New ban on tobacco in Dutch Coffeeshops

Franco.gh

As of July 1st, 2008, tobacco has been banned from all indoor public places in Holland, including Coffeeshops.
The new smoking ban does not affect cannabis use.
Mixing tobacco and cannabis in a rolled cigarette (European joint) is tecnically illegal, but still tolerated.
Establishments with an outdoor terrace allow smoking tobacco while sitting outside.

:cool:

I smoke tobacco, and I wont even smoke a cigarette in my own house! So I dont think it would be a problem with me. If you ask me I agree with them, who wants to smell and breathe in secondhand smoke from some nasty ass cancer causing (among so many other things) tobacco? Plus I think weed and tobacco should NEVER mixed.

I had read a news article on that last month. I was wondering if it was going to affect coffee shops. Thanks for the update!

This was in the Free Amsterdam newspaper!

And yes, coffeeshops are fooked now. Most of the personel now has to also keep an eye on dumb MF's smoking tobacco. The fines of 300 euros and higher are for the owner of the shop..

Health Minister Klink has informed the Dutch parliament that the ban on smoking in cafés from July 1st will not apply to the smoking of marijuana.

The tobacco ban will affect the whole horeca industry. Cafés, restaurants, discotheques, theatres and coffee shops. However as Health Minister Klink said, the ban falls under the tobacco laws and does not apply to tobacco-free products. Like Marijuana.

However, visitors of coffeeshops will have to consume cannabis without tobacco.

"Staff in these coffeeshops have the same right as workers in other cafés to a tobacco-free working environment", says Klink. ACC

p.s. Did you know the only place where the smoking ban is not in effect is the European Parlaiment apparently.. (Don't do like WE do.. Do like we tell you!)

I had read that there were exceptions being allowed.

For example; if the shop had a tobacco area with separate ventilation; that kept employees from being exposed.

I don't smoke but I do have a problem with the anti-smoking zealots constantly pushing for more restrictions. I'm against anything that's against freedom

Of course there should never be an outright ban on smoking, its ridiculous. Some people suffer hay fever or are allergic to cats. Does that mean one day it be illegal to have a cat ventureout into public.

Freedom of choice is already severely lacking in the world, there woudl be a choice to go into smoking or non smoking bars. If you dont like, stay the f**k away.

:thumb:

I had read that there were exceptions being allowed.

For example; if the shop had a tobacco area with separate ventilation; that kept employees from being exposed.

I don't smoke but I do have a problem with the anti-smoking zealots constantly pushing for more restrictions. I'm against anything that's against freedom

hear hear!

The problem being when things are done in a public setting. Rules have to be set since people don't always know how to act in public or consider other peoples rights selfishness is human a trait. The problems arise when they infringe on private setting.

Tobacco was banned in most provinces in Canada a while ago. Life goes on... Smoking pot is a different story.. As long as no one is smoking while I sleep, I don't mind if smoking happens indoors..

Just came back Friday from Amsterdam and in the coffee shops they sell joint's Cannabis & tobacco or pure Cannabis they are Prerolled and they don't care where you smokem,but since they have Cannabis in them you smoke them in the shop.They do restict smoking in other buildings. :peace:

I smoke in every single coffeeshop tobacco and weed it has never been a problem. In some coffeeshops you have to hide your tobacco but the changes of being cought are zero.

Back
Top Bottom