The one missing a fan leaf looks funny from overhead
That it does now I’ve dropped the water bottle on another plant so now I’ve got close to a matching set.:eye-roll:

3 plants no mutant!
Seriously can you believe it. And it only took 4 seeds to get these 3 up.

Is it just my mind or have I entered into another realm of the auto world.:hmmmm:

Day 24 on the Bruce Banner auto show.

Now actually 1 plant is about 2-3 days behind the other two in age but I’m calling them all the Same age from here on out just for the simplicity for me.

Feeding and Watering
It’s been 12 days since the last Geoflora veg feeding so I hit it all again this morning. The 3 gallon pots all received a good soil till before and after the 1/3 cup of GF veg application.
Then the plants all received 80ozs / 2.75 liters of water amended With mosquito bits and 4mg CalMag+ per gallon of the water mix. It takes me a little more then an hour and a half to slowly fill the pots with the water mix.
The runoff was absolutely minimal maybe an ounce or two at the most. I may have been able to get just a touch more water in but I want to keep the runoff at a minimum.

Quadline Training begins
So at day 24 I I started on the plant #2 with the largest bottom node side branching and secured them to the fan leaf to their underside.
I clipped a small piece of pipe cleaner and pinched it closed around the fan leaf and the side branch. I do not twist the pipe cleaner closed just pinch it tight. If you twist it closed it can prove difficult to release it when the time comes.

I also did this to just one side branch on the #1 plant as it’s missing a lower fan to the corresponding side branch and it isn’t growing nearly as fast as the other side.

The #3 plant is still a few days behind so no training on her but she has been topped and has the lower 2 nodes removed. She’s fully quaded just not training yet.

That pretty much brings me up to date on the activities in the tent as of the moment.
I did squeeze the MarsHydro SP3000 led up to about 52-53% power. The light is about 13 1/2” / 34cm from the tops of the plants.

I can close out saying this is quickly becoming an extremely exiting grow with some fairly high expectations all around. I’m thinking it has a lot todo with the the Quality genetics of the WeedSeedsExpress.

The photos below show the gals as the woke up this morning and a little thirsty and followed by the girls after their feeding and a before and after training.
Also a view of my work station. It’s cramped and a bit uncomfortable but I get the job done and enjoy every minute of it.
The last photo will show their final positions in the tent and they will be now known from here on out as #1, #2 and #3.

Thank You :love:all for looking in on me and my simple grow and please offer any advice. Just remember I like it simple.

@HashGirl I forgot to ask the mods to change my title. But actually I’m not sure how to go about it. I know pretty lame but I just post and comment not sure about contacting.:straightface:

88B895A9-20A0-4444-AB80-B0EE9C37BD9E.jpeg

CFF3F3CD-5163-4353-8D60-36270466AB4B.jpeg

E29561B5-6BCA-49A8-86C4-143FBB3E6589.jpeg

65F8A1DF-112A-4D07-A1BD-9A097D5187E7.jpeg

189F87D2-E5A1-48E4-A72A-2476A45A2F12.jpeg

579255A7-4FC2-4992-9D5D-9EF714FBAE63.jpeg

They're looking good Nev!

The one with the missing branch is going to adjust for that. It'll be interesting to see what she does. :Rasta:

They're looking good Nev!
Thank you GDB!
It looks like I’m picking up some of your styles here look at the last picture and the #2 plant and you can clearly see where I dropped the water bottle then tried to catch it and tore the leaf of another fan!
:lot-o-toke:

Thank you GDB!
It looks like I’m picking up some of your styles here look at the last picture and the #2 plant and you can clearly see where I dropped the water bottle then tried to catch it and tore the leaf of another fan!
:lot-o-toke:
Yeah, rookie, but you didn't sit on her! :laughtwo:

Feeding and Watering
It’s been 12 days since the last Geoflora veg feeding so I hit it all again this morning. The 3 gallon pots all received a good soil till before and after the 1/3 cup of GF veg application.
Then the plants all received 80ozs / 2.75 liters of water amended With mosquito bits and 4mg CalMag+ per gallon of the water mix. It takes me a little more then an hour and a half to slowly fill the pots with the water mix.
The runoff was absolutely minimal maybe an ounce or two at the most. I may have been able to get just a touch more water in but I want to keep the runoff at a minimum.

