Never Flush With Scientific Explanation - Any Ideas?

YodaTheRedEye

Sup everyone,

I hope all is well in your neck of the woods :tokin:

Below is a link to a thought provoking read I found this morning. I would really like to hear other member's ideas, whether supportive or not, regarding this topic. I am not a big fan of the Lucas Formula concept and it just makes more logical sense to me that a slow gradual taper up and back down in nutes would shock the plant much less throughout its life cycle with nute shock on both ends of the spectrum (super high levels after feedings and super low levels after excessive flushing). Provided there are 2-3 preventative "mini flushes" just for safe precaution, one has the potential to achieve a better end product with less flushing and less nutes. Watchy'all think??? :hmmmm:

A critical look at preharvest flushing

I never flushed in my life and I'm not going to :thumb:

I think flushing is overrated. People have to flush because they choke their plants full of nutes throughout the grow. Moderate feeding is the key. I'm sure plants could grow well with half as much nutes as most of the growers feed them. Doc Bud's method of bud washing makes more sense to me.

I do believe in stressing the plants toward the end of the grow though, in order to stimulate resin production, like drop the water level to half and drop the res temps significantly.

I've never head of an outdoor grower flushing their plants. Indoors I use Earth Juice, just fed my girls with one week left. They really pack on weight this last week, why deny the girls their food?

Back
Top Bottom