New 4 x 4 grow tent build

Got the new tent Friday. Here we go again.

20191019-IMG-0822.jpg

Aweosme! Can't wait to watch and follow along!

Looks like mine will end up arriving on Tuesday now. So I guess I won't be working on mine until Wednesday, as opposed to my original plan of Monday. So be it. It's still happening. :D

Well the box is bigger.

20191019-IMG-0823.jpg

The tent comes in it's own case.
20191019-IMG-0824.jpg

It comes with the 12" extension but due to the ceiling fan it's not an option.
20191019-IMG-0825.jpg

20191019-IMG-0826.jpg

20191019-IMG-0827.jpg

The zippers are a pain. This is the back top of the tent. It's hard enough to get these zippers started and after I zipped the left half I came back and saw this. It's not broken but difficult to get started correctly.
20191019-IMG-0831.jpg

It seems like a strong tent but the design/features lag behind other cheaper tents. The only other access is from the back. Unless this is sitting in the middle of the room the back entry is useless. Not sure why it has two windows either.
20191019-IMG-0833.jpg

20191019-IMG-0836.jpg

I kept the buckets attached so just need to fit them back in.
20191019-IMG-0838.jpg

Chiller and air lines attached. I used the liner from the old tent for added protection.
20191019-IMG-0840.jpg

Cont:

I'm putting both pumps (waterfall and chiller) in the reservoir to reduce the chance of leaks.
20191019-IMG-0841.jpg

20191019-IMG-0843.jpg

Size difference between the Gorilla and Vivosun,
20191019-IMG-0845.jpg

The inside diameter is larger than the outside diameter.
20191019-IMG-0849.jpg

Leak test time. :confused:
20191019-IMG-0850.jpg

20191019-IMG-0851.jpg

I tested for about 5 hours so far and no leak.

nice tent. those things look quality even in pics compared to others.

not hard to delete a ceiling fan if you ever need.
do you have another tent for veg ?

looks good.

Overnight leak test and all is dry.

I believe all the past leak issues were related to the leak in the curved pipe. After sealing that pipe I haven't had any leaks.

IMG-0775.jpg

No leaks! Yay! :thumb:

Check the spare nozzles from your main pump. Since you've moved it to the res there should be what is basically an elbow nozzle that you can use on the pump intake for a "bottom" intake. If I weren't trying to keep from needing a chiller I'd be all over that with an internal pump. :)

And yes, I'll reconfirm. I should have just bought the system instead of piecing together my own. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The only downside I see (mechanically) to these are your exact trouble spot: the "hump" for the duct port. Specifically as it relates to the water return, as well as draining. If the water level gets below the bottom of the hump there can be issues. At some point enough water builds up that it comes over, but you definitely have to watch the water level closely.

I've been kicking around the idea of raising my buckets just enough to counter that hump and take it out all together. If I'm thinking right, it would be about a 3" adjustment. I will have to measure it out, but if so, that may be what I do, and then drop it on the outside and into the res. Have to see where the bottom of the duct is first though.

The only downside I see (mechanically) to these are your exact trouble spot: the "hump" for the duct port. Specifically as it relates to the water return, as well as draining. If the water level gets below the bottom of the hump there can be issues. At some point enough water builds up that it comes over, but you definitely have to watch the water level closely.

I've been kicking around the idea of raising my buckets just enough to counter that hump and take it out all together. If I'm thinking right, it would be about a 3" adjustment. I will have to measure it out, but if so, that may be what I do, and then drop it on the outside and into the res. Have to see where the bottom of the duct is first though.

I agree. I believe the hump is so the pipe will fit through the tent opening. I bought a straight 3" pipe and fittings but the opening is to high. All the buckets would need to be raised several inches for a straight pipe to work.

I hate to consider this but making a slit in the tent hole to lower the pipe would be an option but I'm not comfortable doing that. I have the hump as low as it will go and the water level in the reservoir is 2" lower than the grow buckets. I still need to lower the grow bucket water height about an inch. I was waiting for it to settle.
20191020-IMG-0853.jpg

20191020-IMG-0854.jpg

I use this under my inner tent tray ( basement, cement slab)
its appox 1 inch thick, 1" less Hump

=====================================================================================

1571597853605.png

I agree. I believe the hump is so the pipe will fit through the tent opening. I bought a straight 3" pipe and fittings but the opening is to high. All the buckets would need to be raised several inches for a straight pipe to work.

That's what I'm coming up with. Needing to raise up about 3"-4" from what I can tell.

Did you happen to measure how far the bottom of the duct is from the floor? I tried to gage it from images and using a grid in photoshop but couldn't really get anything accurate. It looks to be about 6" from the floor to the bottom of the duct, which would mean needing the bottom edge of the pipe to be at that height.

I hate to consider this but making a slit in the tent hole to lower the pipe would be an option but I'm not comfortable doing that. I have the hump as low as it will go and the water level in the reservoir is 2" lower than the grow buckets. I still need to lower the grow bucket water height about an inch. I was waiting for it to settle.

I wouldn't make a cut at all. Sounds like a warranty voiding move to me. :(

Although it sure would be nice if the damn ducts on these tents were lower, but they all seem to be about the same give or take.

I use this under my inner tent tray ( basement, cement slab)
its appox 1 inch thick, 1" less Hump

"Hey, that's not bad!" - mice

Not a bad idea at all. Does the foam compress over time at all? The down side is just how high it needs to be to get it level. :(

But like you say, 1" less hump. And less is, well, less. :)

Does the foam compress over time at all? The down side is just how high it needs to be to get it level. :(

But like you say, 1" less hump. And less is, well, less. :)

I run 10 g plastic pots with trays and have not noticed any type of compression but i
do suspect it would be an issue if using anything heavy with thin legs that could possibly
sink into the surface. something thin to displace the weight like a thin sheet of plastic would
fix that

Actually have seen others make tents out of it or use it on the outside of there tents to insulate

I run 10 g plastic pots with trays and have not noticed any type of compression but i
do suspect it would be an issue if using anything heavy with thin legs that could possibly
sink into the surface. something thin to displace the weight like a thin sheet of plastic would
fix that

Actually have seen others make tents out of it or use it on the outside of there tents to insulate

It's a great idea, and on several levels. First, the height bump and reduction of the hump. Second, a good insulator from a cold floor. I have a sinking feeling that my basement floor may get a little cooler than I would like, and if I insulate against that with the buckets, then all should be well.

What I may do is just use some plant saucers or similar under each bucket, then cut the board into 1sqft sections. This would allow for it to be more easily removed or modified, and save buying 2 boards to get 4" up.

I may use some of the 1x4's I have laying around to just build a little riser for each bucket. Have to think that one over. (My thinking list is gettin a little long, just sayin. :rofl:)

Go figure that I get an idea as soon as I hit the post button.

Along the lines of a wooden riser, I see I can get 8ft 1x4 cedar boards for about $7. Cedar being a natural bug repellent, and you can see where my thoughts are going.

Back
Top Bottom