New Beginner Hydroponic Cool Cab Grow 2008

Dweeden420

420 Nug of the Month: 2nd Place Winner
My hubby and I are trying our hand at hydroponics. We germinated 15 Amsterdam seeds : 7 being White Buffalo Tatanka and 8 being some of the free Indica/Sativa mix you get free with our order. We are using a turn-key system from Sunlight Sheds called the Cool Cab 72"x36"x18" deep
The system comes with the 400 watt MH already installed and a 400 watt HPS to change during the flowering stage. It also has a seperate upper chamber for 24 light stage. The 14 plant hydroflora system incorporates both drip and ultrasonic fogging.

The White Buffalo Tatanka is a cross between Big Bud and White Widow and
grow difficulty is described as: moderate.

This picture is 3 days after germination:

100_0864.jpg

These pictures are 10 days after germination:

100_0876_00.jpg

100_08733.jpg

And These are 14 days after germination:

100_08941.jpg

100_08901.jpg

100_0892.jpg

Today is Sunday 11/23/08 and the plants are cruzin...I will add a few pics in little while. By my estimation the plants have been in the cabinet for 2 weeks and 1 day. I am amazed at the size of the plants and the root mass. We are using Fox Farm nutes at ppm between 1120 and 1260. We are currently adding approximately 4 quarts of water per day.

Pictures are non existent...

Sunlight Sheds says: The ULTRASONIC FOGGER turns your water and your nutrients in 15-20 micron water droplets that are rapidly absorbed through the roots. The smaller water/nutrient particles also allow for better oxygen exchange for the root structure. This item alone can increase root structure by up to 40%!!

I would say yes...its not mandatory....But it helps by increasing the amount of o2 in the water, it also kills bacteria and basically sterilizes the water....Excellent preventative against root rot....Just add a cap full of Isopropyl into your res, and adjust PH after if needed.......We dont want those nice healthy roots to get sick.

+reps for good luck.

I would say yes...its not mandatory....But it helps by increasing the amount of o2 in the water, it also kills bacteria and basically sterilizes the water....Excellent preventative against root rot....Just add a cap full of Isopropyl into your res, and adjust PH after if needed.......We dont want those nice healthy roots to get sick.

+reps for good luck.

Ok, now just a little more info if you don't mind, we have a 66 qt. res., you would put 1 capful for this size res., and how often? We are planning a water change after 3 full weeks, which will be Saturday would that be a good time to start?? or now???

Back
Top Bottom