New - Advanced Diamond Series XML 350 - LED Lighting - Cannatonic - Fruit & Cheese

Validus

Well everyone, I just want to say hello and firstly, get done with the lighting information. I know there is a lot of debate between LED's and HPS's, but I'm not really here to discuss that. Instead, I'm here to show you guys my grow with a particular LED and hopefully be helped along the way too.

Anyways, here is some information on the size of the grow room and what the lighting i'll be using is:

Advanced Diamond Series XML 350 - 10W CREE XML Chips -
The largest single chip LEDs of any LED grow light on the planet.
Replaces a 600w HPS and many customers are even replacing 1000w systems in commercial greenhouses.

Daisy Chain Feature - Run multiple lights with just one cord to plug in.
USA Made CREE XML and Bridgelux Blue and White Led's.
90 Day Money Back Guarantee.
Exclusive 2014 LED Grow Guide Included.
11+ Wavelengths of Color Output: 760nm, 740nm, 720nm, 660nm, 630nm, 615nm-480nm, 460nm, 440nm, 415nm, 380nm
100% Hassle-Free Warranty for a Full 3 Years
Runs Cool and Saves Electricity!
Color Select Feature - Easily control your colors and intensity
New - Precision 90 Degree XML Collimator Lens for Optimal Coverage
New - 10W CREE XML Single Chip USA Made
New - Honeycomb Fan Cover with Dust Filter
New - Custom Designed Diamond Vents for optimal Air Flow
New - Advanced LED Drivers for Higher Performance
New - Color Select Dimmable Switches with Clone, Veg and Flower Modes
New - Dual Heat Sink Reduces Heat by over 50% vs Others
New - Daisy Chain Link Feature Allows up to 4 Lights on One Cord

USA Made 10w CREE XML LEDs
USA Made Bridgelux Blue & White LEDs

Diamond Series LED Grow Light Features:

Replaces HPS, Metal Halide and Florescent grow lights
Performs extremely well in cloning, vegetative and flowering cycles
No maintenance costs (No bulbs to replace)
Environmetally friendly (No Mercury)
Eliminates A/C in most grow spaces due to very low heat output
6ft Power Cord in 110v US with 220v and International Plugs Available
DS XML 150 Dimensions: 12.5"L x 12.5"W x 3"H
DS XML 350 Dimensions: 19"L x 19"W x 3"H
Model
Total Coverage
Core Coverage
LED Specs
Weight
Avg. Power Draw

DS XML 350
4.5' x 4.5'
4' x 4'
(10) 10w USA Made Cree XML LED's
(144) 3w High Output LED's (single chip) 14 330w

The grow room is 4.5' x 4.5'. (The grow room is actually 8' x 6', but I have a white reflective sheet that can be pulled down to make 2 rooms. One I have the LED in and the other is a T5 for seedlings.)
Intake Fan 110 CFM
Exhaust fan 110 CFM
2 Fans and a humidifier.

Temperature of room staying steady at 77 degrees and the humidity is anywhere from 55 to 59.
If intake fan on, room temperature goes down to 65 to 69 and humidity between 31 and 36.
If lighting is on 100/100 intensity for both spectrums, room can get to 81 sometimes higher.

Over the last month, I've been adjusting the height of the light, because I've read for LED's
the height can be anywhere from 18'' to 30''. I used 18 for awhile, but the plants were getting burned, curling and turning a light green to whitish color. Once I rose the light to 22 then 25 inches, the plants have been perfect in color, but slightly starting to stretch more, so I might go back down to 22 or 23 inches.

Nutrients:

General Hydroponics Floraduo
RapidStart
Liquid KoolBloom
Floralicious Plus

PH Down
PH Up

Tester:

Bluelab Portable - Measures ec (0.1 ec equals 50 PPM), temperature and PH levels.

So, my first attempt at 6 plants using DWC failed because of the rise in temperature in the reservoirs to over 70 degrees, which is basically useless for producing oxygen to the plants even with a bubbler. In the end, on the 22nd on December they were perfect and the next day all dying... curled, limp, dead. I quickly tossed them in soil to try and save them, only two survived, both Cannatonic. After saving them and been growing them for around 40 days, (I'd say 30 in soil and 10 hydroponics. Rough estimate) I have 2 others grown by ------------. This time the plants are big for their age, but yet again the water is too warm. The gap between water and the hydroponic 6 inch bottom hits is what is allowing oxygen to get to the roots, not the bubbler. Any suggestions on how to get the temps down? besides a chiller?

Both ----------- plants are receiving 350 PPM's and have a PH of 5.9. I found that 5.9 has been steady and staying the same while PPM's go up. Sometimes PH goes up. They are on week 2, about 10 days old. Anyways onto some pictures.

I'll be posting more pictures soon and if you have any suggestions or questions please ask.

Re: New - Advanced Diamond Series XML 350 - LED Lighting - Cannatonic, Fruit & Cheese

Germination began on 12-10-13.
Seeds - Cannatonic
Grow Technique - Used a plastic air tight container, while the seeds were placed in between wet paper towels, seeds started to pop around 2 days or 48 hours using this method.
PH was lowered from 7.9 to 6.9. ( I have found that growth is best for soil at 6.9 and 5.9 PH for Hydroponics )

IMAG028820.jpg

Re: New - Advanced Diamond Series XML 350 - LED Lighting - Cannatonic, Fruit & Cheese

Date - 12-15-13
Grow Method - Placed germinated seeds in rockwool that was soaked for a day with a PH of 5.9.
Lighting - T5 Flourescent for seedling growth before placing under LED.

