New and not so good

Lilkanyon

Im a decent gardner so I didn't think growing indoor pot would be a big deal, but we are new to indoor artificial light and had to go “cheap” and struggling. Its a 4x4 tent, a Phlizon 900w led, foxfarm soil, a heater (because its cold in a garage), and we keep getting burning issues. We keep raising the lights and cutting back on the light. Now we are on a 16/4 schedule and tbh? Im such a noob at this, I feel like an idiot.
08224685-F655-4BCE-B97D-3045087F2A6C.jpeg7268D7BC-5C11-4F94-A23F-608C436A7A6D.jpegB75ACF5F-F083-408D-8E3A-D5F73BFB75D3.jpeg

Welcome Lilkanyon, can you show a couple of close ups? It does look like nute burn.
Ok, I need to fill in some blanks, my bad. We just repotted from the one gallons to the 5 gallons and only added B1 for root repair. Other then that, no nutes...so some time to recover? We grew them from seed, so we were recommended to start in small pots (4 in) then transfer when roots grew out bottem, we moved to the 1gallon then roots grew out, then moved to 5g cloth bags. Did we do wrong? We dosed only B1 once during each repot and nothing else. And thank you guys for responding!
9C936F0E-7B78-4840-AB59-96227B556B85.jpeg

They plant on the bottom looks like it has up turned leaves so from what I see it will probably be heat/light stress. More often than not it's high temps causing the problems.

They plant on the bottom looks like it has up turned leaves so from what I see it will probably be heat/light stress. More often than not it's high temps causing the problems.
You are right! That one has been a pain since the beginning, burning like mad...thats why its not in a 5 gallon and on the floor to keep it farther from light...its the red headed step child and kinda our “test subject”, lol...and yeah...i like keeping the heater about 70 degrees but hubby freaks out and turns it up when nights are cold, what is a good temp to keep them at? We only have an oscillating house heater in there and the constant blast of heat makes me more nervous then getting a bit chilled at night.

What's your temps running lights on?
Uhh, they are LEDs so I have no idea...<noob, lol. We just assumed not enough heat to keep it warm enough, so the heater which does have temp control. (Edit...im the noob i meant)

So, any suggestions? Light, ferts, time...are we ok? Just relax? Anything? Actually, in the pics, it doesnt show that most of these plants are burning round the edges of the leaves...is that a side effect of a new repotting? Its been less then a week.

You are right! That one has been a pain since the beginning, burning like mad...thats why its not in a 5 gallon and on the floor to keep it farther from light...its the red headed step child and kinda our “test subject”, lol...and yeah...i like keeping the heater about 70 degrees but hubby freaks out and turns it up when nights are cold, what is a good temp to keep them at? We only have an oscillating house heater in there and the constant blast of heat makes me more nervous then getting a bit chilled at night.

I use 2 Phlizon lights. 1500 and 1200. I found that following the user manual as a guide to be very helpful. I kept mine 3 feet from the tops of the plants for the first 3 or 4 weeks, then lowered the 1500 to 30 inches from the plants ( actually 28) and the 1200 is 24 inches away, and i'm probably gonna move them down a bit more soon, as long as RH and RT stay at a good range.

Uhh, they are LEDs so I have no idea...<noob, lol. We just assumed not enough heat to keep it warm enough, so the heater which does have temp control. (Edit...im the noob i meant)

You can blow a small fan directly at the bottom of the light. it helps a lot. you'll notice a big dif when you do the hand test.

Can you take a picture of the plants under natural light?
What kind of soil did you use for transplant?
What are you feeding? Plain pHed water?
Do you happen to have a small clip fan or 2?
Do you have a hygrometer/temperature gauge?

Hello...by the way. I just saw you are using Fox farms soil.

Oh gosh, I knew I would be bombarded with questions I dont have answers to. Only thing I can answer is Fox farms Ocean forest. Thats the soil we used for all the plants from beginning to now. We do not fert except the B1 complex for root growth during transplant. Regular tap water which is about 7.6-8 depending on the time. The heater blows fairly hard on those plants, I was worried it was drying them out so moved them away from the heater a bit. Nothing else...and yeah...give me a minute and Ill can take pics in natural light. (I know, I hate that purple too):
So, air movement seems a consensus? Not just the hot air from my heater (when its on), but constant? View attachment 1651707View attachment 1651708CCA28B6E-9A7D-4E2A-B7EC-96F6CDA62098.jpeg
The burn is obvious now.
My previous pics showed the temp and humidity while on top the light. Prolly not ts most ideal place? But its safe there.

Back
Top Bottom