All caught up! and in on page 1- that never happens!
I'll be stopping by from time to time, if that's alright, Nev?
I want to see what you can do with that remarkably healthy looking DDa!

I'll be stopping by from time to time
Outstanding! Im happy to have you stop by and hopefully help out with some of with the DDa. She was such a good looking plant that I had to top her and then go for some extreme LST on her. I think she will take it all well. Hope so.

Everything is looking good so far - well except for that mutant DDa. I've had about 3 plants that start out like that with the crinkly leaves. I've always suspected that the soil was too hot with nutrients, so now I always start my seeds out in "seedling starter" mix, then move them over to my FFOF when it's time for their first transplant. I haven't had a mutant like that since then. Fortunately, my mutant plants have eventually outgrown that crinkled leaf stage and grown into nice plants.

I've always suspected that the soil was too hot with nutrients
That’s interesting and I hadn‘t thought of that. This is my 2nd grow with this soil. I lost 2 DDa just after they popped up to start the seeding stage. Now I wonder if they got burnt by the soil.

:thanks: for stopping in BZL your presence and advice is greatly appreciated! Happy Sunday morning to you.

Everything is looking good so far - well except for that mutant DDa. I've had about 3 plants that start out like that with the crinkly leaves. I've always suspected that the soil was too hot with nutrients, so now I always start my seeds out in "seedling starter" mix, then move them over to my FFOF when it's time for their first transplant. I haven't had a mutant like that since then. Fortunately, my mutant plants have eventually outgrown that crinkled leaf stage and grown into nice plants.
I do the same! Both the seed starting mix and FFOF after
That’s interesting and I hadn‘t thought of that. This is my 2nd grow with this soil. I lost 2 DDa just after they popped up to start the seeding stage. Now I wonder if they got burnt by the soil.

:thanks: for stopping in BZL your presence and advice is greatly appreciated! Happy Sunday morning to you.
Nev, this is the seed start mix I use. I was actually thinking of mixing in a little OF with it this time because the seed starter lacks nutrients by itself. My girls are always fine though until transplant using this, never had issues besides a little coty leaf yellowing right before I needed to up-pot.

1635085926381338706786339310279.jpg

this is the seed start mix I use.
Got it. Looks like I will need some seed starter mix for the next one. I don’t up plant auto flower seeds. They say that is also a very delicate step with autos. But I will mix it into the area I drop the germinated seed Into the final grow pot. This is only my second grow with autos and this new organic soil I’m using now so I’m still trying to get it right. Thanks for the advice and keep it coming.
:rollit:

Got it. Looks like I will need some seed starter mix for the next one. I don’t up plant auto flower seeds. They say that is also a very delicate step with autos. But I will mix it into the area I drop the germinated seed Into the final grow pot. This is only my second grow with autos and this new organic soil I’m using now so I’m still trying to get it right. Thanks for the advice and keep it coming.
:rollit:
No problem and I don't up-pot my autos either, I just meant from seedling pot to 3 gl or 5gl whatever you use for yours! Have a good day Nev!!

I do start my autos in solo cups (seedling starter mix) and then up pot them into 3 gal fibric pots (FFOF). I start feeding the seedlings with nutrients once their 2nd set of leaves come out. My plants don't seem to notice the transplant as long as I use the inverted castle method. I also give them vitamin B at transplant. This strategy seems to work well for me.

I use the inverted castle method.
That is all very good to know. I’m not familiar to the inverted castle method. What exactly is that procedure?
Also I’m extremely lazy and up potting takes a bit more work then my age wants to input in anymore and I have no place in my house to do that type of work. I work that stuff in my carport and shed but the winter here keeps me inside more these days. wah, wah, Waaaah! Hope you did ok in the storm yesterday it was brutal all along the entire West Coast.

Oct 25th and it’s day 25 for the CSkunk and day 18 on the DDa’.