IMAG036615.jpg

Date - 12-21-13
Grow Method - DWC
Nutrients - No added nutrients for week one. Tap water has 100 PPMs in the water or 0.2 ec, conversion is 0.1 ec equals 50 PPMs
Temperature of Room 68 degrees to 81, once over 80 I turn on intake fans to bring the temperature down along with humidity, with intake fan on, temperatures run lower with LED running over 50 percent for red spectrum and 100 percent blue and white spectrum.
Lighting - Still under T5 florescent lighting.

At this point, I was still trying to adjust new grow room for temperature and humidity along with trying to maintain reservoir temps lower than 70 degrees to get more DO output... oxygen from bubblers. The reservoirs were filled with water to the bottoms of the net 6 inch net pots.

IMAG044212.jpg
IMAG041613.jpg

Date - 12-22-13
Grow Method - DWC
Nutrients - No added nutrients for week one. Tap water has 100 PPMs in the water or 0.2 ec, conversion is 0.1 ec equals 50 PPMs
Lighting - Still under T5 florescent lighting.

At this point, the very next day, 6 plants all curled over, since I felt they were dying from not enough oxygen to the roots and high temperatures in the room and reservoirs, I transplanted them to soil. Only 2 ended up surviving, both Cannatonics. I had 2 Blue dream and Chemdawg also but they died.

IMAG044510.jpg

Date - 1-6-14
Grow Method - Soil
Nutrients - Added Nutrients - 250 PPMS Tap water has 100 PPMs in the water or 0.2 ec, conversion is 0.1 ec equals 50 PPMs
Temperature of Room 68 degrees to 81, once over 80 I turn on intake fans to bring the temperature down along with humidity, with intake fan on, temperatures run lower with LED running over 50 percent for red spectrum and 100 percent blue and white spectrum.
Lighting - Put under LED lighting 18 inches away which I think was too low and with nutrients caused nutrient burn. LED lighting ranges from 18 to 30 inches for the grows Ive seen along with the instructions on how high and low the light should be. As the
the plants are getting bigger, Ive boosted the light from 18inches to 22 and then 25, Ive found for this light between 22 an 25 inches is best.

At this point, I was still trying to adjust new grow room for temperature and humidity

IMAG04929.jpg

Date - 1-13-14
Grow Method - Soil - Fox Farm

I topped both Cannatonic plants in soil. I will also be scrogging once the plants reach a certain height

IMAG053915.jpg

Ill be updating this more and hope people have advice or suggestions, but here is my most recent pictures with 2 cannatonic in soil and fruit and cheese growing in ------------. I've also defoliated the bigger plants to slow the growth upward but also light to get to the center and other bud sites.

IMAG06096.jpg

IMAG06055.jpg

To CareTaker

I hope the light is, many people at hydroponic stores always say bad things about LED lights, but so far this light is doing great. Thank you for your support

I have 3 smaller DS ones. They are pretty darned good. The XML, though, is certainly among the very best LED panels out there IMO.
It has a wide spectra, and increased penetration with those big ass boss 10w searchlights. Power and finesse, great light.

I hope she does well for you!

I just scrolled back up to look at your girls, again. Great job, they are exceedingly healthy.

Just wanted to post 3 weeks of the Fruit Auto Flowering for 22 days. I'll be posting and updating more on the other 3 plants which are also flowering, but only in the the first week.

Day 1 -

Day 7 -

Day 14 -

Day 21 -

Day 22 - For the hell of it haha...

Re: New - Advanced Diamond Series XML 350 - LED Lighting - Cannatonic - Fruit & Chees

Hey nephew, great pictures! Very technical data, great job!!!

Re: New - Advanced Diamond Series XML 350 - LED Lighting - Cannatonic - Fruit & Chees

So I just wanted to post some pictures before harvest time....

Cannatonic:

IMAG14605.jpg

IMAG14584.jpg

IMAG14542.jpg

Cheese Trichomes:

IMAG14482.jpg

IMAG14401.jpg

Fruit Trichomes:

IMAG14775.jpg

Congrats on your harvest!

Hard to say from the photo, but it looks like the Cannatonic could go at least another week, maybe two?
Lots of clears still, and the few amber are mostly on the leafs, not the calyx...?

The others, it's hard to say with the light, but they also look like they could go longer. They will add lots of weight in the last week or two. :)

I totally agree on waiting longer till harvest.

The cannatonic has 2 weeks to go so that was a great guess.

The fruit says the breeder is suppose to be done from 60 to 65 days and today is day 68, but based on the trichomes Id say it has longer too. Ive been flushing her this week too.

As for cheese, she has around 3 to 4 more weeks based on breeder. I'll try to get more pictures.

I totally agree on waiting longer till harvest.

The cannatonic has 2 weeks to go so that was a great guess.

The fruit says the breeder is suppose to be done from 60 to 65 days and today is day 68, but based on the trichomes Id say it has longer too. Ive been flushing her this week too.

As for cheese, she has around 3 to 4 more weeks based on breeder. I'll try to get more pictures.

Cool bro, post em up. The do look great. Happy 420 ! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom