Net pot size for cross aero/hydro setup?

cubelite

My question: Is there a reason I should use a larger netpot above 2 inches?

Background info:

So I plan on having a setup similar to this one. It will be a plastic container with two plants per container. Right now I'm trying to decide on the side of the net pot to get. The setup will have 4-6 drip irrigation mister nozzles that point at the roots inside the container.
I will be seeding the plants in rockwool and then placing the rockwool into the netpot. I have some concerns about the stability of only a 2" diameter net pot, especially considering the lid of the container is only 1/16", but I figure I can just cut a piece of 1/4" plywood and cut two holes in it to provide support and spread the load across the lid.

Any thoughts?

TIA

as far as i know, pretty much just stability when it comes to bigger pots... 2" ones would probably be fine for a sog. but if you want to get them bigger, thats not very much hydroton or other media to support your plant.

i have however seen an aero setup with 3" pots and coco fiber, and they ended up being about 2 feet tall before being put into flower, and still were fine... so really im sure whatever you have planned will work out fine.

as far as i know, pretty much just stability when it comes to bigger pots... 2" ones would probably be fine for a sog. but if you want to get them bigger, thats not very much hydroton or other media to support your plant.

i have however seen an aero setup with 3" pots and coco fiber, and they ended up being about 2 feet tall before being put into flower, and still were fine... so really im sure whatever you have planned will work out fine.

Thanks

I'm debating between coco fiber or coco fiber / lava rock mix

Back
Top Bottom