Never seen an amber trichome

HotLooSey

I am completing my first indoor grow and the trichs are very confusing and i look everyday.
At first, they are clear and mushroom or penis like with a bulbous head and a stem.
Next they seem to get just a little cloudy and start a collapsing process where they loose their erectness and begin to degrade.
If i look closely from a side angle, I can see a slight point of amber, maybe, not sure if that's because I WANT TO SEE THE AMBER!!!
At 10 weeks I harvestED but left enough of the plant to continue to watch AND LEARN.

at 11+ weeks I am harvesting the remaining, and beginning to watch the 8 week old next crop. The 11+ week plants all have mostly collapsed trichomes.

I am in soil, inside, with 12 600w HPS, and fertilizing with Supernatural.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN AN AMBER TRICHOME!

Re: Never seen an amber trichome!!??

What strain? If its a hybrid, which species is the dominant one. Just by the info u gave us. If ur trichomes are flattening and loosing their erectness HARVEST NOW!!!
Unless ur growing a landrace sativa or haze strain which can take an upward of 14 weeks.

ak47, sensi star, and medicine man.

Thanks BWC. You have been help to a few of my questions.

LUCE

No prob. If I remember correctly AK is 8-9 weeks (been so long). Haven't done sensi yet, let me know how that turns out. Ed Rosenthal's Big Book of Buds Vol. 1 says Sensi Star takes 56-63 days to flower(Rosenthal 139). I've never heard of medicine man. U know its lineage or at least parentage?

BWC.....
Medicine Man by Mr. Nice Seedbank is the cannabis strain better known as White Rhino. It has been re-named medicine man due to its reputation as a fantastic medical cannabis strain with relatively high cannabidiol (CBD) levels.
About Medicine Man
This indica dominant strain was created by crossing an Afghani with a Brazilian sativa and the result then crossed with a south Indian indica hybrid. A member of the Widow family of cannabis plants, it grows very well outdoors and indoors it achieves shorter, more typically indica proportions but is nevertheless a high yielding and highly resinous plant.

I am a new grower so i can't say too much about it. It was give to me as a clone. I am a senior, a long time athlete, an achy body, and MM brought me back to smoking which i stopped about 15 years ago. One toke and I let the day slip away and am sleeping 8+ hours when it was 6 at best before returning to the smoke.

I am completing my first indoor grow and the trichs are very confusing and i look everyday.
At first, they are clear and mushroom or penis like with a bulbous head and a stem.
Next they seem to get just a little cloudy and start a collapsing process where they loose their erectness and begin to degrade.
If i look closely from a side angle, I can see a slight point of amber, maybe, not sure if that's because I WANT TO SEE THE AMBER!!!
At 10 weeks I harvestED but left enough of the plant to continue to watch AND LEARN.

at 11+ weeks I am harvesting the remaining, and beginning to watch the 8 week old next crop. The 11+ week plants all have mostly collapsed trichomes.

I am in soil, inside, with 12 600w HPS, and fertilizing with Supernatural.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN AN AMBER TRICHOME!
There are pics of what a amber trich looks like in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom