Popped.jpg

NPR-3_Popped.jpg

Vegetative Week 1 Complete

Overall Growth Week:

Vegetative Day(s): 8

Temperature Range: Low - 65*F; High - 86*F; Average - 79*F

Room Humidity: 40%

Feed Composition:

Each seed was given about a cup per day of the following formula until they popped:

Seedling Feeding Recipe: 4 - 2 - 4

>1 teaspoon of CalMag (1 - 0 - 0)
>2 teaspoons of Botanicare Pure Blend Pro: Grow Soil Formula (3 - 2 - 4); Ingredients: Fish Meal, Composted Seabird Guano, Kelp, Rock Phosphate, Potassium Carbonate, Magnesium Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate
>1.5 tablespoon(s) of Organic High Brix Molasses
>2 tablespoon(s) of Organic Cane Sugar
>1 teaspoon of Neem Oil
>1 teaspoon of Plant-Derived Organic French Lavender Dish-Soap as an emulsifier

Product Description of Grow Formula:

Pure Blend® Pro Grow 3-2-4 contains only natural sources of essential major, secondary, and trace minerals from the land and sea that promote vigorous, lush green vegetation in a 100% soluble form. Providing increased nutritional value for developing fruiting, flowering and vegetable plants, Pure Blend Pro Grow is an environmentally friendly alternative to conventional chemical fertilizers.

Formulated for all hydroponics and soil applications.
Suitable for use with all substrates including coco fiber.
100% plant soluble organics for fast absorption.
Essential elements are not derived from harmful chemicals such as urea and ammonia nitrate.
Eliminates the plants exposure (and ultimately the consumer) to toxic heavy metals which can occur as contaminates in chemical fertilizers.
The organic components of Pure Blend Pro enhance uptake and utilization of plant nutrients.
Amplified Metabolic rate and capacity enables plants to produce fruits and vegetables with more minerals and vitamins.

NPR-1_BWK-4.jpg

NPR-1_BWK-4_ALT-1.jpg

NPR-1_BWK-4_ALT-2.jpg

NPR-1_BWK-4_ALT-3.jpg

NPR-1_BWK-4_ALT-4.jpg

NPR-1_BWK-4_ALT-5.jpg

PB-1_Pop-2_5.jpg

PB-2_Pop-2_5.jpg

Hey guys, long time no post! Sorry for the delay, I've had a pretty engaging week.

Updates:

-I swapped my Neem Oil product from Dyna-Grow 100% Neem Oil to Naked Supplements' 100% Organic, Therapeutic-Grade Azadirachta Indica Neem Oil. The smell has been substantially reduced from Pad Thai to mostly the Organic French Lavender emulsifier; it smells so good in my grow space now!

-The two Nepalese Rocket seedlings have been culled; I'm pretty sure that I fried them during my impatience with the grow formula since they didn't pop according to my normal process' time frame. They were too weak after finally coming up, so I decided to change it up a bit more and planted two Platinum Bubba seeds from the Nature Farm in their stead, which are in the above list of pictures. I reverted to only pH balanced water with a dose of Organic Azadirachta Indica Neem Oil and Organic Cane Sugar; the seeds popped at 2.5 days already, which was the time-frame to my previous seed-starting process in the last soil that I used!

-I picked up some new intake ducting filters that are the easiest in the world to attach! Waiting on the others to ship via Amazon but one has already arrived; so easy to put on, they just stretch over your intake nozzle.

-I am still debating on how I should suspend my secondary lamp this week; I picked up a few more light pulleys and I think I may try to shine the additional 250W horizontally or at a 45 degree angle. Does anyone have any thoughts as to replacing the 300W VIPARSPECTRA with one of the 250W's just laying around, since I'm putting up an additional anyway? I thought about it, but the VIPARSPECTRA puts out a unique light that I feel would be better paired with a 250W LEDGLE Bloom LED to provide full spectrum. Then again, the 250W LEDGLE's have separate switches that for Bloom and Vegetative states; I know that these switches can be turned on simultaneously, does anyone know if this means that the 250W LEDGLE's are actually able to put out 250W on both switch panels simultaneously? I imagine that the output per panel would unfortunately be halved when running both sides of the light's LED panel simultaneously, but it would be pretty sick if that wasn't the case! Any input is appreciated regarding this from those who may have experience with this particular scenario.

