New Aquaponic System: First Timer

get a semi-gloss finish or gloss finish and just paint the growing area with that sheen. unless you want shiny walls :laughtwo:
your plants are coming out nicely. well done Josh!
Thanks @PK I'm figuring it out definitely. I am reading again for like two hours a night. I haven't been into something like this for 25 years. I'm telling you my friend, I'm gonna master this. It's so awesome. Thanks again @PK

Thanks @PK I'm figuring it out definitely. I am reading again for like two hours a night. I haven't been into something like this for 25 years. I'm telling you my friend, I'm gonna master this. It's so awesome. Thanks again @PK
i am sure you will. just take good notes for the next round and it should be a walk in the park

Clone. This clone is a photo red dragon that didnt like my light schedule and started to die so I chopped the top off it and stuck the cut down into a dirt mix. She's been in the dirt mix for over a week now and is still looking good. So we'll see.

20201114_075912.jpg

not sure what you mean by chopped the top off? they both look seedlings to me that just made it to the top.
if you notice a seedling stretching to much then just plant her deeper in soil on your transplant day. getting the light closer to them would also help them not to stretch.

You know maybe my lights are not strong enough and I'm going to only produce small girls until I get a better light. My total wattage for my lights all together is 730w. I'm a little short ain't I?
I’m running like 600 from the wall led

In a 4x4 nice grow up brother will stick around

not sure what you mean by chopped the top off? they both look seedlings to me that just made it to the top.
if you notice a seedling stretching to much then just plant her deeper in soil on your transplant day. getting the light closer to them would also help them not to stretch.
Well I topped the Mavado. she is at a month above ground and a week. I wanted to too her early, so that I will be able to top her again before flower. However I fear that I will run into a problem once she gets bigger cause the pot I have her in her roots for re already hanging out to the top of the water. And I only run half bucket of water at a time. But from what I've read. This will only keep the plant short.

I’m running like 600 from the wall led

In a 4x4 nice grow up brother will stick around
My led lights only push 80w I have 6 strip lights and 2 little flatpannel. I am using a floor halogen light and a 150w light bulb on a clamp light.

Heck yeah I’m sure they will do great have u looked at mars lights
Yeah I really want a ts1000 or the 2000 but its x-mas and Santa is really on a budget this year ya know.

So I just bought some miracle gro the other day 2 boxes. 1 is called bloombooster flower food and the other is called orchid food. Both are water soluble. Has anyone ever used these. For any of their grows?

some have run it. mg is mostly time release and can be dangerous as a result. we call it miracle kill locally.

pebbled or bubble wrap mylar is fine. you want to avoid mirrors, panels, or flat panel mylar. those create hotspots that can lead to light burn in odd places and will hamper development. happens a bit more in led, and doesn't need heat to create havoc.

non reflective flat white paint is the best, but a bubble wrap mylar is just fine if you need to prep a space without painting. remember it will also reflect heat inward as well, that is what it is designed for, not light.

edit : for those living under prohibition - we never used the bubble wrap originally as a light reflective. double sided bubble wrap insulation is impervious to FLIR. we started using it up here years ago to defeat LEO. the light reflection was a side bonus. we covered some big grows with that bubble stuff.

So I just bought some miracle gro the other day 2 boxes. 1 is called bloombooster flower food and the other is called orchid food. Both are water soluble. Has anyone ever used these. For any of their grows?
i have not, but i've read with miracle grow your running tails with the deficiencies

I mainly got it for my dirt pots. I'm going to enter in the local c and contest presented my our local grow shop. So I still have a mlm month to prepare. I really need the winnings ya know. It only cost 20 bucks and you have to submit a pic a week. Your given an auto and a pot. With your choice of dirt either liven soil or potting soil of your choice. So I got the salamander cause its water holding. We'll see I guess. Shoot I figure with all your guys help I've got no problem.

Ok so it's been 2 days since I've fed and increased the ppm in my buckets and I just checked th ph and ppm. Beforemy ph was 5.8 and ppm of 205 x 10. Today icheckwd my buckets and here's what I got ph 6.2 and ppm of 837 in both buckets. great white seems to have drank a liter of water in 2 days and the mavado had drank the same. Now I've never had girls to be so thirsty. but tell me this. when I add water should I add nutes?

Well my Mavado is not a Mavado it's a MoJo my bad folks. I guess my blood shot eyes ain't what they used to be. These other 2 are my dirt pots and hopefully fun girls. From what I can read they are going to be awesome. can't wait. :reading420magazine:
20201129_143107.jpg
20201129_142943.jpg
20201129_142913.jpg

Back
Top Bottom