New Beginings! DWC?

onlypotent420

I hate to say it but my first grow is slowly but surely coming to a close. So naturally I am making plans for my next grow. I was thinking along the lines of a DWC grow. If anybody has any good little tricks and tips about DWC that you have learned overtime that you would like to share let me know here is my parts list for my DWC.

DWC GROW SET UP
1 25 gal dark tote
4 net pots
Air pump
Air stone
3ft Air hose
Better light
Miracle grow all purpose water soluble 24-8-16 (veg)
Miracle grow water soluble bloom booster 15-30-15 (flower)

Before any one gives me shit about the miracle grow I want to say that. I have been a scouring the net for pics and tips using Miracle grow and have seen great looking plants using my same set-up.

The only thing I am having trouble with is what kinda of medium to use and how to transfer my clones which are in the seed starter made by jiffy. Any suggestion?

I'm not going to give you shit about using the miracle grow. just know your plants won't be all they can be...............

I use hydroton or clay pebbles. They work great, hold a bit of nute water when not flooded and not so bad to clean. Make sure to rinse it before use though. there will be a lot of dust at the bottom of your pots if you don't. When you go to transplant the babies just make sure they get deep enough or else when the system floods they can come loose and rise to the top. Titan says to have the rooter plug at least 2 inches from the top of the hydroton.

you can just put the expanded jiffy pellet right in your net pot after you see a good enough rooting system there, put a bit of grow rocks at the bottom of your net pot than put in your plant after that fill the net pot with more grow rocks. Your plant will be fine just make sure your reservoir is full enough when you transplant them so you have some aerated water going to the plant so the roots know where to grow, you can lower your water levels after your plants have established a nice rooting system.

Back
Top Bottom