Bloom Week 3 Complete

Overall Growth Week: 18

Bloom Day(s): 22

Temperature Range: Low - 65*F; High - 88*F; Average - 81*F

Feed Composition:

Feeding Recipe: 2 - 4 - 5

>1-2 teaspoon(s) of Botanicare Pure Blend Pro: Bloom Soil Formula (1 - 4 - 5); Ingredients: Fish meal, composted seabird guano, kelp, amino acids, rock phosphate, potassium carbonate, magnesium carbonate and calcium carbonate.
>2-3 tablespoon(s) of Organic High Brix Molasses
>2-3 tablespoon(s) of Organic Cane Sugar
>1 teaspoon of Organic Neem Oil - Azadirachta Indica***
>1-2 teaspoons of Fermented Plant Juice: Cannabis Plants (Culled in Vegetative Period)
>1-2 teaspoons of Fermented Plant Juice: Cannabis Flowers (Cured Buds)

Man landrace genetics grow so uniquely for sure. That's gonna be some good nice pure sativa herb my friend! Looking real sweet for 22 days into bloom

NPR-1_BWK-4_Complete-ALT.jpg

NPR-1_BWK-4_Complete.jpg

NPR-1_BWK-4_Complete-ALT-2.jpg

Bloom Week 4 Complete

Overall Growth Week: 19

Bloom Day(s): 28

Temperature Range: Low - 61*F; High - 86*F; Average - 79*F

Feed Composition:

Feeding Recipe: 2 - 4 - 5

>1-2 teaspoon(s) of Botanicare Pure Blend Pro: Bloom Soil Formula (1 - 4 - 5); Ingredients: Fish meal, composted seabird guano, kelp, amino acids, rock phosphate, potassium carbonate, magnesium carbonate and calcium carbonate.
>2-3 tablespoon(s) of Organic High Brix Molasses
>2-3 tablespoon(s) of Organic Cane Sugar
>1 teaspoon of Organic Neem Oil - Azadirachta Indica***
>1-2 teaspoons of Fermented Plant Juice: Cannabis Plants (Culled in Vegetative Period)
>1-2 teaspoons of Fermented Plant Juice: Cannabis Flowers (Cured Buds)

Happy Sunday Utopian :) She looks so beautiful & feral, it's amazing. You've got me really wanting to try my hands on a beautiful landrace sativa!

Happy Sunday Utopian :) She looks so beautiful & feral, it's amazing. You've got me really wanting to try my hands on a beautiful landrace sativa!

Happy Sunday Horti! I'm pretty stoked at how far she steps up every week; I'm thinking another 56 days with her, too! Check out Oregon Green Seed, they have an Oaxacan X Iranian Landrace Cross that I just ordered, plus a bunch of other goodies. Great deals on the seeds, too. I have some other goodies on the way this month, too; I picked up some feminized Afghan Kush, feminized Jack Herer and feminized Chemdawg with a freebie Gorilla Glue #2 from Single Seed Centre forever ago and they finally are sending it over.

OG-2_Day-12.jpg

OG-1_Day-12.jpg

OG #18 Clones

Vegetative Day(s): 12

Temperature Range: Low - 61*F; High - 84*F; Average - 77-79*F

Room Humidity: 35-40%

Feed Composition:

Clone Feeding Recipe: 4 - 2 - 4

>2 teaspoons of Botanicare Pure Blend Pro: Grow Soil Formula (3 - 2 - 4); Ingredients: Fish Meal, Composted Seabird Guano, Kelp, Rock Phosphate, Potassium Carbonate, Magnesium Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate
>1 teaspoon of Neem Oil

Funny story, if you notice the tear on the taller clone's fan leaf; my car was in the shop and I had to ride my bike to pick these up. My paper bag tore on the way home and she fell out, luckily within the smaller black plastic bag inside of the paper bag. I ended up tearing this leaf and also losing one of her small colas. The third clone was totally destroyed, which is why I only have two pictured here; the short clone was basically untouched lol. Since I lost one of the clones, I could finally fit the black plastic bag into my backpack and made it home that way; paper let me down so hard that day.

Beyond that, my only update is that their terminal colas have been super-cropped today to stunt their height a bit; they really took off with my feed recipe.

OG-2_Day-12.jpg

OG-1_Day-12.jpg

OG #18 Clones

Vegetative Day(s): 12

Temperature Range: Low - 61*F; High - 84*F; Average - 77-79*F

Room Humidity: 35-40%

Feed Composition:

>1 teaspoon of Neem Oil

Funny story, if you notice the tear on the taller clone's fan leaf; my car was in the shop and I had to ride my bike to pick these up. My paper bag tore on the way home and she fell out, luckily within the smaller black plastic bag inside of the paper bag. I ended up tearing this leaf and also losing one of her small colas. The third clone was totally destroyed, which is why I only have two pictured here; the short clone was basically untouched lol. Since I lost one of the clones, I could finally fit the black plastic bag into my backpack and made it home that way; paper let me down so hard that day.