I'd be interested in knowing how much GF you use throughout the grow. I have some GF nutes left from the GSC sponsored grow that I was thinking might suffice for growing an auto in a 3-gallon pot. I suppose I could start with the GF and use MC when I run out. I'm planning on starting 2 new Blueberry auto seeds tomorrow so I could use the GF for one of them... :hmmmm:
@HashGirl I forgot to ask the mods to change my title. But actually I’m not sure how to go about it. I know pretty lame but I just post and comment not sure about contacting.:straightface:

Good morning, Nev. All you have to do is click the Report button on one of your posts (I usually use my first post) and enter your request.

Reporting A Post to Ask A Moderator to Change the Name of A Journal.jpg

I'd be interested in knowing how much GF you use throughout the grow. I have some GF nutes left from the GSC sponsored grow that I was thinking might suffice for growing an auto in a 3-gallon pot. I suppose I could start with the GF and use MC when I run out. I'm planning on starting 2 new Blueberry auto seeds tomorrow
As of now I’ve only done auto grows on here so this should work well with your Blueberry autos.

I follow the manufactures directions as to the amount I feed, but I do feed them more regularly then they suggest.
In the 3gal pots I amend the soil with 1/3 cup of GF veg at the same time I drop my seeds into water for a 20 hour soak.
I plant my germinated seeds straight into their final pot and then 12 days after they have come up above soil with their 1st full leaf I will start the feed with the 1st feeding of 1/3cup of GF veg. Then again every 12 days from the last feeding.
After the second feeding not counting the amended step I move to the GF bloom and will use it from there on out.
so per one 3gal pot I will use a total of 1 cup for the veg stage. An an amendment to the soil and then 2 feedings of 1/3 cup each. That gets me through the veg stage. On the DDs I did do half and half veg and bloom during that transition just because of the timing and the way the plants looked.

For the bloom stage I use 1/3 cup of the GF bloom every 12 days until complete. like around 5 or 6 more feedings of 1/3 cup per pot. That would be roughly 2 cups of the GF bloom for 1 pot.

So I do a total of 1cup of GF veg and 6 cups of GF bloom for one 3 gallon pot going a total of around 90 days above ground. I also now make sure I use a CalMag supplement on every feeding. I feed every 12 days.

So I do a total of 1cup of GF veg and 6 cups of GF bloom for one 3 gallon pot going a total of around 90 days above ground.
And I keep running through a bag of Bloom before running through a bag of Veg. Dang, I just needed to do the calculations! :laughtwo:

Thank you for the detailed info, Nev. I've bookmarked it and will try to prepare 2 3-gallon pots today as I'm putting 2 new seeds into water today, too.

And I keep running through a bag of Bloom before running through a bag of Veg.
If you have extra bags of the Veg I’d be more then happy to take them.

Those are some happy looking autos Nev! Love the excellent use and pics of the StankClips too.
:thanks:
And you thought I wasn’t paying attention in class. Your StankClips work great and :thanks: again.

UPDATE

New journal title name
Thanks to @HashGirl I have a new title for this journal as it’s continuing on from the DD and Skunk grow making it a perpetual journal now. Easier for me as I’m challenged in the tec dept.:nervous-guy:
So now it’s known as
”Nev Keeps It Simple While Watching His Grass Grow”

It’s day 27 on my BruceBanner autos from the WeedSeedsExpress bean breeders.
The plants are now getting to the size where I can get in and start manipulating. This is the most fun for me.
So after starting a couple days ago with the StankClips now this morning I added a few Carhooks and removed 3 leaves and I will now say that the training has begun. It will most likely continue daily from here on until the end of stretch.

Water Maintenance
As I’ve moved from growing these autos in 5gal pots and now using the 3gal pots I will probably be watering a little more frequently. And in the past I think I’ve been an underwaterer. So I most likely will hit them tomorrow with a good soaking right up to runoff and see what develops. That will be about the middle of their every 12 day feeding schedule.
The tap water will be amended with 4tbls of mosquito bits and about 5ml of Cal-Mag+ per gallon of the water.

