New at caregiving for my 90 year old mom, new at growing too!

muddy river

Hello everyone,
About three weeks ago, my mother, who turns 91 next month, read an article in the Daily Sun about the benefits of medical marijuana. She showed it to me and asked if I thought it could help her arthritis pain. I said, let's ask your doctor; we have an appt in two days. She has been taking four regular strength ibuprofen daily, and it helped but to take that OTC for chronic pain is not good for her body. So the doctor said, Sure, no problem. We set an appt for that specific deal, and he signed up online and sent us home with the printed out prescription for medical marijuana. After I completed all the online stuff, Mom's card arrived in the mail within two days. Then I applied to be her caregiver, to be able to grow it since we live more than 25 miles from any dispensary. (This is Arizona, so right now, even though the voters approved the medical marijuana proposition last fall, Gov. Brewer has suspended the dispensary/clinic-type stuff to try to make the Feds decide if it's legal. Fol-de-rol...) My card, after being fingerprinted, arrived quickly also, and it is my legal license to cultivate medical marijuana. So now I'm trying to learn how to grow weed for my mother.

The medical marijuana has helped my mom SOOO much already. I managed to make some cannabutter, and some brownies, and when they had taken effect, I asked my mom how her pain level was. She rolled her shoulders, flexed her fingers, and said, in astonishment, "Why, I don't have ANY pain at all!" She said it was the first time in many many years she's ever been completely free of pain. She is also sleeping soundly, only getting up once in the night to use the bathroom. That is astonishing, because she also has trouble with insomnia. So now she is rested and more alert during the day. And another effect: Mom's appetite has returned. She had lost weight and wasn't eating with her usual relish, and now is back to a good appetite. There are other, smaller effects that she is also very pleased with.

I must say, I never expected the results to be so dramatic. I thought maybe Mom was just curious, and thought she'd try it out just in case it helped. She has never used marijuana before. But now, there are three very significant health concerns that have been wonderfully addressed by her first week and a half after beginning to use medical marijuana: Pain relief from chronic arthritis, sleeping soundly, and good appetite. What an amazing thing! Why if Big Pharma patented a drug that did all that with no unwanted effects, we'd never hear the end of it!

Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself to the 420 community and will undoubtedly be back asking questions about growing.

muddy river

awesome story man, i'm glad everything is working so well for you're mother. props.

Thanks for sharing your story. This is a wonder plant. It helped our your mom with her pains, and insomnia. Just a tip of the iceberg of what this plant can do. Pharma giants are only into $, and they will do it without concern or care for human life. Interesting to know how this one plant will push many pills back to its bottles and into the trash bin. Actually, just throw away the pill and recycle the bottle, heh.

Glad good ol AZ made it happen..still a few loose ends to tie up but for now growing your own is a good way to go and it's kinda fun. I'm a little further south than you..Hot ass country...ya know, but were doing the same thing..Starting from ground 0.

Welcome to the 420 Mag family... it's great to have you w/us. :welcome:
If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines: Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting

Here are some other links that may be helpful:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

How to Ask for Grow Support

How to Grow Marijuana - 420 Magazine

Mission Statement

Medical Marijuana Lounge - 420 Magazine

Take your coat off and get to know some of the locals, the staff here are great and our members are top shelf... :Namaste:

Hey muddy welcome to :420: and yes we will get you growing asap...it wonderful to hear how some of the older communities are now than ever more interested in trying out this old as day remedy thats been so frowned upon...glad to see some more AZ peeps joining up..im also a local east valley res., patient and grower as well..

I welcome you and your Mom to 420 and look forward to see the fruits..:hippie:

Back
Top Bottom