Beyond that, my only update is that their terminal colas have been super-cropped today to stunt their height a bit; they really took off with my feed recipe.

I'm really digging the angles you managed with your supercropping.

I'm sorry to hear about you losing a clone, and also sorry to hear about you losing one of the small colas. They're still young enough in their lifespan to more than make up for it :) that energy pulled from the roots has to go somewhere, ya know?

I see you mentioned fermented cannabis in your feeding schedule a lot.. I have like 4-5oz of otherwise useless trim. How should I go about processing it to make a compost tea?

I'm really digging the angles you managed with your supercropping.

I'm sorry to hear about you losing a clone, and also sorry to hear about you losing one of the small colas. They're still young enough in their lifespan to more than make up for it :) that energy pulled from the roots has to go somewhere, ya know?

I see you mentioned fermented cannabis in your feeding schedule a lot.. I have like 4-5oz of otherwise useless trim. How should I go about processing it to make a compost tea?

I'm hoping to spiral the terminal colas haha. Yeah I'm not worried, I've done worse to other plants; the clone shop owner told me he would replace it so now I just need to get over there and pick up a free clone! I just hate seeing the damage from it. I use a lot of ingredients that are required in the Korean Natural Farming method; I have a few mutual grower friends that I know from way back when we were kids that do specific ferments, also, so I get in on their deals sometimes. Besides that, I craft the simple things myself for my additional nutrients. I use the Botanicare system as my primary structure and then add the things I like to experiment with around that base; that way I get a reliable product and can test what additional ingredients really improve my plants' growth. The Fermented Plant Juice is a lovely alternative to other sugar/carbohydrate products for plants, but I give mine a shit ton of the purest ingredients that I can find.

Buy organic cane sugar and layer a jar with 1/8 inch of sugar at the bottom, then a layer of trim, then another layer of sugar, another layer of trim, etc; do this until you've fill half of your jar. After you've done this, make the last layer a 1/4 inch of Organic Cane Sugar and then put pressure on the top layer to stamp it down. Seal the mason jar and put it somewhere dark but around 75*F or above for about two weeks, maybe a little more. As the osmotic pressure builds it will pull nutrients from the vegetative material into the sugar; when the sugar breaks down into a liquid that you can see by tilting the jar after two weeks or so, that is your Fermented Plant Juice extract. You can do the same process with buds and other types of plants, also. A way to speed up the breakdown process of the sugar into a liquid, you can add Lacto Bacillus, which is produced with rice fermented in water using another method.

I'm hoping to spiral the terminal colas haha. Yeah I'm not worried, I've done worse to other plants; the clone shop owner told me he would replace it so now I just need to get over there and pick up a free clone! I just hate seeing the damage from it. I use a lot of ingredients that are required in the Korean Natural Farming method; I have a few mutual grower friends that I know from way back when we were kids that do specific ferments, also, so I get in on their deals sometimes. Besides that, I craft the simple things myself for my additional nutrients. I use the Botanicare system as my primary structure and then add the things I like to experiment with around that base; that way I get a reliable product and can test what additional ingredients really improve my plants' growth. The Fermented Plant Juice is a lovely alternative to other sugar/carbohydrate products for plants, but I give mine a shit ton of the purest ingredients that I can find.

Buy organic cane sugar and layer a jar with 1/8 inch of sugar at the bottom, then a layer of trim, then another layer of sugar, another layer of trim, etc; do this until you've fill half of your jar. After you've done this, make the last layer a 1/4 inch of Organic Cane Sugar and then put pressure on the top layer to stamp it down. Seal the mason jar and put it somewhere dark but around 75*F or above for about two weeks, maybe a little more. As the osmotic pressure builds it will pull nutrients from the vegetative material into the sugar; when the sugar breaks down into a liquid that you can see by tilting the jar after two weeks or so, that is your Fermented Plant Juice extract. You can do the same process with buds and other types of plants, also. A way to speed up the breakdown process of the sugar into a liquid, you can add Lacto Bacillus, which is produced with rice fermented in water using another method.

I'd like to learn from you regarding organic plant nutrition and what goes into building a complete living soil. Thank you so much for the info!!

I'd like to learn from you regarding organic plant nutrition and what goes into building a complete living soil. Thank you so much for the info!!

