New At This Medical Thing, Advice On Drinkables

ZoeyMyPet123

420 Member
Ive had a terrible crushing injury to my arm, no previous experience with cannabis. So Im looking for pain relief and it looks like it will be a life long injury.

I cant do the smoking or the vaping thing but I found good results with the NuLeaf tincture but its expensive. So Ive looked at several other CBD+THC tinctures and some water soluble CBD's. It seems there needs to be 10% or more THC in a dose to really be useful. Does this sound credible or am I imagining this ?

Also Ive been using "Cannabis Quenchers" they come in different doses of CBD and THC. Ive probably used 10 of these bottles in 4 months or so. I need pain relief without being in bed all day from a high dose of cannabis.

I have over done it in the past with a bottle of 100% THC got the slurred speech the wobbly thing. I measure out with a glass beaker of 25ml or less +-10% and i was required to take a lot of chemistry in college so im trying to be analytical about this.

So my questions are:

• I know strains, features and effects of individual grows vary wildly, but how many mg of THC is in a "super-joint" a "mid-joint" and a "weak-joint" ? Im trying to gauge the over all range of users. I don't want to over do it. But it does seem to require some level of THC present to be useful.
  • Next calculating a dose/serving.
  • Energy seems to be a problem I get tired, no euphoria, just want to lay down. That doesn't help me.

So starting with dosing, The Cannabis Quenchers ' label says 10 servings per bottle. With 473 ml (or 473 g) in the bottle. one of bottle i use for pain says 9.4mg CBD + 3mg THC per serving. So 473ml / 10 = 47.3 ml fluid volume total, of which 12.4 ml of total CBD-THC. Keep in mind I use a beaker of 25ml or less, yet the serving size is 47ml. I typically take 15-20 ml.

Ive been experimenting with the dosing and get tired, pain relief and woozy when it seems to be at an effective dose.

Next question would be about drinkables specifically. I dont really get to choose a strain, I get what ever the company makes. Would a more energetic strain help? Do the strains behave differently in edibles or drinkables vs. the more common smoking ?

Thank You

First, :welcome: to the forum. I was in your shoes two and a half years ago.

I know strains, features and effects of individual grows vary wildly, but how many mg of THC is in a "super-joint" a "mid-joint" and a "weak-joint" ? Im trying to gauge the over all range of users. I don't want to over do it. But it does seem to require some level of THC present to be useful.

This varies wildly by strain, and who's making the joint. Flowers can be from 5% to over 30% for THC, depending on the strain. CBD can run from 5% to a little over 20%, also depending on the strain. Some strains have both, but the total cannabinoid content is usually below 25%. Seedsman has Cream and Cheese, which they advertise as 20% CBD and 18% THC. I find that hard to believe, so I'm growing it now.

Joints you can buy at dispensaries usually use strains from 15% to 20%, and are often one gram of flower. A joint then is usually 150mg to 200mg THC. Some folks add hash, oil, or resin to their joints, and THC can be measured in grams.

Next calculating a dose/serving.

I use capsules. My first ones were decarboxylated flower. I found 150mg in a size 2 capsule sufficed. I switched to rosin earlier this year for my capsules, as the cannabinoid content of the capsules varied quite a bit. This is how I make them now:

full

Making Cannabis Capsules

Energy seems to be a problem I get tired, no euphoria, just want to lay down. That doesn't help me.

This is usually strain dependent. You will need to try several strains to find which works best for you. Start with sativas for a more energetic dose. Indicas are often referred to as in-da-couch for their couch lock effects. I bought small amounts of about 20 different strains at dispensaries to find something I could use. The I started growing my own, My prescription has been 3gm / day. At $10 / gm I just could not afford the $900 per month.

There are numerous CBD dominant strains. Some you may want to look at are A.C.D.C, Candida, Headband, Nightingale, and V.C.D.C. There are many more, but these have phenotypes with very low THC.

Something else you may wish to look at is compounding your own medicine by mixing strains, and decarboxylating only some of the material. It can get complex quickly.

I'm glad I came forward instead of stumbling around.

If I were to make my own oil what does it smell like throughout the process ? I cant stink up the house. Though I was thinking of using ethyl alcohol with dissolved cannabis being concentrated then using ultra high vacuum to volatize the alcohol off, instead of heating. Then Decarboxylating the smaller volume.

Also is "Tangie" the same as "Tangerine" ? Im finding it hard to keep track of all the names.

Ethanol is a good choice of solvent. I can't get it, so I use a rosin press. There is some odor when I press, and decarboxylate the rosin, but it dissipates rapidly.

They may be the same strain by different breeders. I'm not sure, as it's not a strain I've considered.

I put the rosin in a beaker, and heat that in a pan with about 3/8" (10mm) cooking oil in it to 230°F. When it reaches temperature it decarbs. It takes about 15 minutes for the bubbling to stop indicating decarb is complete.

The amount of terpines will depend on how you prepare the edible. The higher the heat, and longer it is applied the more terpines you'll lose.

hmmm, Im contemplating my options. on "weed maps" does the shopping cart icon mean theres a store front ? I see a car which means delivery I assume.

Ive had a terrible crushing injury to my arm, no previous experience with cannabis. So Im looking for pain relief and it looks like it will be a life long injury.

I cant do the smoking or the vaping thing but I found good results with the NuLeaf tincture but its expensive. So Ive looked at several other CBD+THC tinctures and some water soluble CBD's. It seems there needs to be 10% or more THC in a dose to really be useful. Does this sound credible or am I imagining this ?

Also Ive been using "Cannabis Quenchers" they come in different doses of CBD and THC. Ive probably used 10 of these bottles in 4 months or so. I need pain relief without being in bed all day from a high dose of cannabis.

I have over done it in the past with a bottle of 100% THC got the slurred speech the wobbly thing. I measure out with a glass beaker of 25ml or less +-10% and i was required to take a lot of chemistry in college so im trying to be analytical about this.

So my questions are:

• I know strains, features and effects of individual grows vary wildly, but how many mg of THC is in a "super-joint" a "mid-joint" and a "weak-joint" ? Im trying to gauge the over all range of users. I don't want to over do it. But it does seem to require some level of THC present to be useful.
  • Next calculating a dose/serving.
  • Energy seems to be a problem I get tired, no euphoria, just want to lay down. That doesn't help me.

So starting with dosing, The Cannabis Quenchers ' label says 10 servings per bottle. With 473 ml (or 473 g) in the bottle. one of bottle i use for pain says 9.4mg CBD + 3mg THC per serving. So 473ml / 10 = 47.3 ml fluid volume total, of which 12.4 ml of total CBD-THC. Keep in mind I use a beaker of 25ml or less, yet the serving size is 47ml. I typically take 15-20 ml.

Ive been experimenting with the dosing and get tired, pain relief and woozy when it seems to be at an effective dose.

Next question would be about drinkables specifically. I dont really get to choose a strain, I get what ever the company makes. Would a more energetic strain help? Do the strains behave differently in edibles or drinkables vs. the more common smoking ?

Thank You

I learned a great deal about this subject from ardentcannabis.com (I utilize their product) and projectcdb.com.

Back
Top Bottom