The temps are consistent during the day at 77f / 25c and the r/h 59%-70% tent Closed but vented at the top corner of door. Everything drops when the door is open for maintenance or gawking.
Night time lights out temps drop to 66f / 19c r/h is usually in the low 60% closed up tight but with a 4” inline operating at the lowest speed.

As this is my 1st attempt at a Quadline I’m extremely pleased with the direction and health of the plants and hope it continues throughout. I’m thankful for the strong genetics the MarsHydro lighting and the ease of the Geoflora nutrients.
So please if you see anything that would be helpful please shout it out at me. It is very appreciated.

Just a couple pictures the BruceBanner girls
#1 is the 3 legged missing a bottom fan and a slow branch above it.
#2 is spot on
#3 is I few days younger

Be safe out their :love:

D61BD4D4-F513-46A2-B09B-207401ABCADD.jpeg

08D4E822-81D0-4A82-86ED-F05A15D336DC.jpeg

I’m challenged in the tec dept.
So I bet you can't answer this:

Are these the same plants that were in your previous thread? :laughtwo:

They're looking nice, BTW!

The quads look as good as the plants! :welldone:
If you have extra bags of the Veg I’d be more then happy to take them.
LOL!
And you thought I wasn’t paying attention in class. Your StankClips work great and :thanks: again.
:thumb:
The tap water will be amended with 4tbls of mosquito bits
My mosquito-bits go-to is @Carcass, and he loads up a 5(?) gallon bucket with bits and then dips into that water for nutes. The bacteria multiply in the bucket so he doesn't have to keep adding bits every time he waters. If you have space for a bucket like that it's worth considering.
or gawking.
LOL!
Are these the same plants that were in your previous thread?
What? Is this some trick question? I think they are?
I believe GDB meant because it's the same journal but has a different name, he was calling it your previous thread. ;)

My mosquito-bits go-to is @Carcass, and he loads up a 5(?) gallon bucket with bits and then dips into that water for nutes.
Thanks for the mention, Shed!

I just throw 1/4 of a dunk in the 5 gallon bucket every 3 weeks or so to keep the gnats away...
If I have an active gnat infestation, I'll use half a dunk in the bucket for a little more killing power, then
I go back to 1/4 of a dunk to keep the growspace gnat-free...
A quarter of a dunk is equal to 1 tbsp. of the bits, if you decide to do it this way.

The reason I do it this way is that it takes 24 hours for the bacteria from the dunks to populate the water, and I don't want to have to fill a gallon jug 24 hours in advance of when I water the plant, so I just treat 5 gallons at a time, and the water is always ready to use..

I just throw 1/4 of a dunk in the 5 gallon bucket every 3 weeks or so to keep the gnats away...
If I have an active gnat infestation, I'll use half a dunk in the bucket for a little more killing power, then
I go back to 1/4 of a dunk to keep the growspace gnat-free...
A quarter of a dunk is equal to 1 tbsp. of the bits, if you decide to do it this way.

The reason I do it this way is that it takes 24 hours for the bacteria from the dunks to populate the water, and I don't want to have to fill a gallon jug 24 hours in advance of when I water the plant, so I just treat 5 gallons at a time, and the water is always ready to use..
:thanks: Carcass!

This is the most enjoyable time for growing with me. It’s the daily nipping tucking and bending.

It‘s Day 32 on the WeedSeedsExpress Bruce Banner autos growing under the MarsHydro SP3000 feeding on GeoFlora nutrients every 12 days with some Cal-Mag supplement.

The #1 plant is a few days younger then the other 2 but is getting close to equal size of the others.
That #1 also has a new limb coming up right at the split of the quad cut at no node. I found that to be interesting and had never seen it before. I‘ve shown a picture below.

The #3rd plant in the tent is not as happy as the other two and isn’t growing as quite as rapidly. Her leaves have been a little cupped and just a tad droopy.
Maybe she’s stressed from the training I’m think i will slow it down on her a few days. I also moved her from 1 side of the tent to the other. Just hoping for something better.
Any help on this?