Any time! I'm still learning about the entire process too but I'll walk you through any bits of it that I know already or that I pick up and begin to do myself. My friend is mailing me ingredients for Oriental Herbal Nutrient this week, so I'll be starting a new ferment that I could do a photo journal of since I haven't made it myself yet.

OG-18_VD-17_Supercrop.jpg

OG-18_VD-17_Oops.jpg

OG #18 Clones

Vegetative Day(s): 17

Temperature Range: Low - 61*F; High - 87*F; Average - 79-83*F

Room Humidity: 30-35%

Feed Composition:

>1 teaspoon of Neem Oil

Updates:

-Second round of super-cropping began today; her joints are bowflexing pretty hard. I managed to nab all of her colas this time, though I also got a second shot at super-cropping the terminal cola again! I only decapitated one cola this time from an incorrectly-angled super-crop, which ended up being alright because I got to see her true color under a standard Fluorescent (pictured above).

-The sister OG #18 Clone will be super-cropped next; these little girls got big pretty quickly!

-If you'll notice the rusting on a lower fan leaf of the pictured OG #18 Clone, this was from the clone shop; take a look at the new growth and look how green she is by comparison, now! This is why I prefer organic nutrients; I saved these girls from their non-organic home at the shop and I can't wait to see how they perform!

-I didn't feed the clones for four days, that's about the only change that I made to them. Pretty soon, I'll have to start raising their lights; I'll have the second clone's super-crop a little better figured when it's time though.

Looks good Utopian :) Organic nutrients have definitely made a big difference on my girl currently so I can understand the preference on that route. What size tent are your clones in if you don't mind me asking?

Looks good Utopian :) Organic nutrients have definitely made a big difference on my girl currently so I can understand the preference on that route. What size tent are your clones in if you don't mind me asking?

I don't mind at all! They reside in a 16" X 16" X 48" tent; I normally use this tent for seedlings because of its dimensions. I wanted a few clones that would be ready to flip when I'm done with the Nepalese Rocket's hanging and manicuring; once the big girl goes into her pre-jar brown bags after being hung for some time in the dark, I'll probably revert to seeds in the small tent since I'll have space from moving the clones out. I just need to scrub the larger tent before they go in there, since the soil used with the current Nepalese is different from the soil I'm using on the clones and new seedlings. I'm pretty sure I've taken care of any issue by consistently feeding with Neem oil on all fronts, but I just want to be absolutely certain that I start with a clean slate in regard to pests.

I am planning to cull the Nepalese at 52 days or within a week after that marker, then just hang her in the same tent with the light off; I read the breeder's notes and they recommended 48-52 day harvest for the strain. Do you still think it could go way longer?

I don't mind at all! They reside in a 16" X 16" X 48" tent; I normally use this tent for seedlings because of its dimensions. I wanted a few clones that would be ready to flip when I'm done with the Nepalese Rocket's hanging and manicuring; once the big girl goes into her pre-jar brown bags after being hung for some time in the dark, I'll probably revert to seeds in the small tent since I'll have space from moving the clones out. I just need to scrub the larger tent before they go in there, since the soil used with the current Nepalese is different from the soil I'm using on the clones and new seedlings. I'm pretty sure I've taken care of any issue by consistently feeding with Neem oil on all fronts, but I just want to be absolutely certain that I start with a clean slate in regard to pests.

I am planning to cull the Nepalese at 52 days or within a week after that marker, then just hang her in the same tent with the light off; I read the breeder's notes and they recommended 48-52 day harvest for the strain. Do you still think it could go way longer?

I'd let the Nepalese go 12-13 weeks tbh 52 days is very short for a sativa.

I'd let the Nepalese go 12-13 weeks tbh 52 days is very short for a sativa.

NPR-1_VWK-4_5.jpg

This one is the plant you currently see in Bloom. She is only 4.5 weeks old but is 5" tall.

NPR-2_VWK-5_75_ALT.jpg

This one is the male that was culled, pictured here at 5.75 weeks old, only just now achieving the same height of fives inches.

Ok cool, yeah I thought it was a little weird they had it so short; then again, there is quite a lot of variation with this strain. The other Nepalese Rocket I had started was male, but the structure was substantially smaller and definitely an indica dominant; for example, at four weeks the Sativa Dominant Plant was 5" tall. It took the Indica Dominant Plant another week and a half to achieve the same height, though the node spacing was EXTREMELY tight (both pictured above). I love the amount of variation that you can get just by mixing two land races together; it's like a catalogue!

I imagine they were basing it off of their chosen characteristics that they allowed to follow through.

Back
Top Bottom