New Canadian Grower!

:smokin:Welcome to 420 CanNewBudd. Another Canadian here and I do grow in hydro. A great experience for sure. After reading through to your last post thought I should join in. You have your ph a bit to high going in though, should be more like 5.8 in a fresh res. At 6.5 I would be changing mine out as it is at the top end for hydro.

:smokin:Welcome to 420 CanNewBudd. Another Canadian here and I do grow in hydro. A great experience for sure. After reading through to your last post thought I should join in. You have your ph a bit to high going in though, should be more like 5.8 in a fresh res. At 6.5 I would be changing mine out as it is at the top end for hydro.
Welcome to 420 @CanNewBudd ! Looking forward to seeing a journal pop up soon!

I’m also a hydro guy! I’m not familiar with the buckets you’re using, is that a bottom feed?
I’m using a top feed recirculating system myself. For me, dropping PH below 6 gives me some problems. I stick around 6.1 and 6.2.

Gents, thank you! The reason I PH my water to 6.5, is because once I add my nutrients in, I have found the pH to drop to about 5.8-6.2. Rather then screw up a batch of nutes by chasing the PH After I have already added in all of my nutrients, I start with 6.5 and let it drop on its own. I always check the PH and EC after a stir and a 10 min "wait period" before I deploy it to my plants. I have made a LOT of mistakes and caused a LOT of problems by jumping the gun. Iv also wasted a lot of time and solution by messing up the PH after I miss in my nutrients.

But, this is just my method. I know (because you two are proof) that everyone has their own way to get the job done. Yours is just as good, and I'm glad they work for you! Thank you for sharing.

:goodjob:

:welcome: to :420:CNB:passitleft:...I read every single post :reading420magazine: yep yep all 25 :nerd-with-glasses:...didn't understand a thing :rofl::rofl: cuz tomatoes :hmmmm: I know nothing :eye-roll: snap peas :hmmmm: I know nothing :sorry: but weed :morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:has been betty betty good to me :rofl::rofl:

I know, I. An be a little cryptic some times. But everyone starts somewhere, tomatoes and snap peas is where I had the best luck with hydroponics.

I like your use of emoji's, it breaks up the monotony of reading sometimes.
:passitleft:

I know, I. An be a little cryptic some times. But everyone starts somewhere, tomatoes and snap peas is where I had the best luck with hydroponics.

I like your use of emoji's, it breaks up the monotony of reading sometimes.
:passitleft:
Nah I'm just high :lot-o-toke: only when I'm awake though :Rasta: never while I'm sleeping :rollit:okay maybe sometimes but I don't remember :rofl: and I use the emojis like I smoke weed :lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke: there's always one somewhere :slide:

BTW I was just messing with you :snowboating: like I do everyone :ciao: and I have a BIG veggie garden :thumb: with corn, squash, cucumbers, broccoli, romaine lettuce, carrots, yes tomatoes, and I prefer string beans to snap peas :cheesygrinsmiley: I also have several fruit trees/bushes apples, pears, blue and blackberry bushes, and my fav a little bing cherry tree :love:

Back
Top Bottom