The # 2 plant right is the flag ship of this grow. :love: She is loving it all and I couldn’t be happier with her at this point. Fingers crossed and moving ahead with her training daily. Actually all the plants get worked every morning at lights on then again in the evening a couple hours before lights out.

Some of the particulars of the tent.
The two older plants woke up droopy yesterday so the got 20ozs / 0.60 liters of amended tap to tide them over until Saturday hopefully. That’s when they receive their next feeding and heavy watering.
Temps and humidity all run pretty level at comfortable settings for the plants.
The light is running at about 60% capacity and 13” / 33cm from the canopy. The lux reading is around 28,000. That seems to be well inside the safe range but something is messing with the #3 plant. :straightface:

I posted some pictures of the last couple of days to show the progress and training of the autos.

Thank you all for stopping by and for the assistance and advise:hug:.
@InTheShed you are a volume of knowledge and thanks for @Carcass on the mosquito bit hack. I’m moving straight forward on that. That is a savings right there. Freaking gnats!
@Krissi1982 are you ready to get a quadline going? It’s looking like less plants more volume.

7D95C251-AE20-4D44-8D12-115E7E610267.jpeg

2A244683-A22E-44D8-A20F-A4AD345D56F4.jpeg

9A53D418-570D-4398-BFD5-EF32A3F182C5.jpeg

E5FEBC55-1B43-4421-9A7A-BA20DC005B7D.jpeg

9E0F777B-4D91-47E3-A12F-083528A02404.jpeg

894DA28B-D212-4797-B5A8-181554923153.jpeg

This is the most enjoyable time for growing with me. It’s the daily nipping tucking and bending.

It‘s Day 32 on the WeedSeedsExpress Bruce Banner autos growing under the MarsHydro SP3000 feeding on GeoFlora nutrients every 12 days with some Cal-Mag supplement.

The #1 plant is a few days younger then the other 2 but is getting close to equal size of the others.
That #1 also has a new limb coming up right at the split of the quad cut at no node. I found that to be interesting and had never seen it before. I‘ve shown a picture below.

The #3rd plant in the tent is not as happy as the other two and isn’t growing as quite as rapidly. Her leaves have been a little cupped and just a tad droopy.
Maybe she’s stressed from the training I’m think i will slow it down on her a few days. I also moved her from 1 side of the tent to the other. Just hoping for something better.
Any help on this?

The # 2 plant right is the flag ship of this grow. :love: She is loving it all and I couldn’t be happier with her at this point. Fingers crossed and moving ahead with her training daily. Actually all the plants get worked every morning at lights on then again in the evening a couple hours before lights out.

Some of the particulars of the tent.
The two older plants woke up droopy yesterday so the got 20ozs / 0.60 liters of amended tap to tide them over until Saturday hopefully. That’s when they receive their next feeding and heavy watering.
Temps and humidity all run pretty level at comfortable settings for the plants.
The light is running at about 60% capacity and 13” / 33cm from the canopy. The lux reading is around 28,000. That seems to be well inside the safe range but something is messing with the #3 plant. :straightface:

I posted some pictures of the last couple of days to show the progress and training of the autos.

Thank you all for stopping by and for the assistance and advise:hug:.
@InTheShed you are a volume of knowledge and thanks for @Carcass on the mosquito bit hack. I’m moving straight forward on that. That is a savings right there. Freaking gnats!
@Krissi1982 are you ready to get a quadline going? It’s looking like less plants more volume.

7D95C251-AE20-4D44-8D12-115E7E610267.jpeg

2A244683-A22E-44D8-A20F-A4AD345D56F4.jpeg

9A53D418-570D-4398-BFD5-EF32A3F182C5.jpeg

E5FEBC55-1B43-4421-9A7A-BA20DC005B7D.jpeg

9E0F777B-4D91-47E3-A12F-083528A02404.jpeg

894DA28B-D212-4797-B5A8-181554923153.jpeg
Your plants look just beautiful! As for the quadlining it is still something that I have yet to decide on. You know I like trying new things though so...

Back
Top Bottom