Yesterday I did a small amount of leaf tucking and some bending of the 2 plants in training.
Some how I did manage to break off a large fan leaf from the DDa. Not one that I would have normally moved. She’s a strong plant thankfully.

I had also noticed some yellow taking place on the CSkunk so I mixed up 1/2 gallon of water with a 1/2 tbl spoon of Cal-Mag+ and gave her a 10 oz dose. This morning I already see that the yellow is disappearing.
So far this has happened twice but I believe that by spotting it early and treating it I have stayed ahead of the problem. So far I’m pretty pleased. I have two very nice and healthy plants so far.
The Mutant is still kinda growing and I’m hoping to see a good leaf or two by next week.

Stay Safe be Friendly and share that Love ❤️
:passitleft:

BC75B292-1F86-4501-A424-B9A206CBE36A.jpeg

F7BEFCA4-8C98-4FD7-8F8A-A8E00D8F1BEC.jpeg

DDB4F522-B1C6-4DE3-8ABD-E8BD3AABCDEB.jpeg

Looking good Nev! Even the Mutant is on a mission.

You're doing a good job holding that C Skunk down.

Only 25 days and that plant's "sticky" already! (Sorry) :laughtwo:

I have better luck with the "do nothing" approach when it comes to autoflowers.
Just drop the bean about 1/4" deep sprinkle a lil soil on top and water in. No lst, no topping, just let them do their thing ( whatever that might be)
Had a gelato like your mutant that only got about 6" tall. I'm not 100% sure of the cause, but I feel it may have just been the genetics.

Hard to tell from the pictures, but is your dd starting to flower??

Pant pant...page 2
I know you been busy and thank you for taking the time to get a flyby in here. You presence is much appreciated and more often then not the Knowledge and perspective has benefited my grows.

I have better luck with the "do nothing" approach when it comes to autoflowers.
This is only my second grow with autos. I had only been a regular seed and cuttings grower. I had never even grown feminized.
So I do drop the germinated seed right into her final 5gal but my last grow I did the aggressive LST on some GG4’s and they turned out with a really good finish weight so I’m going for that again.

Hard to tell from the pictures, but is your dd starting to flower?
Hard for me to see for sure looking at them here too, but it does look like she’s trying to spew some pistols out. Nothing real affirmative yet and I‘m hoping they get a little more veg in before she starts to flower to hard. I’ll put up a better picture if I can soon.

And :thanks: for stopping in @Drstickey! and any advice or just banter is very welcome.

did the aggressive LST on some GG4’s and they turned out with a really good finish
We're they autoflowers??
Here's the autos I'm running now.

We're they autoflowers?
They were auto flower. GG4 autos. I just finished them a couple months ago then waited for the summer heat to go down and I wanted the DDa’s for a fall winter grow hoping it will give some good dark color.

The link to the GG autos is on my signature below

They were auto flower. GG4 autos. I just finished them a couple months ago then waited for the summer heat to go down and I wanted the DDa’s for a fall winter grow hoping it will give some good dark color.

Heres a link to the GG autos

I found it, and yes great yield. :)

I’m not familiar to the inverted castle method. What exactly is that procedure?
I don't really have a good photo to show, maybe @InTheShed has a better one to share. Basically for the "inverted sand castle" method, you just pack the soil into the new pot around the smaller pot (solo cup in my case). Then when you pull the smaller pot up, you're left with a hole (inverted sand castle) the exact size of the smaller pot. Just pop out the plant from the smaller pot and gently place it into the hole. Add a little more soil, water, and you're done. Easy peezy. :)
Hope you did ok in the storm yesterday it was brutal all along the entire West Coast.
I was at the southern end of that storm so I only really got some light rain from it, but the wind was wild.
My big Purple Haze in a 20 gallon pot was blown right off the trolley and laid on its side, and the caterpillar cage was blown off the GDP. At 5 am I was out there picking up the pieces. Forturnately, the plants don't look to bad, just beat up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom